Bug - Cannot Reproduce Display Case contents inconsistency concerning rocks

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I had a picture but I can't upload it at the moment.

My login script reports items that are in inventory, or can be created from inventory that are not in my display case. It told me "rock". I went to Item Manager, filtered on "rock" and I had 6. I then did Tools->Museum Display and get the General tab. I type "rock" in the top, which shows me things in my inventory that I could transfer and "rock" does not show up although other expected items that contain "rock" do. As expected the other display showed no "rock" in the DC.

I added one rock to the DC via item manager and then filtered the contents of the DC by "rock" and it did not show up as being in the DC. This may be a listener (or lack there of) issue rather than an item issue.

I have seen similar behavior with the various Notes from the Elfpocalypse which seem to have an incorrect reporting of the quantity in the DC under some circumstances.

Theraze

Never say never. I want to say No but why don't you remind me of which filters might apply?

Memento. Junk. There are more possibilities, but those are the two ones that hit the top of my head. Since mine isn't filtered, and I've tested it on multiple characters, that tells me that it's probably not mafia, it's something about your character or installation...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
No rocks on memento/junk/etc. lists.

I suspect operator error on the failure of the DC GUI to update after putting a rock in since I cannot reproduce the error.

Working on a demonstration that is entirely scripted and reproducible but I don't have it yet ;-)