Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 LastLast

Thread: CanAdv -- check whether you can adventure at a given location

You don't expect anyone to run Ed-core? Isn't that where the other quest item lives?

You don't expect anyone to run Ed-core? Isn't that where the other quest item lives?
    Originally Posted by Theraze View Post
    No, the other key is impossible to get after the spookyraven revamp.

Ah. If it and the palindrome book and all of the other suchlikes are all fully depreciated, then I'm fine saying there's only one itemid ever. If this specific example is the only one where I'm only screwing the never-ascenders and the other ambiguous items may still affect things, I may as well not damage those ultrafarmers who don't actually use CA.

There is still overlap with the ancient amulet and Staff of Ed, but these checks would probably need to be separate anyway. I can post my current version when I get home in case seeing how I did it would be helpful.

Ok, just had a quick diff between our two versions. Stole a few alphabetizations and Drunkula's glass checks.

The differences that remain (there are many) are mostly qprop => qprop conversions (using ZLib's built-in function rather than CanAdv's).

Which unfortunately means the remaining differences are a little harder to spot, but in all cases of ambiguous items the check can be made simply with a single item check rather than needing to check for multiple items.
    Attached Files
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: One-Click Wossname | Om******t (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Synced in the CanGo changes including removing CanAdv qprop, adding LOVE, and possibly a few other tweaks.

Interestingly, some of the IsleWar locations are available before the IsleWar is started. Namely, the Wartime Frat House (Hippy Disguise) and Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise). I had to make the following changes:

To the zone check:
    Code:
          case "IsleWar": return levelcheck(12) && !qprop("questL12War");
    And to the IsleWar section:
    Code:
      // islewar
       case $location[Wartime Hippy Camp (Frat Disguise)]: return outfitcheck("frat boy ensemble") || outfitcheck("frat warrior fatigues");
       case $location[Wartime Frat House (Hippy Disguise)]: return outfitcheck("filthy hippy disguise") || outfitcheck("war hippy fatigues");
       case $location[The Battlefield (Frat Uniform)]: return qprop("questL12War >= step1") && outfitcheck("frat warrior fatigues") && get_property("hippiesDefeated") != "1000";
       case $location[The Battlefield (Hippy Uniform)]: return qprop("questL12War >= step1") && outfitcheck("war hippy fatigues") && get_property("fratboysDefeated") != "1000";
       case $location[The Themthar Hills]: return qprop("questL12War >= step1") && get_property("sidequestNunsCompleted") == "none";
    If you wish to confirm, next time before starting the war adventure in either camp with the lower-level outfit on (i.e. in the Frat House with the Filthy Hippy Disguise on) and check the snarfblat.
    Sig by JakAtk
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mer********d (?!) | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager | About Bats
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Done and thanks.

CanAdv says I cannot adventure in the Castle. KoL does.

Code:
    > call scripts\CanCastle.ash

Top: false
    Ground: false
    Basement: false
    Hole: true
    SOCK: 0
    questL10Garbage: finished
    lastCastleGroundUnlock: 0
    lastCastleTopUnlock: 0
    my_ascensions: 0
    Character has been around for at least a decade and has never ascended. I believe the relevant KoL settings are correct. Character has an intergalactic rowboat.

My CanCastle.ash attached. I know I don't need to_string as much as I have used it.
    Attached Files
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

We should probably add the rowboat check back in. For characters who haven't ascended since the advent of the S.O.C.K., the entire castle will be reported as unavailable.
    Sig by JakAtk