Big Request with a Big Reward

Vandire

Hello!

As some people may have noticed, my account has been fairly thoroughly liquidated.

I'm taking a long term hiatus from the game, and may or may not start playing again in the future. The problem is, my account is old, and has access to a lot of limited-time content that doesn't have much of a supply in the kingdom. For example, snowcones, candy hearts, stickers, tea tree tea, etc.

What I would like is a script to help keep these in supply for people who still play. I would like to be able to once per day, open KoLMafia, and have an on-login script collect all of my daily freebies and hand them out randomly to whoever is in /newbie at the time. Shining some sunshine, hugs and employee motivation around would be nice, too!

I would also like the script to auto-adventure in the temporal battlefield. Supposedly it's possible to farm it a reasonable amount each day indefinitely without gaining mainstat, although I do not know how this is done. I'm also not sure if it reopens from de-levelling, or if I would need to do a casual ascension for this. If that isn't possible, then farming the Zeppelin protesters would also be good. As for meat and generic items generated through combat - I would like the account to keep hold of that. If I do choose to start playing again, it'd be nice to have a little nest egg to start from, and no one is going to bed sober from a lack of generic items.

Or maybe it would fit the theme better to do the daily charter quests, and give out charter-tradeables?

For familiars, I would like the script to collect daily drops from old content-unlocking IOTM familiars - e.g. agua de vida, absinthe, llama lama gongs, etc. These should be handed out in /newbie as well.

I appreciate that this is probably a bit of a difficult thing to script - but, I am offering a fairly substantial reward. Although I have liquidated my account and given away everything of value, I haven't yet liquidated my clan. I'm offering a piece of clan VIP IOTM equipment in exchange for whoever can write this on-login script for me to generate daily freebies, farm for URs, then hand it all out to the good citizens of newbie. Which furniture you get is negotiable, and I'd certainly consider giving away two pieces if this turns out to be a particularly challenging task.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
The trick to staying on the Colawars battlefield is to delevel mainstat with large amounts of Knob Goblin love potion (11-19 muscle substats each) Knob Goblin steroids (15 moxie substats each). It obviously requires lots of meat to stay there indefinitely (since those items cost 170/250 meat for a tiny delevel) although running a lot of -ML to keep down the experience gains is also good. I'm actually not sure how costly it would be per day to run a net 0 gain of exp for your mainstat while watchin off-stats get higher and higher...

With a pine-cone necklace (-50 ML) you should only get 2-3 substats per combat. That should reduce the costs of maintaining your level, and with enough passive item drop you might break even or turn a tiny profit autoselling drops.

A mayor ghost's sash would be ideal (-10 stat gain) but I notice you don't have one on your cheesecookie snapshot.

If you're going to battlefield farm you really need to commit to it though, you can't really mix and match it with other activities that would boost your stats ( like charter zones ).

Bale

Minion
A mayor ghost's sash would be ideal (-10 stat gain)

That's a really good point if he gets one. The love potion won't reduce myst so he can keep on wearing one due to his much higher off-stats. Just as long as he gets his myst to 100 before freezing stat gains. Can the sash reduce stat gains to 0?

Can the sash reduce stat gains to 0?
I'd assume so, but I haven't tested it.

I don't think I can be bothered to spare the time to write/test this script. I think the thing I'd be most worried about is actually handling when a UR turns up. For obvious reasons its tricky to test if any handling for that is going to work.

Vandire

Okay, so it sounds like battlefield farming for the offchance of giving someone an unexpected CCW is impractical. If we limit the scope of the script to charters and dailies for gifting, does it become more feasible?

Ethelred

A much simpler way to deal with the cola wars battlefied is just don't gain main stats. You are what you eat, drink, stuff into your spleen, and kill. So don't eat, drink, stuff into your spleen, or kill anything that gains main stat. Wear a cola uniform on the battlefield so you don't get the stat increasing non-combats and run away from all combats. A simple diet of insanely spicy bean burritos, fuzzbumps, and agua de vida and some decent rollover gear will generate about 250 turns per day. I typically do this as a myst class so that when the battle with the temporal bandit finally comes, I'll have plenty of muscle and moxie. This strategy has worked well for me and I've managed more than a dozen CCWs spread over several characters. The time variation is tredmendous, ranging from 1 day to well over a year. Averages are pretty meaningless with a probability distribution like this one, but about 6 months would seem to be the average.

I have the whole adventure thing scripted out but, like the tale, it grew in the telling. There's lot of cruft and stuff related to my characters and situation that needs to be cleaned up. Since I now have CCW's for all my chars, I'm not real motivated to do that. Just thought I'd throw out an alternative and proven approach.

Theraze

What I've done before is use eatdrink with a negative prime stat value to find the most efficient delevel nosh items. And the space trip safety headphones are -100 ML and easy to get...

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Also, basic hot dogs can be eaten after complete fullness for serious delevel. Assuming aftercore (no standard/ronin restrictions) it should be no problem to wear gear nice enough to kill monsters even with minimal stats.

Ethelred

Also, basic hot dogs can be eaten after complete fullness for serious delevel. Assuming aftercore (no standard/ronin restrictions) it should be no problem to wear gear nice enough to kill monsters even with minimal stats.

There is a problem trying to use basic hot dogs to delevel all the way down to level 5 from higher levels. Each basic hot dog you eat reduces all stats by 2**(n-1) where n is the number of basic hot dogs consumed past your maximun fullness level. But if that would reduce any stat below zero, you don't feel up to eating that. So, if your off-stats are substantially below your main stat, you won't be able to delevel past a certain point. You can try again the next day, but you'll only be able to use a few, since one of your off-stats is probably still close to zero. So it could take a considerable period of time to get down to level 5 as you keep working up your off-stats to the point that you can shave off a good deal of main stat.

Vandire

So, I guess this was an impractical request. Ah well.

Thanks for the thoughts and comments, everyone.

Would it be more than you're willing to do to have it do everything /except/ the handing out of items? Alternatively, if anyone's willing to volunteer you could simply set Bale's OCD Inventory Manager to automatically kmail the items in question to some other person who would do the random distribution.

ajoshi

So if giving out items isn't allowed, maybe it's reasonable to put them in the mall for min price with a limit of 1? It keeps items in circulation, is allowed by mafia, and gives you a secondary (and tiny) income stream.

The problem with that is they are guaranteed to be picked up by scalpers. The 1/day won't affect it much since Vandire is unlikely to be producing a large amount of any one thing each day.