New Content - Implemented Source Terminal

shoptroll

Not sure if this should be here or in it's own thread, but the Source terminal files do not appear in the filtered zap list in the relay browser (daily version 17521)

Wiki lists them as a zap group, tested this myself:

You zap the Source terminal file: dram.ext with your hexagonal wand.
Source terminal file: compress.edu You acquire an item: Source terminal file: compress.edu [use]

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Not sure if this should be here or in it's own thread, but the Source terminal files do not appear in the filtered zap list in the relay browser (daily version 17521)

Wiki lists them as a zap group, tested this myself:

You zap the Source terminal file: dram.ext with your hexagonal wand.
Source terminal file: compress.edu You acquire an item: Source terminal file: compress.edu [use]

ungawa

Given that digitized wanderers have a set counter, would it be onerous if mafia prompted you if you're sure you want to adventure in the selected location when the timer's at 0, a la SRs?
I've just been setting timers, but whenever I forget and find a digitized monster in an undelayed zone, I get grumpy. Thanks!

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Given that digitized wanderers have a set counter, would it be onerous if mafia prompted you if you're sure you want to adventure in the selected location when the timer's at 0, a la SRs?
I've just been setting timers, but whenever I forget and find a digitized monster in an undelayed zone, I get grumpy. Thanks!

Funny story, I actually initially implemented it so that this was the case, but that aborted automation for players who didn't override that behavior with a counterScript. That was decided generally to be a bad thing, so we have the current behavior.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I added "counters warn" to let people add this on their own, in some before/after-adventure script. I can post the code I use, but it will be a few days before I'm back at my computer.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Code:
if ( !can_interact() && get_property( "relayCounters" ).contains_text( "Digitize Monster" ) && !get_counters( "", 0, 950 ).contains_text( "Digitize Monster" ) )
{
	cli_execute( "counters warn Digitize Monster" );
}
That is what I'm using, in a post-adventure script.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
They are separate counters each time, so I'm not sure how that would work.

A new setting would likely apply to every IotM-generated wanderer going forward (with the lack of a window making it relevant)?

Bale

Minion
Code:
if ( !can_interact() && get_property( "relayCounters" ).contains_text( "Digitize Monster" ) && !get_counters( "", 0, 950 ).contains_text( "Digitize Monster" ) )
{
}

That seems a bit excessive. I've modified your code a bit.

Code:
if( !to_boolean(get_property("kingLiberated")) && get_counters("Digitize Monster", 0, 4).contains_text("Digitize Monster") )

That works nicely for me.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I've reconsidered lost's code. Now I understand the purpose of that last condition. I'm now using this:

Code:
void warn_digitize() {
	if( !to_boolean(get_property("kingLiberated")) && get_counters("Digitize Monster", 0, 4).contains_text("Digitize Monster") && !get_counters("", 0, 4).contains_text("Digitize Monster") )
}

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If I manage to break ronin without freeing the king, it's probably a strong indicator that I don't really care about being warned about those counters anyway.

Boesbert

Using the Orcish Frat House blueprints will start mafia's digitize counter. It does not, however, start the actual KoL digitize counter.

Malibu Stacey

Code:
{
}

Mental note: General -> Preferences -> - Relay Browser -> "Run afterAdventureScript after manual Adventures" needs to be enabled (I think it's disabled by default). I just spent the first 2 days of a HC AoSP ascension trying to figure out why this wasn't working.

Also

Code:
> help counters

counters [ clear | add number [title img] ] - show, clear, or add to current turn counters.

Is missing the info on the 'warn' command.

Using the Orcish Frat House blueprints will start mafia's digitize counter. It does not, however, start the actual KoL digitize counter.

Time-Spinner's Adventure Way Back in Time appears to do the same (and also decrements delay counters in the last zone you adventured in which it shouldn't either).