CanAdv -- check whether you can adventure at a given location

ereinion

Yeah, I know, I think we may have discussed something slightly similar elsewhere :) Just thought I'd mention it in case any of the maintainers of the script wanted to update that line.

zarqon

1. I'd create a new second post under Theraze's name. Then I would delete canadv.ash from zarqon's post and put a line indicating that canadv was to be downloaded in the following post.

I vote this! I appreciate Theraze's maintenance of this script.

EDIT: I'll edit my first post to contain appropriate information in that case.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Okay... Will xarqon and Theraze please check out the second post of this thread!

Please keep in mind that [size=+1]The CanAdv Project (0.73)[/size] will need to be modified in the first post as well or else the version checker won't work right when Theraze updates.

Last edited:

zarqon

I'll just write the title differently, then the first match will be in Theraze's post.

Also thanks Bale! A good minion you are.

Winterbay

So, the check_guild()-function appears to automatically try to open the guild. I'm not entirely sure that this is a good thing, especially since it'll fail horribly to do anything useful in Axecore, and instead (until 10540) spend futile turns trying to open the muscle guild which can't be opened.

This unfortunately cost me ~80 turns today (I have a canadv-enabled script imported as part of my login-script).

Local copy of check_guild now set to return false instead of running the "guild"-command.

Last edited:

Theraze

I'll consider how best to do this. In my current 0.75, it now checks to see if you have a LEW, and only tries to unlock the guild if you do have one. I need to decide between making a variable to set for unlocking the guild (if you're a valid class) or making it prep only, which has the possibility of having people miss semi-rares if you need to prep... I'm thinking probably either variable or just leaving it automatically unlocking if you're a class that can. Preference?

Last edited:

Theraze

Well, no preference expressed yet, so I might as well release 0.75 and we can bump it another hundredth when/if we change it up. Not that it's REALLY needed, since Veracity fixed it so mafia aborts the unlock attempt, but 0.75 won't try to unlock the guild if you don't have one, which should also fix the other avatars, if they become classes that are similar.

Winterbay

Ahh missed the edit there... :)
I think not opening it if you can't is quite enough actually, even though "only if preping" might be a more failsafe.

Theraze

Yeah, I completely changed my plan between initial and 5 minutes later, when I was considering how having it unlock the guild when you're prepping for the guano junction semi-rare would probably make people mad. :)

Alhifar

I don't use canadv very often, but I'd much prefer it not spend adventures unless I'm explicitly telling it to. In this case via some sort of preference or the prep variable, doesn't make much difference to me. I'll just comment that line out if it's decided to keep it in though, so I really don't have a horse in this race.

Theraze

Hmm... looking at it, there's multiple problems with the current implementation of checkguild. Areas involved with checkguild, which appear to possibly be unlocked in a Boriscore run:
Degrassi Knoll
Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary
Whitey Grove
White Citadel

Idran

I don't think there's any way to unlock the Cemetary pre-crypt or White Citadel in Boriscore, actually. As far as I know there isn't, at least.

Theraze

Okay, so that leaves us with needing to know the alternate (or correct) unlock conditions for the Knoll, Cemetary, and Grove. At which point, I'll probably spin the automatic guild unlocking into a variable, defaulting to true (keeping current behaviour consistent, but allowing for avoiding it) for unlocking the guild on non-prep checks. Big warning here that if you disable automatic unlocking, use the script, and are using it for deciding where to do your next adventure, depending on how we do it, it might not be as accurate or... unlock friendly.

The 'best' way to do it is probably to keep the areas marked as unavailable until the user manually unlocks them. If you've disabled unlockAutomatically (or whatever we call it), even prepping for adventuring in a zone probably shouldn't unlock it automatically, because you might have applied buffs that will be running out and don't want them applied in the guild zones. Or should we still plan on it? Remember, this is a feature I'm unlikely to ever use, because, well, I like having my areas available. :)

Idran

These should be the unlock conditions; these are all also possible unlock conditions in any run if you haven't unlocked these zones by other, more standard means, by the way, so they should probably be included in general.

Cemetary: Clear the Cyrpt
Knoll: Accept the Untinker's Quest
Grove: Get Mr. Alarm's request for wet stunt nut stew

Winterbay

That'll unlock the post-cyrpt cemetary and the Whitey's grove however not the pre-cyrpt cemetary and the road to the white citadel.

Theraze

Like I said... I have the 10 max-hp skeletons in the Pre-Cyrpt Cemetary unlocked. Either that's happening by the magics of HC KoL bugginess, or Idran's theory holds some merit. But I'll try to pay attention on my other characters and make sure that's when it appears for me. :)

Idran

Actually all I meant was post-Cyrpt and Whitey's Grove; I didn't pay attention to which Cemetary I unlocked in my Boris run, lemme check to see.

Edit: I definitely have the post-Cyrpt unlocked for mine, although I'm at level 13 right now and so that might be a factor.

Last edited: