Bug - Fixed Mafia made a second set of Jeans of Loathing

AlbinoRhino

I appear to keep getting this message whenever one of my scripts changes to an outfit with the mentioned gear.

Putting on outfit: BackupLast
*** slot weapon: KoL has garbage sticker but KoLmafia has scratch 'n' sniff sword
*** slot off-hand: KoL has scratch 'n' sniff sword but KoLmafia has garbage sticker
Equipment changed.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When you can dual wield, either weapon can go in either slot.
You saved an outfit with weapon X in main hand and weapon Y in offhand.
When you don that outfit, KoL chooses to put them in the other slots.
No harm done, since both weapons are still wielded and none is "lost".
When we update from api.php, it corrects.

There's another bug report somewhere about this specific issue. We have a heuristic to try and guess which item went where, since KoL doesn't actually tell you; it just says "Equipped: X" and "Equipped: Y".

Until/unless we fix our heuristic to get the weapon order right, always, these messages will aggravate you.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm not sure if this is related, but thought I would mention it. I have noticed before that when my rollover script equips the disembodied hand with a time sword, and then the hand gets placed back into the terrarium, mafia thinks I have 1 less time sword unless I go into the terrarium and unequip the sword. So it appears there is the potential for hats, pants and weapons to "disappear" into the terrarium.
What do you mean "thinks you have 1 less"? available_amount() is not finding it on the familiar?

Supposedly, we look at all familiars.

AlbinoRhino

I see. This is an artifact of my ancient script which finds things for me. In fact, I didn't use available_amount, but things like item_amount + equipped_ amount and such. And I have no logic for examining the terrarium. All my fault. Sorry.

Magus_Prime

With r17751 I adventured in the Gingerbread City, until collapse, with the Chocolate Lab. The familiar was equipped with the candy dog collar.

I then switched outfits, via the Gear Changer pane. No problem so far. I then switched to the Intergnat, via the familiar switcher on the right side of the main interface, and KoLmafia auto-equipped the Snow Suit. Still fine.

I ran one combat in An Eldritch Fissure, via the relay browser. At the end of the combat. The BBB battle script fired, augmented by Bale's ghost hunting procedure, and switched to no familiar before automating a combat in the Cobb's Knob Treasury.

Immediately after putting the Intergnat back in the terrarium the gCLI reported:

Code:
*** slot familiar: KoL has Snow Suit but KoLmafia has (none)

After the ghost-busting combat the Intergnat was pulled from the terrarium without incident. Here's the whole sequence, if it helps:

Code:
custom outfit Misc-Drop

equip weapon Brimstone Bludgeon

familiar Intergnat (30 lbs)

equip familiar Snow Suit

[4747] An Eldritch Fissure
Encounter: Eldritch Tentacle named Sssssblrgblrggl NAMED NEIL
Round 0: Arbos wins initiative!
Round 1: Arbos executes a macro!
Round 1: Arbos attacks!
Round 2: Eldritch Tentacle takes 74 damage.
Round 2: Isabella says, "As Neil Diamond once said, 'When you're on a merry-go-round, you miss a lot of the scenery,'" and beats your opponent with outrageous merriness for 24 damage.
Round 2: Eldritch Tentacle takes 24 damage.
Round 2: You lose 21 hit points
Round 2: Arbos attacks!
Round 3: Eldritch Tentacle takes 74 damage.
Round 3: Isabella says, "As Neal Stephenson once said, 'The difference between stupid and intelligent people -- and this is true whether or not they are well-educated -- is that intelligent people can handle subtlety,'" and beats your opponent with outrageous subtlety for 17 damage.
Round 3: Eldritch Tentacle takes 17 damage.
Round 3: You lose 21 hit points
Round 3: Arbos attacks!
Round 4: Eldritch Tentacle takes 74 damage.
Round 4: Isabella says, "As Neil Young once said, 'It's better to burn out, than to fade away,'" and beats your opponent with outrageous burning for 13 damage.
Round 4: Eldritch Tentacle takes 13 damage.
Round 4: You lose 9 hit points
Round 4: Arbos attacks!
Round 5: Eldritch Tentacle takes 74 damage.
Round 5: Isabella says, "As Neal Stephenson once said, 'The difference between stupid and intelligent people -- and this is true whether or not they are well-educated -- is that intelligent people can handle subtlety,'" and beats your opponent with outrageous subtlety for 14 damage.
Round 5: Eldritch Tentacle takes 14 damage.
Round 5: Arbos wins the fight!
After Battle: You think about the first night of KoL Con V, when PunkBeast the Sauced taught you to play that really complicated board game.
After Battle: You gain 7 Mysteriousness
After Battle: Isabella sees some extra stuff through the snow suit's coal eyes and points it out to you.
After Battle: Isabella finds a leek somewhere and sings a polka while twirling it around.
You acquire an item: eldritch effluvium
You acquire an item: eldritch effluvium
You acquire an item: filthy monkey head
You gain 19 Meat.
You acquire an item: BACON
After Battle: You gain 52 Strongness
After Battle: You gain 33 Wizardliness
After Battle: You gain 36 Cheek
Paranormal activity reported at Cobb's Knob Treasury.

familiar none
*** slot familiar: KoL has Snow Suit but KoLmafia has (none)

[4748] Cobb's Knob Treasury
Encounter: The ghost of Ebenoozer Screege
Round 0: Arbos wins initiative!
Round 0: Arbos casts SHOOT GHOST!
Round 1: Arbos casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
Round 2: Arbos casts SHELL UP!
Round 3: Arbos casts SHOOT GHOST!
Round 4: Arbos casts SHOOT GHOST!
Round 5: Arbos casts SHOOT GHOST!
Round 6: Arbos casts TRAP GHOST!
Round 7: Arbos wins the fight!
After Battle: You reflect on KoL Con VI, when both Captain Sexy and SexyAwesomeMage complimented you on your dancing.
After Battle: You gain 13 Smarm
You acquire an item: psychokinetic energy blob (5)
You acquire an item: Mr. Screege's spectacles
You acquire an item: leather bookmark
After Battle: Bustin' that ghost made you feel really good! (+20 Stats)
After Battle: You gain 24 Fortitude
After Battle: You gain 5 Wizardliness
After Battle: You gain 6 Sarcasm

familiar Intergnat (50 lbs)