I broke chat_clan() somehow

r16569.

I've been playing around with variations on a simple chatbot script, just trying to explore possibilities. For instance, I was hoping to get it to watch for ascension announcements and brick people in response, or watch for my name in chat and respond in some way.

With respect to sending messages, chat_clan() appeared to work earlier today. I was able to get it to post at least two or three messages. But now it seems to do nothing. I can successfully post to chat via the relay browser or via the Loathing Chat GUI pane. But when I try, for instance:
chat_clan("Test");
... nothing seems to happen. At first I thought I might not be seeing my own chat entries for some reason, but I've asked other people in /clan, and I don't believe they're seeing my messages, either. Since chat_clan() is type void, I'm not even sure whether Mafia thinks something's happening or not. I suspect that I screwed up a preference somewhere that's getting in the way?

Restarting Mafia doesn't seem to change anything. A debug log doesn't provide much:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
KoLmafia v17.2 r16569, Windows 7, Java 1.8.0_66
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread of KoL's
Gameplay-Discussion forum. If you would like the KoLmafia dev team
to look at it, please write a bug report at kolmafia.us. Include
specific information about what you were doing when you made this
and include this log as an attachment.
Timestamp: Mon Dec 28 16:10:58 MST 2015

> ash chat_clan("Test");

Returned: void

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You have to turn on the "log chat-related requests" setting in order for the DEBUG log to show chat stuff.