NS registration desk

Original

I apologize if this is in the wrong spot. I'm not familiar with this forum and I'm a COMPLETE noob when it comes to KoL Mafia.

I'm looking for a script that will maximize my modifiers (muscle, initiative, spooky, etc.) for registration at the beginning of the level 13 NS quest using whatever gear / items I have on hand. I found the option built into Mafia to maximize those modifiers, but it appears to only change my gear, not use items. Also, it seems to separate elemental resistance / damage whereas the quest considers them together.

I'm not looking for something to adventure for me; I can fight the contestants on my own. I just hate having to look through the wiki every time to find out what I can use to buff my stats. I'm looking for a pre-written script as there is NO chance I can write one myself. It will take me a few minutes just to figure out how to install it anyway!

If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.

-Original

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
If you look at the Modifier Maximizer frame (Tools -> Maximizer), you can enter the same query that you've been using with maximize.

One thing to note -- spooky damage and spooky spell damage (for instance) both contribute to that contest, but they're distinct modifiers.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I found the option built into Mafia to maximize those modifiers, but it appears to only change my gear, not use items.
The Maximizer GUI lists all the effects you can get from items/skills to look through and use manually if you want to. Some things on that list are food/booze and you likely don't want to use those, or maybe you do. If you aren't familiar with something, you can right-click on the entry to view the wiki page.

Also, it seems to separate elemental resistance / damage whereas the quest considers them together.
The tower checks those at different times. You want to maximize for one test, pass it, then maximize for another test. If nothing else, your familiar should be different between the initiative test (Oily Woim) and the resistance tests (Exotic Parrot); mafia doesn't suggest familiars for performance reasons, but that is one reason that you can't do a single maximize and then charge through.

Bale

Minion
I found the option built into Mafia to maximize those modifiers, but it appears to only change my gear, not use items.

It will use items if you select them before clicking the "exec selected" button. You can select multiple items at a time (on a Windows PC) by holding the Ctrl key while clicking.

Zinc Saucier

I would like to dust this topic off too.

I know about the modifier, and before I knew about it I had a bunch of custom outfits made up to mitigate the issue.

For the most part, I have enough equipment to get 80% of the way there. Like 330 initiative which can be tipped over the edge with the oily woim, and casting celerity and springy fuisilli. Nuisances to go to other pages, or make up a mood and then activate or deactivate it.

Even if there's a script or automated bit added to vanilla KoL that just did the initiative trial, since that is 100% guaranteed it'd be great.

Or better, add a text field in the modifier so you can quickly filter by casting or ball pit or some other feature instead of showing skills and items in order of potency.

Theraze

Dust off why? The original request is fully met through the maximizer frame. Your new request is fully met through using and parsing the 6 parameter maximizer ASH command.