ckb Standard Ascension

Valliant

Ok, doing another HC SC run, I had the same issue with it trying to add Sonata on top of the 4 existing songs, but once I trimmed out the logic for using MojoMuscular Melody the rest of the day ran without problems.

Also, now that the new IOTM has added a new customizable piece of equipment in Hardcore, what should it be set to? I have +item & +ML on mine at the moment.

EDIT: Without a login script, the day 2 cards still failed to fire. What should I be doing to troubleshoot?

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Just submitted an update to include/require the LT&T boots (+item and +ML), fix the extra song issue (I think), and improve combat a bit.
I will likely run 1 more run as an AT to finish my HC Standard reward collection sets, then explore the new challenge path and some aftercore. New updates may be slow.

@Vallient: I am not sure why the day 2 cards are not working for you. I have never had this issue. Can you post a log of what happens when you log in and the first things that happen Day 2?

Valliant

Sure thing. Here's day 2 of my most recent run from the beginning of the session file to the start of the first combat fought by the script. Everything before running the script is part of Mafia's Automation>In Ronin options, nothing fancy done to it.

Code:
showplayer.php?who=1304953

Visiting Hot Dog Stand in clan VIP lounge

Visiting Speakeasy in clan VIP lounge
Visiting Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game in clan rumpus room

Visiting Deluxe Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game in clan VIP lounge

You acquire an item: stuffed teddy butler

buy 2 chewing gum on a string for 47 each from The General Store
You spent 94 Meat
You acquire chewing gum on a string (2)

use 1 chewing gum on a string
You acquire an item: mariachi hat

You acquire an item: worthless trinket

buy 1 chewing gum on a string for 47 each from The General Store
You spent 47 Meat
You acquire an item: chewing gum on a string

add to closet: 1 worthless trinket

You acquire an item: stolen accordion

buy 1 chewing gum on a string for 47 each from The General Store
You spent 47 Meat
You acquire an item: chewing gum on a string

You acquire an item: worthless gewgaw

take from closet: 1 worthless trinket
You acquire an item: worthless trinket

trading 2 worthless items for 2 ten-leaf clovers
You acquire ten-leaf clover (2)

Use 2 ten-leaf clover
You acquire disassembled clover (2)

Visiting the Ruined House
You acquire an item: anticheese

cast 1 Advanced Cocktailcrafting
You acquire an item: little paper umbrella
You acquire an item: coconut shell
You acquire an item: magical ice cubes

cast 1 Advanced Saucecrafting
You acquire scrumptious reagent (5)

cast 1 Pastamastery
You acquire dry noodles (5)

cast 1 Grab a Cold One
You acquire an item: Cold One

cast 1 Perfect Freeze
You acquire an item: perfect ice cube

cast 1 Summon Confiscated Things
You acquire an item: cap gun
You acquire an item: confiscated cell phone
You acquire an item: "KICK ME" sign
> Day 2!

place.php?whichplace=snojo&action=snojo_controller
Submitting option 3 for choice 1118
Took choice 1118/3: moxie training
choice.php?whichchoice=1118&option=3&pwd

equip weapon saucepan

equip off-hand hot plate

familiar Golden Monkey (29 lbs)

cast 1 The Polka of Plenty
You acquire an effect: Polka of Plenty (10)

cast 1 Spirit of Wormwood
You acquire an intrinsic: Spirit of Wormwood

cast 1 Astral Shell
You acquire an effect: Astral Shell (5)

cast 1 Elemental Saucesphere
You acquire an effect: Elemental Saucesphere (5)
> Restoring MP! Currently at 282 of 282 HP, 16 of 153 MP, current meat: 1775 ... Target MP = 77.

use 1 Knob Goblin seltzer
You gain 9 Muscularity Points

buy 6 Knob Goblin seltzer for 76 each from The Knob Dispensary
You spent 456 Meat
You acquire Knob Goblin seltzer (6)

use 6 Knob Goblin seltzer
You gain 57 Muscularity Points

[220] The X-32-F Combat Training Snowman
Encounter: the X-32-F Combat Training Snowman

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Sure thing. Here's day 2 of my most recent run from the beginning of the session file to the start of the first combat fought by the script. Everything before running the script is part of Mafia's Automation>In Ronin options, nothing fancy done to it.

Your setup is still calling 'breakfast' as soon as you log in. The script checks if breakfast has been run to start Day 2 (and Day 3), hence it never calls the Day 2 starting bit.

My log looks like this (note the ">Day 2!" comment - this should be the first thing done before it runs any other code):

Code:
showplayer.php?who=98752

Visiting Hot Dog Stand in clan VIP lounge

Visiting Speakeasy in clan VIP lounge

> Day 2!
> ckb-Std: Starting Day 2

There are preferences "getBreakfast" and "breakfastAlways" and "alwaysGetBreakfast"
I am not sure what these do, but can you tell me what your settings are?

Also, In the Login frame, update the "Breakfast" checkbox so that it is NOT checked.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Ok, so then I need to have all of the automation items unchecked, everything set to inactive while in ronin?

No - some automation items are fine. Just don't let Mafia do it automatically on login (make sure the "Breakfast" login checkbox is NOT checked.)

Yendor

Oh, right, I was going to comment on this. I did a set of softcore runs with this at the end of 2015 (and I'm pretty sure I finished on the leaderboard at the end of the year). I noted some issues; I'm not sure how many have been fixed since then.

A few problems when I ran this without the right choice defaults set: the Cranny (it should pick the swarm), the Haert (pick the fight) and the Gallery (should go for the shoes).

At Twin Peak it should use hedge trimmers to speed things up, if it gets them. Also I think at one point I got the choice on the first adventure, and the default was still set to 4 from last time.

Hidden Park didn't switch to looting the dumpster after moving the janitors. It's supposed to, but that function doesn't seem to be called. The script tries to unlock the Tavern, but doesn't buy Bowls of Scorpions.

In the Desert it stopped at Gnasir (because the default wasn't set) and when restarted, tried to get a UV compass, despite already having an ornate rod.

One run, I got through the Friars' without getting 3 hot wings, so had to manually go back and get them.

Several times, I ran out of adventures on the Battlefield, putting the script in a loop. I had to stop and fill up organ space manually.

Only had trouble with combat at the Barrr, with Pastamancer (kept getting beaten up; I used Astral and Ghostly Shells) and Disco Bandit (hit the round limit; I boosted Moxie with Blubber Up and Disco Fever).

The script didn't seem to get clovers from the hermit, use the pack of astral energy drinks, or auto-craft the star key.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
A few problems when I ran this without the right choice defaults set: the Cranny (it should pick the swarm), the Haert (pick the fight) and the Gallery (should go for the shoes).

This script should now call Bale's NewLife and get all those settings corrected at the start of a run.

At Twin Peak it should use hedge trimmers to speed things up, if it gets them. Also I think at one point I got the choice on the first adventure, and the default was still set to 4 from last time.
Both fixed.

Hidden Park didn't switch to looting the dumpster after moving the janitors. It's supposed to, but that function doesn't seem to be called. The script tries to unlock the Tavern, but doesn't buy Bowls of Scorpions.
The switch was missing - I just added that. It will now buy Bowls of Scorpions in the bowling alley too.

In the Desert it stopped at Gnasir (because the default wasn't set) and when restarted, tried to get a UV compass, despite already having an ornate rod.
Yea - this had issues. After many runs of debugging, it should work much better.

One run, I got through the Friars' without getting 3 hot wings, so had to manually go back and get them.
This is unexpected. Usually item find + Haloweener solve this. I will add a double (triple?) check.

Several times, I ran out of adventures on the Battlefield, putting the script in a loop. I had to stop and fill up organ space manually.
Scipt now aborts if it runs out of adventures in the Battlefield. In HC 2016 I have not seen this issue. Have not started SC 2016 yet.

Only had trouble with combat at the Barrr, with Pastamancer (kept getting beaten up; I used Astral and Ghostly Shells) and Disco Bandit (hit the round limit; I boosted Moxie with Blubber Up and Disco Fever).
Combat has been improved for all classes (as least in HC 2016)

The script didn't seem to get clovers from the hermit, use the pack of astral energy drinks, or auto-craft the star key.
clovers should come from breakfast, which I now realize is an optional mafia preference. This is Fixed.
pack of astral energy drinks will now be used via NewLife
Star Key crafting fixed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
SoftCore 2016 has just been updated. This script just finished a 2/494 as a DB.
There should be some pulls left at the end of the run just in case things get borked. A pull of a mojo filter will allow you to use the last Astral Energy Drink.

Any/All feedback appreciated.

Note that the HC script has changed little, so it is not as up to date or as efficient as the SC script. It it likely that I can shave a number of turns off the HC run with new items and learnings - this may happen after I collect my wicker.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Updated SC script to fix a potential error where a chosen familiar might kill painted writing desks before they are successfully copied.

Pazleysox

Code:
You need 1 more your cowboy boots to continue.
Uhh... I'm not really sure what this eludes to... Sorry for being such a n00b about this.

Bale

Minion
Eludes means almost the opposite of alludes, which is what you actually meant.

The former means to escape, the second means to indirectly call attention.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Either way, you will need LT&T (and the associated cowboy boots) for this script to be successful.

Hi, thank you for this, working nicely so far (though I had to comment out many of the items I was missing, it still mostly works!)

Is there a reason the script doesn't use the bass clarinet when it goes for -com? Running a SC in softcore, it did the friars quest with 20% -com when it could have 26%. Used Thor's pliers instead. Pretty sure I saw this again in other places where it wants -com.

Also, I wrote down the list of stuff you should have in hangks before ascending softcore with this.
(almost everything can be bought from hangks if needed, but things run smoother when you prepare in advance. Plus you can't buy ice sculptures and scrip)

Code:
buddy bjorn, crown of ed, pete's leather jacket, thor's pliers, duonoculars, 
Xiblaxian stealth trousers, clockwork pirate skull, swashbuckling pants, 
stuffed shoulder parrot, 3 star key lime pie, star chart, 
Corpse Island iced tea, 4 Shore Inc. Ship Trip Scrip, 2 4-d camera, 2 unfinished ice sculpture, 
Spooky-Gro fertilizer, 
3 chrome ore, 3 asbestos ore, 3 linoleum ore, ninja rope, ninja crampon, ninja carabiner, 
blackberry galoshes, wet stew, drum machine, frost flower, killing jar, Boris's key lime pie, 
Jarlsberg's key lime pie, Sneaky Pete's key lime pie, digital key lime pie

ckb

Minion
Staff member
If you have all the required gear and skills, you should be hitting 25% NC in softcore every time you need -combat. So there is little reason / benefit to using the clarinet over Thor's Pliers. So the script takes the +4 stats and +MP of the pliers.
Also, I started writing this before the Floundry was a thing. Maybe that extra 2% would be helpful. Or that and skipping the Xib pants.

If you run the script in aftercore, it should provide a list of things you may be missing for your next run.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I assume you're hitting -25% from bjorn, smooth, sonata, and two other pieces of gear (xiblax trousers you mentioned, possibly duonoculars as the last source of -combat). Clarinet saves pulling one of those two extra pieces of gear, gives you more flexibility with bjorn (megadrone would make up for the MP and most of the lost stats from thor's pliers), and saves you a digital key lime pie pull (and the corresponding fullness). Plus, -3 MP cost saves you a _lot_ of MP in maintaining buffs.

Ultimately, that's 3 pulls (NC gear, thor's pliers, digital klp) and 4 fullness.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I am already using the Clarinet for 20 white pix + 1 digital KLP. I could easily swap out the xiblax trousers and/or the duonoculars. That would free up some pulls... but what to use them on?

More tennis balls? Rusty hedge trimmer? Maybe Harem outfit? I don't know the latest SC tricks these days.

Oh I see what the problem is- I don't have the grimstone golem, so only 20% for me (like I said, I edited out some things I don't have). Not hitting the 25% soft cap when there's a 10% item sitting right there bothered me, but between 25% and 27% it's a non-issue. I'll do some more editing to use the clarinet on my own copy.

As for the pulls, if you do wish to further optimize- harem outfit and the rusty hedge trimmer are both solid options.

Magus_Prime

I'm trying this script for the first time and it was going well until it tried to eat a spaghetti breakfast. I have most of the skills in the game but I don't have any of the Dreadsylvania skills. I tried restarting the script but it really wants to eat a spaghetti breakfast.

Any thoughts on a way around that? Should I just eat whatever I can?

It also ran into difficulty on the last snowman fight of the day. The CCS bailed but I was able to finish the fight in the relay browser.

Last edited: