Bug - Waiting for Info Purchasing Mayo device not recognised

Darzil

Developer
I bought a Miracle Whip, but mayoWhipRented and _mayoDeviceRented weren't set to true.

I can't see an obvious cause, unless NPC purchasing doesn't hit ResultProcessor for some reason. Which would mean this never worked, which would be surprising.

Either way, I'll have to remember to test another ascension unless someone else does.

I've often noted that _mayoDeviceRented is false after purchasing a Miracle Whip. I'm unsure if that's ever worked.

mayoWhipRented appears to work for me (my setting in aftercore is currently true) though possibly that gets populated at some point after renting the whip (e.g. after viewing the workshed with rented items available and the whip unavailable).

Bale

Minion
The idea that this might have never worked for so long, without it getting reported until now...

It seems that I'm not the only one who recently started playing with a Mayo Clinic instead of a DNA Lab due to post-Smithness syndrome.

The idea that this might have never worked for so long, without it getting reported until now...

Well, it's because it's an extremely low impact issue. That's why I never bothered reporting it despite using the clinic exclusively since it was released. It's a very simple thing to keep track of without resorting to checking mafia properties, and its usually trivial to check the current state anyway.