Bug - Fixed Training scrolls not findable in mall, because they actually have TWO spaces colon.

xKiv

Searching the mall for full names of snojo's training scrolls (according to mafia) doesn't find them.

In vanilla kol:
Searching for "training scroll:" (without the quotes) finds them.
Searching for "shattering punch", "shivering monkey technique" or "snokebomb" finds them.
Searching for ": s" doesn't find them, but it finds all the other things I would expect it to find.

But, searching for ": s" (with two spaces) finds them.

These items have two spaces in their names, but mafia searches for them with only one space, presumably because that's what items.txt says.

Is this:
a) kol bug (misrepresenting item's name somewhere)?
b) different kol bug (web-friendly text apps should not force users to always check spaces between words, considering that copy+paste from rendered page only copies *one* space)
c) mafia bug in item name detection (assuming that the name was correctly copied from session log all the way through to datafiles)?
d) mafia bug, but only in datafiles?
e) complicated, because mafia can't easily support items with doublespaces in names?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
KoL is consistent, if you look at the item name in description. I'm going to go with (d). See r16627.

I'm having an issue that I think is related to this original bug, so please forgive me if it's not and this ends up needing to be moved elsewhere.

In r16634 (after heeheehee's change in r16627), when I use this:
Code:
$item[training scroll: Shattering Punch]
(with one space after the colon), Mafia tells me "Changing "training scroll: Shattering Punch" to "training scroll: Shattering Punch" would get rid of this message ()".

To my eyes, those two names look identical, but I assumed this was a one space/two spaces issue, with the second space being stripped when the warning is output.

However, when I use this:
Code:
$item[training scroll:  Shattering Punch]
(with two spaces after the colon), I get the same warning. What am I misunderstanding?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Seems okay in a script, seems not okay in gCLI. Easiest way to use it in the gCLI is to escape the second space with a backslash (\).