Crimbo Progress 2015

matt.chugg

For my first contribution all year, (sorry about that): a crimbo progress relay script

For people who just want to view their crimbo progress without automated adventuring, the attached relay script will list all adventure locations

can_adv() = blue,
!can_adv() = orange

And list all mobs (with freq > 5) in

green (done both elf and reindeer)
orange (need one or the other still, with info as to which one)
or red (need both)

It's pretty basic styling wise, and looking into building a jquery filter to hide and show stuff, but might be sueful for the people who prefer manual adventuing.

Requires htmlform and canadv.

Screen shot in all it's basciness:
Screenshot 2015-12-19 13.17.48.png

TODO: Before it outlives it's usefulness?

Add some filters in JS/Jquery
Show some numbers of totals and stuff
Make it look all slick and cool

Code:
svn checkout [url]https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/kol-crimbo15/trunk[/url]

Last edited:
I can't seem to get it to look like that at all. It's just plain text. Where do the files need to be? And was there supposed to be something in the js folder?

Bale

Minion
My only recommendation is that it would work somewhat better if instead of indexing and matching by monster, you index by $monster[].manuel_name since that is the value used by KoL. Though I suppose the difference is if you want false positives or false negatives so there really isn't an absolutely superior choice. Perhaps you can add that as a filter option?

matt.chugg

My only recommendation is that it would work somewhat better if instead of indexing and matching by monster, you index by $monster[].manuel_name since that is the value used by KoL. Though I suppose the difference is if you want false positives or false negatives so there really isn't an absolutely superior choice. Perhaps you can add that as a filter option?

Will take a look at this, and getting it into svn, still at work for a few days but will try and get some filters added too, looks like i'm also going to have to ascend, I made the call early on to be high level with the king free, so some monsters are inaccessible. i'm around 440 for each at the moment, how's everyone else getting on?

Darzil

Developer
No where near 440, but I'm expecting either 330 or 300 + Boss as the target for completing the quests.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This has saved me a lot of time. Thank you!

I would definitely like to be able to filter out displaying things by category

- Zones which are already 100% proselytized
- Zones which are not currently accessible
(tricky, since I see many glitches in canadv. For example, some of my multis have opened the Dungeon of Doom, but canadv says they have access to the Enormous Greater Than Sign and NOT to the Dungeon of Doom.)
- The Sea
- Antique areas
- IOTM accessible zones

Or, perhaps, just ordering zones by "type"

- Zones which are always available in aftercore
(This would include Charter zones if you have the charters installed)
- Zones which are available for a while in-run
- The Sea
- IOTM zones
(This would include Charter zones which you can only access via day passes)
- Antique zones

My main is at 402/401 using just the standard aftercore zones + 2 Charter zones.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I would also exclude Spelunky - no offhand to hold handouts.

Also a filter on "obsolete" zones whose monsters are available only via fax. Yes, I imagine some people are using the deck or fax to get otherwise inaccessible monsters to proselytize, but I don't want to see them.

matt.chugg

Glad you like it

I've created some filter functionality, for this update I have only added four filters, but now there is filtering functionailty, its just a case of attaching data to a div, and adding a checkbox to filter it.

The tricky part is determining how to group the locations, but I have their environment and zone data included so can filter any of those, will be looking into the others. I'm afraid i'm a bit behind on some of the game mechanics but catching up!

Filters added:

Hide locations that are 100% proselytized

Fairly simple to add, but bear in mind the script is hiding mobs with freq less than 5 at all times.

Hide locations you cannot access (based on canadv())

Probably unlikely that can_adv will be updated within the useful lifetime of this script, but hopefully you'll agree, that it's better than no filter.

Hide locations in "Removed" zones

$location[].parent=="Removed"

Hide locations in The Sea

This is done based on $location[].zone=="The Sea" (not $location[].environment=="underwater"), not sure the real difference, but believe there are underwater locations not in the sea?

Another mini feature I added, is loading via Ajax, you can click the refresh link to reload only the data, and since the filters are built to use a parent class on the data container, you don't have to re-filter on each load, and the refreshed data is already filtered.

moved to svn, first time using it, hope it's all good, am working from /svn folder and using svn sync to test, then commiting back

Code:

Last edited:

matt.chugg

Version 4

Don't call load_progress twice. dumbass.

Code:

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
For what it's worth, you can urlmanip your way to the old nemesis cave (adventure.php?snarfblat=213) to get another 2 for each side! At least, you could a few days ago (this is the same as that person who got there via teleportitis). Not that it really matters.

crabcancer

Good day. When I run the script in the relay browser, I get the error message

htmlform.ash could not be found (relay_crimbo15.ash, line 1)

Any help please?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Install htmlform from the Script Manager (Scripts from the dropdown menu -> Script Manager; Install -> Form of... HTML!).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
This is done based on $location[].zone=="The Sea" (not $location[].environment=="underwater"), not sure the real difference, but believe there are underwater locations not in the sea?

There are underwater locations not in The Sea. They also take 2 adventures per encounter without Fishy, which is the main reason to avoid any of them.

matt.chugg

There are underwater locations not in The Sea. They also take 2 adventures per encounter without Fishy, which is the main reason to avoid any of them.

So for the purposes of this script,

Hide underwater locations would be more useful than hide locations in The Sea

?

matt.chugg

R12: Added Filter Hide locations that require antique maps

Please note this bug ( http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?19590-Inconsistency-in-location-parent-for-Antique-Item-Locations ) prevents the Landscaper's Lair being hidden properly.

R13: Added filter to hide world event locations, eg Shivering Timbers, A Skeleton Invasion!, Grim Grimacite Site etc

R14: Add filter to Hide locations that require jar of psychoses

R15: Include time twitching tower locations as world events for purpose of filtering

R16: Add filter to hide spelunking areas. I briefly looked at wiki, no idea what spelunking is still but you can damn sure filter it!

Code:
svn checkout https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/kol-crimbo15/trunk

If already installed from SVN , svn update.

Last edited:

matt.chugg

All done for today, hope the filters help, am finishing at 536 | 540 today, going to have to ascend tomorrow I think, need to think about optimal class & sign!