crimbo2015

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Probably worth noting in the OP that this script relies on CanAdv (at least according to the clannie who asked why it was asking about CanAdv).

Yeah, although if you use the SVN command, also in the OP, it grabs canadv as a dependency so this could just be a "training" issue :)

It will also keep doing the Oil rig over and over since it doesn't recognize that the ML needs to be increased to fight the other monsters in the zone

KirbyLlama

This version just gets stuck at the Ziggurat :)

that's weird, it didn't for me, so i figured there was no need to add that one.

for anyone else having this problem just paste in

Code:
banned[$location[A Massive Ziggurat]] = true;
among the other banned locations in the script.

or just set the choice adventure as digi said.

digitrev

Need to blacklist The Frattlesnake since it is not available and the script will waste turns in the Frat House

That's already being taken care of with the appearance_rates change. However, because the monster names are all the same, the score for the Frat House will remain high. I can probably look at pekaje's code to improve monster detection.

Crowther

That's already being taken care of with the appearance_rates change. However, because the monster names are all the same, the score for the Frat House will remain high. I can probably look at pekaje's code to improve monster detection.
You're turning kol string names into monster type. At first I was doing that, but that's not really right. Instead I'd recommend declaring adventured as type "boolean [string, int]". Then when you check in locValue() use adventured[mon.manuel_name, faction] instead. That isn't perfect either, but it is probably the best you can do, since KoL uses the same exact name for multiple monsters (the Manuel name).

basbryan

When I enable the sea, it just errors out repeatedly trying to make scuba gear. I'm wearing Ed's crown set to gold fish. So I shouldn't need a scuba tank.

digitrev

Try using this modified version of canadv. That's where the problem lies. I've modified it to check for any item that lets you breathe underwater, as well as a Crown of Ed w/ a fish.

Attachments

• canadv.ash
    43.7 KB · Views: 55

Theraze

Modified your modifier code to try to reduce server hits and allow the user to still pick their underwater option if they choose to.

So no need for the post 31 CanAdv anymore.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
What change did you make?

I'm just seeing

if (equipcheck($item[The Crown of Ed the Undying]) && (get_property("edPiece", "fish") || cli_execute("edpiece fish"))) return true;

To

if (available_amount($item[The Crown of Ed the Undying]) > 0 && equipcheck($item[The Crown of Ed the Undying]) && (get_property("edPiece") == "fish" || cli_execute("edpiece fish"))) return true;

around line 203.

Pro tip - if you are using Kolmafia SVN to check out scripts then SVN tools (external to Kolmafia) can be used to update, get differences and so on.

Crowther

You're turning kol string names into monster type. At first I was doing that, but that's not really right. Instead I'd recommend declaring adventured as type "boolean [string, int]". Then when you check in locValue() use adventured[mon.manuel_name, faction] instead. That isn't perfect either, but it is probably the best you can do, since KoL uses the same exact name for multiple monsters (the Manuel name).

Like this: View attachment crimbo2015.manuel.patch

Aramada

Crimbo 2015 Script

You can tell it to do zone preparation (equip fledges, etc...) to increase the number of zones available by running zlib c2015_zoneprep = true.

I thought this meant copy and paste zlib c2015_zoneprep = true into the CLI. However, when I did that, I get the response "No setting named 'zlib c2015_zoneprep' exists."

So what am I actually supposed to do to set it to do zone preparation?

~Aramada

You have to run the script first so it will set a default. Or open the script up and set the default as true.

There is currently a problem with the SVN version. The map adventured takes [string, int] up to near the end where it then takes a [monster, int]. I am not sure if its better to change all the other things to [monster, int] or change the last one to a [string, int].

After looking at the code more, it seems it is expecting mon.manuel_name.
Code:
if (mon != $monster[none] && !adventured[mon.manuel_name, faction]){

Last edited:

digitrev

I'm just seeing

if (equipcheck($item[The Crown of Ed the Undying]) && (get_property("edPiece", "fish") || cli_execute("edpiece fish"))) return true;

To

if (available_amount($item[The Crown of Ed the Undying]) > 0 && equipcheck($item[The Crown of Ed the Undying]) && (get_property("edPiece") == "fish" || cli_execute("edpiece fish"))) return true;

around line 203.

Pro tip - if you are using Kolmafia SVN to check out scripts then SVN tools (external to Kolmafia) can be used to update, get differences and so on.

Right. Theraze manages canadv.

digitrev

You have to run the script first so it will set a default. Or open the script up and set the default as true.

There is currently a problem with the SVN version. The map adventured takes [string, int] up to near the end where it then takes a [monster, int]. I am not sure if its better to change all the other things to [monster, int] or change the last one to a [string, int].

After looking at the code more, it seems it is expecting mon.manuel_name.
Code:
if (mon != $monster[none] && !adventured[mon.manuel_name, faction]){

Fixed that, removed some unnecessary code, and did some other stuff.

Visit to Dungeon: Video Game Level 1 in progress...

[845]Video Game Level 1
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

Visit to Dungeon: Video Game Level 2 in progress...

[845] Video Game Level 2
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

Visit to Dungeon: Video Game Level 3 in progress...
You completed the video game

I'm
not sure why canadv and/or crimbo2015 thinks I can go to the GameInformEtc dungeon without using the magazine, but. That sure is a thing it tried doing.