Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New lightweight Volcano Mining Script! No Object detection! ~3.45K/turn.

*At least* 2. There's no guarantee that each row will have at most one.
    The choice should be dynamic for each mine (and I expect that it won't probably even be necessary for most mines - if you find the gold in first two rows, or there's no sparkly path from 3rd row to 1st row)
    Originally Posted by xKiv View Post
    Oh. Yes, I see.

This will be advantageous with all or all but one of the collapses/crystals encountered.
    The edge is small, but any edge is important. I'll add this to the Github to-do list.

Code:
    Resetting mine.

[17564] The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining)

Mining at square (2, 6)

You acquire an item: New Age healing crystal

[17565] The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining)
    Mining at square (4, 6)

[17565] The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining)
    You lose 28 hit points

[17566] The Velvet / Gold Mine (Mining)
    No more sparklies here.
    Resetting mine.
    Why does my CLI look like I am visiting the mine at 17564 3 times, and at 17565 3 times?
    does not the visit_url called at start of refresh() return almost the same thing as the visit_url called at the end of (the preceding) mineReset()? (the only difference should be the message about resetting the mine)

Also, if I am looking at the source correctly, mineLayout6 is not very useful. It seems to only list squares that have been already explored (mined out). It doesn't seem to have anything about promising squares.

It does visit_url for POST when it actually mines out a square using mineAtSpot. I think that's 17564? And then it's automatically forwarded to the mine page, which is 17565, where Mafia outputs the result and extract_items(result) kicks in.

I'll try to see if I can actually take out the visit_url in refresh(). I suspect that the POST request returns a valid mine-view too. That should cut down the number of visits (manual and automatic) by 1.

Thank you so much for your help!

Update added. I'll be watching it carefully post-rollover to test for less-than-optimal results.

It works! The bloody thing works!

One less visit_url in the mix It shows, too--Now we're running hot, at 750ms/adventure again. Thanks, xKiv! Couldn't have spotted it without you.

1.379 million meat today. Yeah, that's right! I got optimal.

Next steps will be to migrate some utilities over to the new Mining Utilities suite I created, and do cross-importing. Hopeful deadline: 1wk.

After that, I'll be experimenting with OD-support/OD-active modes, and dynamic-gain mining into velvet zone squares on a different branch. When that gets pushed in, I'll force up a log reset through version checkout by adding a new field into pjbminer_data.txt.

For those of you with salaried multies, I'll hopefully figure out how to do version-locked user-by-user things soon. Even if it requires hardcoding the algorithm version number.

New build!

-eliteaccordion

=== Report: Results this Session ===

Obtained 70 1,970 carat golds in 397 turns.
    Total session gold value: 1379000 meat
    Average session value: 3473 meat/adventure
    Runtime: 297.0 secs, or 750ms/adv at 4643 meat/second

=== Version Lifetime (data/pjbminer_data.txt) ===

Obtained 247 gold pieces for 4865900 meat.
    Used 1506 secs to spend 1363 adventures.
    Average gain: 3569 meat / adv
    Last edited by professorjellybean; 01-11-2016 at 03:58 AM.

Couple Quick Questions:
    How does this script handle the drills? Next do your numbers include cost of drills?

I ask because farming BARF with +meat gear, hobo monkey, and buffs, I make 3000-3200 mpa after all expenses (including consumption), not including any mall sales. So it is hard for me to compare the two farming methods until I know if you are subtracting expenses.

How does this script handle the drills?
    Originally Posted by johngnash View Post
    You need to equip 1 drill to go into the mine. None are consumed.

Couple Quick Questions:
    How does this script handle the drills? Next do your numbers include cost of drills?

I ask because farming BARF with +meat gear, hobo monkey, and buffs, I make 3000-3200 mpa after all expenses (including consumption), not including any mall sales. So it is hard for me to compare the two farming methods until I know if you are subtracting expenses.
    Originally Posted by johngnash View Post
    Script handling for drills:
    If you unequip the drill mid-run, it re-equips it.
    If you don't have a drill but have the parts for the drill, the script makes it.
    The script doesn't buy drills, but if drills start breaking, it might, I'll have to see. In that case, I will include that cost in the report.

The drill currently doesn't break (or if it does, not at any significant rate). It's also pretty cheap for a 1-time investment.

Currently, this volcano script makes 3.45K mpa, based off of my personal logging.
    This does not include expenses for diet and one-day tickets, if you're using those. I assume you're not factoring those into your Barf cost either, since those are person-to-person and your diet should vary based on your MPA. Currently, 1.39K is the price for one-day tickets, which I consider insignificant. The price is actually 139K, which is not insignificant. Thanks xKiv, for catching my dumb.
    Last edited by professorjellybean; 01-15-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Pushed update:

Thanks to UncleHoboCrimbo for telling me that you CAN in fact mine while beaten up. A new update has been pushed to account for this.
    If you want to maximize MPA now:
    1. Clear your logs, if your character is squishy.
    2. Turn off your Autorecovery script, or at least prevent it from spending adventures while you mine.
    3. Take some sort of HP regen while you mine, so you have hp > 0. I don't think 0HP can mine.
    4. SVN update.

Let me know if something goes wrong.

SCurrently, 1.39K is the price for one-day tickets, which I consider insignificant.
    Originally Posted by professorjellybean View Post
    ?
    Don't they cost 100 times that? (which would make ~330 mpa difference?)