New Content - Implemented 2016 Familiar of the Year

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I stand corrected! Last post has the relevant summary, I guess --
Familiar: Badger_badge (327 datapoints) most likely (0.35, 0.25, 0.2, 0.15, 0.1) with multiple of 0.05 base rates and +0.05 per missed drop
Familiar: Collective (304 datapoints) most likely (0.25, 0.2, 0.15, 0.1, 0.05) with multiple of 0.05 base rates and +0.05 per missed drop
Familiar: Groose (327 datapoints) most likely (0.25, 0.2, 0.15, 0.15, 0.05) with multiple of 0.05 base rates and +0.05 per missed drop
Familiar: Kloop (327 datapoints) most likely (0.25, 0.2, 0.15, 0.1, 0.05) with multiple of 0.05 base rates and +0.05 per missed drop
Familiar: Lama_motorcycle (605 datapoints) most likely (0.25, 0.2, 0.15, 0.1, 0.1) with multiple of 0.05 base rates and +0.05 per missed drop
Familiar: Pixie (604 datapoints) most likely (0.2, 0.15, 0.1, 0.05, 0.05) with multiple of 0.05 base rates and +0.05 per missed drop
Familiar: Program (630 datapoints) most likely (0.25, 0.2, 0.15, 0.1, 0.05) with multiple of 0.05 base rates and +0.05 per missed drop
Familiar: Sandworm (620 datapoints) most likely (0.2, 0.15, 0.1, 0.05, 0.05) with multiple of 0.05 base rates and +0.05 per missed drop
Familiar: Xenomorph (572 datapoints) most likely (0.25, 0.2, 0.15, 0.1, 0.05) with multiple of 0.05 base rates and +0.05 per missed drop

Xande1

Since it's still outstanding, I'll mention that the robin still needs to be added to the "special drops" familiar submenu. (Although I've gotten better about not forgetting it.)

T_E

Hello,
I've been running my robin almost constantly over the past few days- it looks like there is a charges counter for egg drops in mafia but the counter does not advance from 0/30. I've definitely received robin's eggs during my adventuring so I figured I'd post and let you know. =)
(running r16857 at the moment).

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
but... I don't wanna buy a robin! you can't make me!

I have no idea why it's not updating. Does "get robinProgress" return a non-zero value?

Special drops menu iirc is for familiars that have limited drops / day. As is, it's not meaningful to track the total number of, say, yellow pixels that have dropped today. At some point, it might make sense to add improved tracking (e.g. combats since last drop, drop rate as a function of combats since last drop).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Works for me; it tells me I am 0/30 of the way to the next egg, increments up to 30/30, at which point the egg drops and the counter goes back to 0/30.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
From what I can tell, having a robin's egg means that the text is found on the page, so it will keep being set to 0 at that point. I put together a fix for that, but then it didn't reset to 0 when the egg actually dropped, so I'm working on figuring that out now.

Edit: Found my stupid mistake.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Easiest is just set it to 0 in ResultProcessor, with an if ( combatResults ) check. That way it'll still work if text munging is present.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Fixed in 16859.

Easiest is just set it to 0 in ResultProcessor, with an if ( combatResults ) check. That way it'll still work if text munging is present.

What I needed to check for is whether it actually needed to be set to -1 there because of the order things are processed in, and that turns out to be the case. I feel like I did that with something else a long time ago, but that code must have been changed at some point.

Darzil

Developer
I've certainly done stuff a bit like that for quest checking, where you are looking to see if you've had X drops, you check in result processor for X-1 drops instead.

This is all a bit odd, because I'd been using the robin egg tracking in my recent ascensions and it was working perfectly.

I guess its possible I was just using the eggs fast enough to not notice.

Darzil

Developer
I've only used it for 5 adventures an ascension, so didn't notice. A 4 adventure per unit consumable from 30 adventures isn't as good as (Ms) Puck Man's 5 adventure per unit from 10 adventures.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I use it for item drop and +stats. By the time I get to the filthworms, it's max weight.
Not that I am anything close to optimal. I like quality of life ascending.

Darzil

Developer
Strikes me it'll be great when I get around to doing 100% runs again. Always like flexible familiars.