Feature - Implemented Change maximizer weight for Clownosity and Raveosity

Bale

Minion
Currently all modifiers in the maximizer have weights of 1. The maximize keywords Clownosity and Raveosity are a little different from the others in their usage. It would be good if they had the default weights of 4 and 7 respectively.

Reasons for this are, I hope, obvious. 4 Clownosity and 7 Raveosity are pretty much the only weights anyone really wants to use with those terms. There are reasons to use 1 for the weight, but generally when someone leaves off the weight it is because he does not know any better and the results are puzzling to them.

I have trouble finding a down-side to the proposal and I really hope it would not be very difficult to implement.

Theraze

Watch the next PVP season have some bonus for having exactly 1 in those modifiers and make this change negative. :)

Darzil

Developer
Check the code! It only defaults to those values if you don't specify. If having exactly one was good, you can do that!

Theraze

Nifty. Though that makes them weird exceptions, it should reduce how many complaints we have from people who don't read the helpfiles, the on-screen help, the wiki help, and fail to follow the first rule of the bug forum and look for prior reports.

Bale

Minion
Though that makes them weird exceptions

They were exceptions even before this. Read the documentation:

/src/data/maximizer-help.html said:
The only bitmap modifiers that currently appear useful for maximization are Clownosity and Raveosity, so they are allowed as a special case. 4 clownosity, 7 raveosity are the defaults checked for if no weight is given.

Since 100% of the bitmap modifiers allowed by the maximizer have customized defaults you could say that it is normal. I know that thought helps me sleep at night.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am amused. I did maximize clownosity. It found and equipped gear that made it 7 and announced to me that the best score was 4.