New Content - Implemented 2016 Content item of the Year - Batfellow comic

Yendor

Skills and an effect:

<option value="7265" picurl="sixshooter" >Fire the Jokester's Gun (0 Mojo Points)</option>
<option value="7266" picurl="jokerwig" >Adjust the Jokester's Wig (0 Mojo Points)</option>
<option value="7267" picurl="tuxpants" >Adjust the Jokester's Pants (0 Mojo Points)</option>

--------------------
2048 Behind the Green Curtain jokerwig.gif 3237f73fe0b1ea3edab83baf14de258f
Effect Behind the Green Curtain Spooky Resistance: +9
--------------------

The first two appear to be once a day, and the third is once a combat.

I believe these are all the in-game skills:
7255 Bat-Punch
7256 Bat-Kick
7257 Bat-oomerang
7258 Bat-Jute
7259 Bat-o-mite
7260 Ultracoagulator
7261 Kickball
7262 Bat-Glue
7263 Bat-Bearing
7264 Use Bat-Aid

Bale

Minion
I understand that a lot of the fixes required to support this item are rough, but could the items at least be added soon so that I can run a comparative mall search for reward prices? I'd be quite appreciative.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
r16641 adds most of the effects and tradeable items that weren't already in Mafia; r16642 adds the skills and one more effect.

I'll add the items from in-game, I guess.

Erich

Among other things, this still needs the snarfblats and monster tracking.

In case you didn't have them already:

461 = Center Park After Dark
462 = The Mean Streets
463 = Warehouse Row
464 = Gotpork Conservatory of Flowers
465 = Gotpork Municipal Reservoir
466 = Gotpork Gardens Cemetery
467 = Gotpork City Sewers
468 = Porkham Asylum
469 = The Old Gotpork Library
470 = Gotpork Clock, Inc.
471 = Gotpork Foundry
472 = Trivial Pursuits, LLC
473 = JokesterCo

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We need that. I just spent my 1st Mr. Buck and looked (some of) the new content. Looks fun.

I'd like the logging to be better - and the Batfellow items to be removed when you exit that limitmode, just as as we do for Splunky,

Seems like known technology, thanks to Darzil. :)

Bale

Minion
Got a new un-tradeable item to be added. :D

Code:
--------------------
8829	replica bat-oomerang	619353451	batarang.gif	none, combat		0
# Item replica bat-oomerang: Instantly kill a foe (up to 3x per day)
# Item replica bat-oomerang: (does not go away when used)
--------------------

In case anyone is curious, I've only played 6 times. I expect to get my third Jokester factoid on my next play. Haven't played enough to acquire max starting skills. Jick really shot himself in the foot since I'm not likely to spend a whole Mr. Accessory unless he gives us a permanent unlock. Which is a shame since it's pretty amazing, but the cost/benefit just looks bad to me. Would play this once a week (and enjoy it) if I had a free play once a week.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 16644 adds the adventuring area and puts in the barest skeleton of a new module to deal with this.

It will take a while before we figure out how to log it right, but I am thinking something like we do for Spelunky, where log the time left in {} rather than the adventure number in []. Unlike Spelunky, it looks like all the adventure zones are real snarfblats, rather than being whichplace=xxx&action=yyy.

And all those shops which trade in items which exist only in the minigame for other items which exist only in the minigame.

We should be able to add the monsters now, at least, since we have the zones in which to place them.

There is a ton more of work to do.

Darzil

Developer
We need that. I just spent my 1st Mr. Buck and looked (some of) the new content. Looks fun.

I'd like the logging to be better - and the Batfellow items to be removed when you exit that limitmode, just as as we do for Splunky,

Seems like known technology, thanks to Darzil. :)

Yeah, I'm hoping all the work I put on to make the Spelunky limitmode handling more generic makes implementing this a lot easier than that was (even if it may not be me doing it, as time is a little limited for me at present).

Xande1

I see that the bat-oomerang was already listed in another post, but here's another leaderboard reward:

Code:
Unknown item found: battoo kit (8830, 623721699)
--------------------
8830 battoo kit 623721699 battookit.gif usable 0
# Item battoo kit: Unlocks a sweet Batfellow tattoo
--------------------

Last edited:

Erich

The comic only gets used up if at least 1 boss is defeated, giving you a free one if you run out of time or voluntarily eject. You can get up to 3 free replays per day, and after that the comic is used up regardless of your progress or lack thereof. I think this should should be tracked. When you fail, you get the message:

That issue was pretty disappointing. Batfellow didn't even defeat a single villain! You write a letter to the publisher to complain, and they send you back a free comic! Hooray!
You acquire an item: Batfellow comic

On your third failure, its appended:

(the publisher includes a note informing you that you can't get any more free issues today after this one. It seems they think you're abusing their good will...)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I thought spelunky had snarfblats 424-436, which is reflected in adventures.txt.
Yes. It's been a while since I looked at it, so I didn't recall how we logged those snarfblats. Answer: hardcoding in KoLAdventure when limitmode = LimitMode.SPELUNKY.

I'll do the same thing for Batfellow. Is the limitmode actually "batman"?

Bale

Minion
The following item still hasn't been added to code:

Code:
--------------------
8829	replica bat-oomerang	619353451	batarang.gif	none, combat		0
# Item replica bat-oomerang: Instantly kill a foe (up to 3x per day)
# Item replica bat-oomerang: (does not go away when used)
--------------------

Erich

Jick really shot himself in the foot since I'm not likely to spend a whole Mr. Accessory unless he gives us a permanent unlock. Which is a shame since it's pretty amazing, but the cost/benefit just looks bad to me. Would play this once a week (and enjoy it) if I had a free play once a week.

Good news:

http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showpost.php?p=4819647&postcount=424

I'm like 14 or 15 plays in, so I might do another 5$ worth of runs to get the new item today or tomorrow. If folks here don't have it at that point I'll post relevant info.

Cool12309

Looks like there's a new item that people have been begging for: a 1/week free comic if you use (play?) 20 comics. I can't remember the command for generating the new item code, so the descid is 608798216.