Puzzling message during login initialization.

Ethelred

The noticed the message about free rests
Code:
Updating closet...
Retrieving quest data...
You have free rests      available but KoLmafia thought you had none.
Retrieving familiar data...
Familiar      data retrieved.
Retrieving campground data...
in the gCLI today during my login initialization. Now maybe it's been there everyday and I've just never noticed it before, but I found it to be a puzzling message. What does it mean? Is it usually there? Has something changed? Do I need to do anything about it?

Thanks for any insight into what's going on.

Last edited:

VladYvhuce

Wow. It's not just me getting that message. I've been getting that for months, now... Just figured it was something of a glitch within Mafia that nobody else was noticing...

Darzil

Developer
Which free rests do you folks have? It may be as simple as the something that gives them not being checked until after chateau or campground is checked.

Ethelred

The character who encountered the message has an unconscious collective familiar for 3 free daily rests. I checked my session logs and this message started showing up on April 8, 2016 and appears in my session logs everyday since then, but only for that character. Only took me 5 weeks to start noticing it. :eek: That was the day I upgraded from KoLmafia-16860.jar to KoLmafia-16863.jar, if case that info is of any use. I have another char who also has a collective, but that char has some additional sources of free rests and has never received the message. Well, at least not this year.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Okay. Looks like we check Chateau before familiars when logging in. Looks like that's the only source of free rests not from skill or Chateau decoration. r16940 *should* fix this. Untested.

VladYvhuce

I'd actually forgotten about the unconscious collective's free rests. Yes, I have one of those, too. And no, I don't have the DB resting skills.

Ethelred

I'm happy to report that as of r16940 (well, technically r16941 since I didn't try r16940), the character with only the unconscious collective familiar as a source of free rests no longer gets the puzzling message. Thanks to all who contiubuted to understanding and fixing the (not all that much of a) problem.

VladYvhuce

I'm happy to report that as of r16940 (well, technically r16941 since I didn't try r16940), the character with only the unconscious collective familiar as a source of free rests no longer gets the puzzling message. Thanks to all who contiubuted to understanding and fixing the (not all that much of a) problem.
Ditto for my character, who has both chateau and unconscious collective.