ckb Standard Ascension

So, uh, it's fighting unarmed for some reason.
day 1 as a PM. I have a bass clarinet and a kol con snowglobe in inv, and some starter weapons. I tried equipping and it took them off.
There's some maximizer strangeness here, as it seems to prefer no weapon and shield/off hand.
the maximizer command ATM is "0.001 MP regen, 2.0 experience percent, 0.1 familiar weight, 0.05 item drop, 0.001 mainstat, 0.01 mana cost, 4.0 meat drop, 1.0 monster level, -equip saucepan, -familiar"
The only things I can think of that take advantage of unarmed fighting are out of standard long ago...

I ran out of adv while shoring to open the island. Can move that lone pixel daiquiri up to avoid that in the future. (It's probably a leftover from when you used the yellow sub. But if you don't have the yellow pixels for a daiquiri now, you won't have them after the shore either)

Also, may I suggest doing the lov tunnel on day one BEFORE cheating stats from the deck? The +stat% should kick in for that.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
So, uh, it's fighting unarmed for some reason.

That is really weird. It just uses Mafia's maximizer to dress you. Unless you have no weapons in your inventory, I don't know why it would not pick one.

I ran out of adv while shoring to open the island. Can move that lone pixel daiquiri up to avoid that in the future. (It's probably a leftover from when you used the yellow sub. But if you don't have the yellow pixels for a daiquiri now, you won't have them after the shore either)

The timing for eating and drinking gets really tight in some runs. Sometimes the RNG pushes you to the other side of convenient for getting that pixel daiquiri. Such is the result of running tight.

Also, may I suggest doing the lov tunnel on day one BEFORE cheating stats from the deck? The +stat% should kick in for that.

Yea, I thought of that, but it messes with the flow I already had in place. The extra stats were not critical enough to convince me to change it.

The timing for eating and drinking gets really tight in some runs. Sometimes the RNG pushes you to the other side of convenient for getting that pixel daiquiri. Such is the result of running tight.

I HAD those pixels already, but it waited until after the shore to use them, which it didn't, as it ran out of adventures while shoring. I drank it myself, reran the script and all was well.
My point was that you won't be gaining any pixels while shoring, so you may as well just move that pixel daiquiri to before the shore to prevent an abort in that specific place in the future.
If I didn't have the pixels, that would've been a different story.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
That is really weird. It just uses Mafia's maximizer to dress you. Unless you have no weapons in your inventory, I don't know why it would not pick one.

I'm not running your script but quite often the maximizer leaves me without a weapon. It has never been an issue for me but I think it happens when there is no weapon equipped and none of the available weapons contributes to the maximization. So it leaves things as they are. Having the Way of the Surprising Fist skills perm'd may also be a factor.

As I said, I tried equipping the bass clarinet and con snowglobe, and maximizer suggested taking them off. Also, the bass clarinet does contribute to the maximization line I quoted above- it has a mana cost reduction.

I do have master of the surprising fist perm'd, but that shouldn't matter in standard.

Tom Sawyer

ckb while on the subject of equipping weapons can you possibly change it so that when in hard core standard if a moxie class does not have a 1 handed range weapon it does not default to a giant needle? This tends to break script when doing the dessert as it wants to equip the UV compass and again in the spooky cellar when heating the wine bomb. I was looking through the script files but could not see where it selects a given weapon to wield. Having it default to the fish hatchet would work great.

Zyro

ckb-HCstd: Run complete! 2/554

Just wanted to stop by to say that you are awesome and this script is awesome. Thanks!

ckb

Minion
Staff member
ckb-HCstd: Run complete! 2/554
Just wanted to stop by to say that you are awesome and this script is awesome. Thanks!

Sweet. This makes me happy.

@Tom Sawyer - I will add a tweak to make sure it always has a 1-handed weapon, and that it will always enforce a 1-handed weapon for use of the UV compass and fulminate.

Also - I think I am mostly done with this for HC. I have completed 2 full loops of HC Standard, and have started tweaking the script for other things, so any updated that go in will be mostly untested for a HC run. Feedback here will be appreciated.

Tom Sawyer

Perhaps the latest mafia build borked the script but I am encountering a "bug?" where the script thinks it has not found enough writing desk to digitize something else. This despite the fact it appears to have digitized bloopers. I even went the long route through the mansion to open the library and fight desks to see if I could advance the counter.

Last edited:

Zyro

Perhaps the latest mafia build borked the script but I am encountering a "bug?" where the script thinks it has not found enough writing desk to digitize something else. This despite the fact it appears to have digitized bloopers. I even went the long route through the mansion to open the library and fight desks to see if I could advance the counter.

Same here. I changed the 5s to 4s in the two broken (error message) places and it works fine now.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Will there be an update to the script for SC?

Sometime, yes. I need to do that. I need to finish my Noob trophy run, then my next run will probably be a SC loop or two. Given that HC is now 2 days, 2-day SC should not be much of a change.
Maybe in ~3 weeks or so?

As a temporary solution, you (zyro, pazley, and other people who are interested in this) should be able to edit the script to run SC using the HC script. Then optionally pull turn-cutting stuff like outfits, stars/lines, shore scrips, wet stew etc... For the most part, the script will not hunt for things it needs if it already has them. It won't be as fast and resource efficient as a script aimed at SC, but it should work.

Start by commenting out this line- " if (!in_hardcore()) { abort("you are not in hardcore"); }" and edit as you go if it breaks or aborts somewhere. (by the way, commenting out the next line will should allow you to run it outside of standard)

This is obviously prone to breakage and WILL needlessly waste some turns and resources, plus it might require multiple edits to the script, so use at your own risk. I'm in an HC run, but I'll try to squeeze a SC run next week to test it out and give more specific pointers.

This is a silly way to run softcore with a script intended for HC, you should wait for CKB to release the SC version!

Just for fun, I wrote a suggested pull list to run the HC script in SC. (see above post for how to do this)
This is a QoL list, pulling things the script already knows how to use. It is nowhere near optimal, and instead aims to minimize the need to edit the script or abort it for manually using them.

For example, clara's bell and stench jellies are great pulls, but you'll need to abort to use them. (and if you use too much spleen the script won't be able to fit an AED). Or you could pull all 3 ores, instead of the suggested 1- this will free two deck cheats. But then you'll have to use the deck cheats manually, and you're only saving as many turns as those deck cheats are worth to you. This goes on and on....

The only two exceptions- I suggest using a bass clarinet, even if you're a muscle class. This is because you'll have more clovers tomorrow, and it can be done right at the beginning of the run. (don't forget to use it for the pixels!)
Also, I listed the clockwork pirate skull. This means you'll need to manually untinker the clockwork pirate skull and resulting enchanted eyepatch, and create and use a clockwork maid. This gives you an eye patch and 8 turngen for just one pull and a little meat. If you don't want to do this, simply pull an eyepatch instead.

Oh- and you need to manually use the cubling until you get lock picks. the friars are a good spot. (the familiar logic will only use the cubling in HC, which totally makes sense, because we should be pulling a key lime pie, but we're not.)

Again, I only did this for experimentation and fun- it is a wasteful, unoptimal way to run SC.

day1-

Pull stuffed shoulder parrot,
clockwork pirate skull,
swashbuckling pants,
3 trip scrip,
Spooky-Gro fertilizer,
replica bat,
crown of ed,
abstraction: motion,
tennis ball,
pull outfit knob goblin elite guard

1 relevant ore. (can do this tomorrow)

(mostly) turngen pulls- lavaco lamp, Ratskin pajama pants, Spelunker's fedora, octolus-skin cloak. Pull all of these at the end of the day, incase you mess something up and need a pull, and also to have the maximizer less things to worry about.

You can also pull either a mainstat abstraction, or candy to synthesize. use it turn 0 (before deck). Depending on spleen use, you may have to use the AED at the end of the day yourself.
Personally, I also run the lov tunnel before deck for the +%exp, but this is probably unnecessary.

reserve last pull for RNG screwage- I got unlucky in the bedroom and had to pull the instant camera.

With this plan, it finished day1 at lvl 10.3 with 166 turns played, and starting with maxed adventures for tomorrow (I actually lost some to rollover because I'm so dumb). I frequently abort the script to make better use of delay burning and wanderers, but assuming you have all relevant skills and IOTMs you can expect similar results.

And my plan for tomorrow...
day2-

pull ninja rope, crampons, carabiner,
blackberry galoshes,
trip scrip,
drum machine,
killing jar,
antique machete,
wet stew,
4 rusty hedge trimmer,

possibly mohawk wig (It -should- be pulled automatically if it doesn't drop)
ditto with book of matches

tennis balls- script can/will make use of around 3 extra in day 2 (in addition to what it gains during the run). rest is taken care of with snokes.
clovers (for bridge building)-around 3 should do it?

And now, a small suggestion to ckb- Would you consider hardcoding a mana restore before expected snokebombs? I've had two runs where it couldn't snoke because I didn't have MP (and not enough combat restorers either). One was in the cyrpt niche, and I can't remember the second- either the niche again or the goatlet.

Last edited:

Valliant

I'm having a problem with the beginning of the run as a Disco Bandit, where it's trying to cast AT buffs before I have the desert unlocked or meat to afford an antique accordion. It tries to cast and then fails, telling me "You need 1 more aerogel accordion to continue." I was able to sell off junk items and adventure a couple times to get a meatcar and an antique accordion, and that let the run move forward.

Separately, the script will fail if you don't have Steely-Eyed Squint.

Last edited: