Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Manuel Progress (the relay version)

Default Manuel Progress (the relay version)

What is it?

This relay script provides a visual representation of KoLmafia's knowledge of your Monster Manuel Factoids.

Features

It will provide a list of zones, locations and monsters, and indicate whether you have none, some or all of the relevant factoids.
    Allow you to refresh a single location, single zone, or all (hit only the relevant pages of the Manuel to update)

Notes
    Mafia tracks your factoids, but doesn't ever visit the Manuel, so if you haven't visited that section of the quest log, Mafia will report (and therefore the script will also report) zero factiods. Clicking refresh all will cause the script to hit every page, and therefore the internal data to update and therefore the script.

The above may sound clumsy, but consider you have already run and been working on your Manuel progress, this allows to re-open the script/tab without causing server hits.

When choosing what pages to hit on a zone/location refresh, this will ignore complete monsters, even if the page is relevant to other zones you haven't yet refreshed.

Mafia will display in the CLI what pages are being hit.

There may be bugs, it is a first release, i'll add features based on requests.

Ignores UR monsters as they do not have factoids

Ignores removed areas, if you fax/photocopy you can bring back removed areas by setting
    Code:
    set mskc_mp_show_removed_areas = true
    Installation and Usage

In the CLI :

In the relay dropdown choose Manuel Progress. (there's a button to have the script pop out into a new tab too!)

Requires Form of HTML..

Screenies

1.png

SETTINGS

Show removed/old areas, hidden by default

Code:
    set mskc_mp_show_removed_areas = true
    hide areas with no more factoids to find (100% complete)

Code:
    set mskc_mp_hide_completed_areas = true
    Hide areas that are nearly completed (apart from one-time/boss monsters/semi-rare)

Code:
    set mskc_mp_hide_nearly_completed_areas = true
    Last edited by matt.chugg; 01-16-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Nice. Thank you.

For me it supplements a version of Missing Manuel with local edits. To replace it (hint, hint) I would want:

• The frequency of appearance of each monster (for the zone it is being displayed in) displayed with the monster name.
    • The ability to not display a zone if all monsters in it have been dealt with
    • An indication of the availability of the area.

For the first just appending the value of appearance_rates would suffice. For the latter just appending Available or Unavailable according to canadv would be fine. Sometimes I would want to suppress unavailable areas but sometimes not.

Thanks again.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

All of those are useful suggestions, 2 of those three are in the TODO list, which may also be in SVN so might be visible, Will add the appearance rate as it is pure data and good suggestion

I plan to add filters as I did with crimbo15 but with further ajax to save filter selection filter choice between loads

Glad you like it, rest assured, your suggestions are in hand!

Thanks for the script! I always appreciate a good relay script.

Suggestion: If you look at Turing's MissingManuel script, it has a nice list of blocked monsters, extra monsters, and extra areas. Incorporating those would get rid of things like Ultra Rares, old uncopyable monsters with no factoids (like most of Crimbo10), and one offs like the Spirit Bell. It'll also add monsters like the Trophy Fish, Lynyrd, Tomb Rat King, and areas like Bugbear Invasion and Heavy Rains that have a bunch of monsters.

Cheers!

I'm not so sure that never checking Manuel is a good idea. I approve of not needing to check it every single time, but those are not the only two options. You could change it so that it checks Manuel once when first used by a given character, then never again. Or once per ascension. Or once per day.

Or even have that be a configurable variable.

Or even have that be a configurable variable.
    Originally Posted by Laserrobotics View Post
    I think what I need is a mafia setting that says whether the specific page of the Manuel has been viewed at any point during the session. then I can add a config setting to the relay script to hit up any unviewed pages for that session.

I'll take a look at the internals of all the quest tracker stuff, and see if theres scope for a feature request to be added

Thanks for the script! I always appreciate a good relay script.

Suggestion: If you look at Turing's MissingManuel script, it has a nice list of blocked monsters, extra monsters, and extra areas. Incorporating those would get rid of things like Ultra Rares, old uncopyable monsters with no factoids (like most of Crimbo10), and one offs like the Spirit Bell. It'll also add monsters like the Trophy Fish, Lynyrd, Tomb Rat King, and areas like Bugbear Invasion and Heavy Rains that have a bunch of monsters.

Cheers!
    Originally Posted by Erich View Post
    Good idea, i'll take a look, got some of this figured out from the the crimbo15 script, will look for the next release

I think what I need is a mafia setting that says whether the specific page of the Manuel has been viewed at any point during the session. then I can add a config setting to the relay script to hit up any unviewed pages for that session.
    Originally Posted by matt.chugg View Post

I'm a little confused. If mafia looks at a manual page, I adventure in an area associated with that page and find a factoid, isn't it true that mafia will not know about that the page has a new factoid until I look at the manual page again? So the view status of a page is no guarantee that the information is accurate. Correct?
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    I agree with frono.
    There are 69 players more powerful than you.
    Originally Posted by Statistics Leaderboards

I'm a little confused. If mafia looks at a manual page, I adventure in an area associated with that page and find a factoid, isn't it true that mafia will not know about that the page has a new factoid until I look at the manual page again? So the view status of a page is no guarantee that the information is accurate. Correct?
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I actually dont know, does AdventureResult increment the factoid count? Or does mafia rely on a visit to the quest log?

I think the best all round solution is to have annoptions screen, and allow people the option to force a refresh when run every time, for the first time a day, or only manual refresh? From what is said above tracing whether a page has been hit in a session isn't actually useful information