Witchess Puzzle Solver

Pazleysox

I know I'm late in posting this, but has anyone seen this: "No match attempted or previous match failed (witchess_solver.ash, line 104)" I get it when I try and run the script. If I have opened witchess manually, I don't get this, and the script runs fine...

qwertyaznman123

I know I'm late in posting this, but has anyone seen this: "No match attempted or previous match failed (witchess_solver.ash, line 104)" I get it when I try and run the script. If I have opened witchess manually, I don't get this, and the script runs fine...

I just got this message too. I have the most recent build of Mafia, as well.

I get this as well in the exact same situations. Why it wouldn't detect that Witchess isn't active and try to go there BEFORE attempting a solution... is beyond me.

Pazleysox

Here's what I did to combat the issue. There's probably a better way to do it, but I couldn't think of one.

Code:
void main()
{
	visit_url("campground.php");
	visit_url("campground.php?action=witchess");
	visit_url("choice.php?whichchoice=1181&option=2&pwd");  
	visit_url("choice.php?whichchoice=1181&option=1&pwd"); 
	visit_url("campground.php?action=witchess"); 

cli_execute("call witchess_solver.ash");
}

Last edited:

Uli

Can you post the actual error? Is line 104 part of the witchess script?

"No match attempted or previous match failed (witchess_solver.ash, line 104)"

Get the same error whether I run your rollover script or the witchess script directly, so it would seem that's where the error is happening. It is the same error you posted here in post #42 above. I tried copy/pasting your fix from post #46 into the witchess script to no avail.

Pazleysox

"No match attempted or previous match failed (witchess_solver.ash, line 104)"

Get the same error whether I run your rollover script or the witchess script directly, so it would seem that's where the error is happening. It is the same error you posted here in post #42 above. I tried copy/pasting your fix from post #46 into the witchess script to no avail.

I remember dealing with this. I believe it happens when the script comes across a puzzle it hasn't solved for you yet. For some reason, I also think it happens before you have the full puzzle buff available too.

I used to manually go into my witchess set, and open a puzzle, not solve it, and re-run the script. If that doesn't do it, try having mafia auto solve 1 puzzle, and re-run.

Uli

I remember dealing with this. I believe it happens when the script comes across a puzzle it hasn't solved for you yet. For some reason, I also think it happens before you have the full puzzle buff available too.

I used to manually go into my witchess set, and open a puzzle, not solve it, and re-run the script. If that doesn't do it, try having mafia auto solve 1 puzzle, and re-run.

Your suggestion helped and after opening the witchess set in my campground, opening a puzzle, then leaving, the script started back up again.

Thanks!

Last edited:

snooty

I'm getting this today...after both manually switching the puzzle, and mafia auto-solve. Any suggestions?

Puzzle 1 complete. (#37)
Puzzle 2 complete. (#45)
Puzzle 3 complete. (#61)
Soution out of bounds!
Solution: u u r d r r u u l u u u l u u u u r u u r d d d l d d r r d l d d r d d d r u u u u u u u u u l u r u l u r ->
witchess.php?sol=&ajax=1&number=58
Could not solve puzzle 4. (#58)
Puzzle 5 complete. (#60)
Could not complete all witchess puzzles.

snooty

Not sure if this is a bug, or if there's already a fix somewhere and I just haven't found it yet. I was using the most recent build, but when witchess_solver.ash failed I switched to the earliest build showing. Still failed. Hope I inserted the gCLI msg correctly, never used the code function before.

Code:
Invalid type name 'writeX' (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 8 to char 14)
Expected , or ], found + (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 15 to char 16)
Type given but not used to declare anything (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 3 to char 16)
Expected }, found + (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 15 to char 16)
Expected }, found + (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 15 to char 16)
Missing return value (witchess_solver.ash, line 184, char 8 to char 36)
Empty or unknown node (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 15 to char 16)
Expected ;, found + (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 21 to char 22)
Empty or unknown node (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 21 to char 22)
Unknown variable 'writeY' (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 23 to char 29)
Expected ;, found ] (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 29 to char 30)
Empty or unknown node (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 29 to char 30)
Empty or unknown node (witchess_solver.ash, line 232, char 31 to char 32)
Empty or unknown node (witchess_solver.ash, line 233, char 2 to char 3)
Unknown variable 'x' (witchess_solver.ash, line 235, char 6 to char 7)
Unknown variable 'y' (witchess_solver.ash, line 235, char 16 to char 17)
Unknown variable 'x' (witchess_solver.ash, line 236, char 61 to char 62)
Unknown variable 'y' (witchess_solver.ash, line 236, char 73 to char 74)
Unknown variable 'path' (witchess_solver.ash, line 240, char 7 to char 11)
Unknown variable 'path' (witchess_solver.ash, line 243, char 24 to char 28)
Cannot return when outside of a function (witchess_solver.ash, line 247, char 2 to char 8)
Empty or unknown node (witchess_solver.ash, line 248, char 1 to char 2)
WARNING: Unreachable code (witchess_solver.ash, line 275, char 64)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
@gausie This seems to be unexpected fallout from adding the `path` type. First erroring line in the script:
Code:
path[writeX + "," + writeY] = 0;

We probably ought to mark path as a reserved keyword, among other things.

@snooty The last revision that this works for as-is is probably r26712. If you're feeling adventurous, you can open up the script file in, say, notepad, and do a search+replace of "path" -> "witchess_path".

snooty

@gausie This seems to be unexpected fallout from adding the `path` type. First erroring line in the script:
Code:
path[writeX + "," + writeY] = 0;

We probably ought to mark path as a reserved keyword, among other things.

@snooty The last revision that this works for as-is is probably r26712. If you're feeling adventurous, you can open up the script file in, say, notepad, and do a search+replace of "path" -> "witchess_path".
Okay, now this is *super* weird. I checked for days and saw zero replies, so I reverted to the old witchess solver. Thanks for the response, and I hope it helps anyone else that runs into this issue!