New Content - Implemented 2016 Content item of the Year - Batfellow comic

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, I suppose. I notice that Spelunky monsters do not have [] around their stats, either.

I see the following in KoLCharacter.enterLimitMode:

Code:
		KoLCharacter.mindControlLevel = 0;
I don't understand why "mafia thinks [monsters] are [affected by mcd level]"

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
By the way - since I have Manuel, I have no way of testing whether MCD is added in to stats for Batfellow monsters, since I always see the actual stats as displayed by Manuel. That said, I see the following in KoLCharacter:

Code:
	public static final int getMonsterLevelAdjustment()
	{
		if ( KoLCharacter.limitmode == Limitmode.SPELUNKY )
		{
			return 0;
		}

return (int) KoLCharacter.currentModifiers.get( Modifiers.MONSTER_LEVEL ) +
			KoLCharacter.getWaterLevel() * 10;
	}
which tells me we should either add in Limitmode.BATMAN or make a Limitmode.limitMCD.

On the other hand, why is it getting a non-zero MONSTER_LEVEL modifier? A guess: at the end of KoLCharacter.enterLimitMode we should do this:

Code:
		KoLCharacter.recalculateAdjustments();
		KoLCharacter.updateStatus();
to actually apply the changes after we've reset equipment, effects, skills, and so on.

Darzil

Developer
I guess MCD != ML.

I can certainly see adding Batman to that code, as it'll make ML display correctly in the side panel (0), rather than restricting monster stats so they are correct only.

Maybe making Limitmode.limitML and setting it when BATMAN or SPELUNKY.

And the latter bit looks good too.

Edit - I really should try Batman soon.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
KoLCharacter.recalculateAdjustments:
Code:
		newModifiers.add( Modifiers.MONSTER_LEVEL, MCD, "MCD:MCD" );
adds MCD to the Monster Level.

Batfellow is a lot of fun. I've done it 9 times, so, 2 to go before I start with max upgrades, and 11 to go before I perma-unlock it.

I'm in no hurry, since I don't want to compete with people who are trying harder than I to get the tattoo. :)

Also, I heard a rumor that you can't use the Batfellow comic even in aftercore of AWOL. If so, that seems like a bug, but if true, I'm not going to be in non-AWOL aftercore until I have finished all my AWOL runs, so, that will also be a while...

Hellno

Also, I heard a rumor that you can't use the Batfellow comic even in aftercore of AWOL. If so, that seems like a bug, but if true, I'm not going to be in non-AWOL aftercore until I have finished all my AWOL runs, so, that will also be a while...

It's true and very annoying. I have 8 comics to go which I was planning to space out over a few days, but now i need to ascend in a different path just to finish my 20.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 16739 adds limitMCD and also calls recalculateAdjustments, as mentioned, so the compact sidepane should be correct.

Erich

If these preferences already exist, forgive me. Otherwise, 2 requests:

Tracking for the replica bat-oomerang free kills (3x per day)

Tracking for Fire The Jokester's Gun skill, free kill (1x per day)

I can copy/paste use text after rollover, my uses are already burnt up for the day. Thank you kindly!

Darzil

Developer
Currently recorded by _usedReplicaBatoomerang for the bat-oomerang, the Jokester's Gun firing added in r16986 in _firedJokestersGun.

What else have we got to do here ?

Bale

Minion
I'm gonna mark this implemented. If there's anything else it can get its own feature request.