KoL Mafia won't run

CherryJ

Hello I have installed a new OS on my laptop and wanted to set up Mafia.
I'm using Windows 7 64bit so I've installed the newest JRE (jre-8u74-windows-x64.exe) from the oracle.com. After doing it I wanted to run the KoLmafia-17.2.exe but nothing happened.
I've tried reinstalling JRE, installing older version (jre-8u73-windows-x64.exe), installing the 32bit version (jre-8u74-windows-i586.exe) but still nothing happens and I don't know what to do.

Does anybody know where the issue might be and what should I do to fix it?

Theraze

I'd start by trying to use a Jar from the Daily Builds above, rather than the EXE. They're always more up to date and work significantly more reliably.

xKiv

Also, try running it from command line (terminal) to see (and post here) any potential error messages
something like this: java -jar KoLmafia-16674.jar

CherryJ

Okay, I've downloaded the latest jar release and it works (normally opening the file by double clicking), thank you Theraze.

About the command line, I've got is: 'Error: unable to access jarfile KoLmafia-16673.jar'. I was thinking that maybe some other options are needed for running it from the console but I'm not good at this stuff and don't really know :p

Theraze

If the Jar runs normally from double-clicking, just consider that fine. Just download and run the new file whenever you remember or notice something wrong. Or grab one of the auto-updaters and it should keep your mafia up to date automagically.

Regarding your command line problem, that sounds like you just weren't in the right folder. But that's unnecessary to troubleshoot unless you really want to start feeling nostalgic for MS-DOS 6. It had great manuals during beta.