Doc Galactic and Ed

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
If the wiki is to be believed then nothing that Doc G offers will restore while in Actually Ed. Is that recent or am I just remembering things that did not happen? if that is true then there is something in my ecosystem that does not know that and keeps throwing meat away. Thanks.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
That's been around since day 1 of the path. If you remember, getting beaten up via noncombats (notably: zerg rush, guano junction clover at start of run, a-boo clues) essentially meant you had to spend a turn resting at your campground if you didn't have any bandages from the underworld.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Yep. I was confused because "it used to work". When the smoke cleared it turns out to be operator error and confusion. The character I checked autorecovery settings for and the character with the problem were not the same. If you allow mafia to autorecover in ED then it appears that it will uselessly buy from Doc G. That is arguably a feature that could be corrected but since there are workarounds I'm not in any rush to address it or ask someone else to do so.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Tell Mafia to not buy stuff?

The nuclear option, because in context I wanted mafia to buy anything it could. The issue is that mafia will do what it was told - buy restores from the doc - even when using those restores will do nothing.