Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Manuel Progress (the relay version)

Good idea, i'll take a look, got some of this figured out from the the crimbo15 script, will look for the next release
    Originally Posted by matt.chugg View Post
    Ah ok, cause the crimbo '15 quest conflicts a bit with manuel lists. For example, I got a +1 from a X-32-F Combat Training Snowman, but it has no factoids (as of yet). Also, certain monsters have factoids, but you couldn't get them for crimbo, like anything in Spelunky, the DB and AT final nemesis form, and Wu-Tang.

Ah ok, cause the crimbo '15 quest conflicts a bit with manuel lists. For example, I got a +1 from a X-32-F Combat Training Snowman, but it has no factoids (as of yet). Also, certain monsters have factoids, but you couldn't get them for crimbo, like anything in Spelunky, the DB and AT final nemesis form, and Wu-Tang.
    Originally Posted by Erich View Post
    Fair enough,will make sure I investigate the other scripts too

Frequency rates added. SVN update.

2.png

Now that I have this added i'll start on the configuration ability.

I think to start with there should be the following options:

Automatically refresh all manuel pages: dropdown("On first run per day","On first run per session","always","never"); (default, never)
    Don't show 100% completed zones/locations
    Ignore UR monsters when determining completness of a zone/location

i'll also look at the other scripts for monsters that should be always ignored because they are impossible to get, or becuase they just don't have factoids.

I like the text added to the frequency ('normal", "one time/boss", etc.) Thank you.

I am not sure just how much efficiency is possible for manual hits. If I had to work with the current state I would refresh all pages at the start of a session and then use mafia's knowledge of what just happened to decide whether it effected Manual status or not. I think I would need an after adventure/battle script to do that in coordination with the main script. That approach might not pass my personal cost/benefit analysis.

If I were going to do it right I would probably let mafia manage things. That means mafia would have to have an internal model of the state of the Manual and then update that state in response to events. That might be worth doing, especially if there was some evidence that mafia caused hits on the Manual were significant or noticeable.

In the short term, as a player I want the ability to refresh everything, so I can decide correct information is more valuable than saving server hits and the ability to refresh a single zone. Based on my use of similar scripts I would refresh all and then enter a loop. The loop manually picks an area that is promising for factoids and adventures there. If the adventures were manually done and I was paying attention I can decide to pick the next area without any kind of refresh. Otherwise I would manually refresh that area and then start the loop again, by picking an area.

I'm sure I could automate that process but I am not sure how I would detect a factoid was obtained without parsing results myself and not sure it is worth doing when factoids are a tertiary goal and thus only get a handfull of adventures per day, if at all.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

I like the text added to the frequency ('normal", "one time/boss", etc.) Thank you.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    Welcome!

I am not sure just how much efficiency is possible for manual hits. If I had to work with the current state I would refresh all pages at the start of a session and then use mafia's knowledge of what just happened to decide whether it effected Manual status or not. I think I would need an after adventure/battle script to do that in coordination with the main script. That approach might not pass my personal cost/benefit analysis.
    Perhaps you are right, and i'm being too picky, but one of the issues I had with the CLI version was the constand need to re-run the script becaus it got pushed off as the CLI, then I took to copying and pasting the cli out and working from notepad. hence the relay script, was supposed to be purly informational, but I can see the scope for automated adventuring.

If I were going to do it right I would probably let mafia manage things. That means mafia would have to have an internal model of the state of the Manual and then update that state in response to events. That might be worth doing, especially if there was some evidence that mafia caused hits on the Manual were significant or noticeable.
    I suppose the only accurate way to get factoids is to hit the pages, but what if mafia had 2 proxy values one for monster.manuel_factoids (the value detected by hitting the questlog) AND monster.session_factoids (for when mafia sees a factoid in adventure result) I think mafia would only have to look for the manuel image, and increment this value, since you can only see a factoid if you havn't got all three, they are never re-shown.

Then the script could hit the manuel on all pages on first run per session, and then wouldn't need to again for the duration of the session. it's also possible, that since you can't lose a factoid, that assuming everything is done in mafia this data could be maintained through sessions.

In the short term, as a player I want the ability to refresh everything, so I can decide correct information is more valuable than saving server hits and the ability to refresh a single zone. Based on my use of similar scripts I would refresh all and then enter a loop. The loop manually picks an area that is promising for factoids and adventures there. If the adventures were manually done and I was paying attention I can decide to pick the next area without any kind of refresh. Otherwise I would manually refresh that area and then start the loop again, by picking an area.
    Once I add can_adv and some hide show options, having an option to refresh all on load or not, would suit your requirments? this setting would be maintained so you'd only need to set it once to work how you would like it.

I'm sure I could automate that process but I am not sure how I would detect a factoid was obtained without parsing results myself and not sure it is worth doing when factoids are a tertiary goal and thus only get a handfull of adventures per day, if at all.
    As above, I think you only need to see the image, but also as above, detecting in AdventureResult in mafia might be better

"having an option to refresh all on load or not" would work AFAIK.

My workaround for the scrolling problem is

Code:
    cli_execute("mirror start");
    print(my_name() + " at " + today_to_string() + " " + time_to_string());
    cli_execute("call missingManuel.ash");
    print("* * * * *");
    cli_execute("mirror stop");
    The results are appended to a file, start.txt in my mafia directory and I drag it to a browser window because that is marginally more convenient than a text editor during run for me. I put the character name, time and asterisks because the file appends and sometimes I want that and the values help me compare if I want to. missingManuel hits every page, every time.

You can see why your script is such a convenient replacement.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

Had a look at other scripts and the wiki,

I've removed UR monsters, they never have factoids, so totally irelevant to this.

I've also hidden all removed areas. For the completioinist who wants to see these areas included in the list, set mskc_mp_show_removed_areas = false (i'll build a config page for settings later, lets get the functionailty right!)

SVN update

"having an option to refresh all on load or not" would work AFAIK.

My workaround for the scrolling problem is

Code:
    cli_execute("mirror start");
    print(my_name() + " at " + today_to_string() + " " + time_to_string());
    cli_execute("call missingManuel.ash");
    print("* * * * *");
    cli_execute("mirror stop");
    The results are appended to a file, start.txt in my mafia directory and I drag it to a browser window because that is marginally more convenient than a text editor during run for me. I put the character name, time and asterisks because the file appends and sometimes I want that and the values help me compare if I want to. missingManuel hits every page, every time.

You can see why your script is such a convenient replacement.
    have you clicked on the arrow in the little box in the top right of the header, perhaps i'll change that, but it opens it in a new tab for you so you can carry on adverntuing in the kol frame, but view the list outside

Developer

I suppose the only accurate way to get factoids is to hit the pages, but what if mafia had 2 proxy values one for monster.manuel_factoids (the value detected by hitting the questlog) AND monster.session_factoids (for when mafia sees a factoid in adventure result) I think mafia would only have to look for the manuel image, and increment this value, since you can only see a factoid if you havn't got all three, they are never re-shown.

Then the script could hit the manuel on all pages on first run per session, and then wouldn't need to again for the duration of the session. it's also possible, that since you can't lose a factoid, that assuming everything is done in mafia this data could be maintained through sessions.

Once I add can_adv and some hide show options, having an option to refresh all on load or not, would suit your requirments? this setting would be maintained so you'd only need to set it once to work how you would like it.

As above, I think you only need to see the image, but also as above, detecting in AdventureResult in mafia might be better
    Originally Posted by matt.chugg View Post
    From FightRequest.java:
    Code:
    			if ( responseText.contains( "monstermanuel.gif" ) )
    			{
    				GoalManager.updateProgress( GoalManager.GOAL_FACTOID );
    				MonsterManuelManager.reset( monster );
    			}
    where MMM.reset(monster) removes the cache entry. My concern with changing this to increment the number of known factoids for the monster is that it might either lead to unnecessary server hits (from checking Manuel after each new factoid), or incorrect tracking (if invoked before fetching the corresponding Manuel page).

hmm, I didn't realise that would reset the cache, I'll do some more thorough testing of that tomorrow.

in the mean time, I've added 2 more settings, manually control for now in the CLI but should be useful.

Hide completed areas, eg no more factoids to find (locations and zones)
    Code:
    set mskc_mp_hide_completed_areas = true
    Hide areas that are nearly completed (eg 100% apart from one-time/boss monsters)
    Code:
    set mskc_mp_hide_nearly_completed_areas = true
    Last edited by matt.chugg; 01-12-2016 at 09:56 AM.