Bug - Fixed Tennis Ball resets at rollover

Darzil

Developer
Tennis Ball seems to be a new type of banish, which lasts 30 turns or until rollover, whichever happens first.

Will need handling by BanishManager.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Are we sure that other turn-based banishers don't work like that now? If they do, that would make the change simpler.

I'm pretty sure Snokebomb ends on rollover too (and mafia doesn't know), but to definitively answer losts question. No, they didn't change all banishers: Give you Opponent the Stinkeye lasts over rollover (I'm sure I could dig up a log of that somewhere, but I suck at regular expressions).

Last edited:
For future reference, Notepad++ has a 'Find in Files' option that would eliminate the need to put together a regex query. I use it regularly when I need to find something in my mafia logs.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
17405 adds support for this type of banish. All that's left is the trivial (as far as the code goes, at least) step of marking which banishes work this way.

I have no idea how to do such a thing, but I decided I might as well do a little spading to help out with that.
Sticks over Rollover: crystal skull, give you opponent the stinkeye, divine champagne popper
Ends at Rollover: pantsgiving, tennis ball, snokebomb, Louder Than Bomb

I used them, waited for rollover, then reapplied them as needed, while running away from the last monster in the zone using my stomping boots free runs. (Alternately, you could find a zone with the same number of monsters as banishers, and a conditional monster, and banish until you get tumbleweeds, wait for rollover and rebanish until you get tumbleweeds again).

Banishers untested: Harold's bell, pulled indigo taffy, V for Vivala mask, cocktail napkin, Chatterboxing
Banishers with indefinite duration except until rollover: Nanorhino, Batter Up!, ice hotel bell, bowl of scorpions, spooky music box mechanism
Also untested are all the challenge path specific banishers (and any not listed on the banishing kolwiki page).

Last edited: