Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: ckb Standard Ascension

A new interesting problem: when drinking booze on day one, I got a fascinating error: "[ΒΆ-1] has no matches."
    What is the expected outcome here?
    Originally Posted by Valliant View Post
    I assume this is SC. I originally had the Turkey used more for SC, but it was not necessary when I started tweaking the script for HC. I updates the script to use the turkey earlier for SC runs, so it should get the booze by the time it wants to drink.

Lovely, thank you. I just wanted to say that I'm really impressed by your script so far. I know I've been mentioning all the things that don't work, but it's mostly been working beautifully.

This thread seems to be half my "Can your script recover when I've failed to perfectly follow instructions" requests, and for that I'm sorry.

That being said, if the script fails from not recovering MP properly (because I failed to have the swiss piggy bank when starting the ascension) and after the clockwork pirate skull has been untinkered to make the clockwork maid it will then not work when I try to run it again because it can't find the clockwork pirate skull. Can it check to see if the maid has been made in order to skip that check?

Separately (and this may be a problem with Mafia), when starting to farm Pirate Insults it fails to detect that I do have the Florist Friar.
    Last edited by Valliant; 12-27-2015 at 01:14 AM.

Added a check for the clockwork maid.
    Also, this script (especially the SC version) will break badly on Jan 1 when Standard restrictions all change. This will take some time and rework before it runs smoothly again. Start your last runs today!

Hey. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this. I eagerly await an update for the new standard restrictions.

I ran 6 normal standard runs (1 of each class, all 2 day, 515-565 turns) and 2 hardcore standard runs (both 3 day, 735-750 turns). It worked beautifully with maybe 1-3 restarts a day and needing a total 15-20 minutes to run. Restarts were mainly due to bedroom nightstand fights and semi-rare windows. Only fights I lost and the most restarts were HC PM with early day 1 meat and MP management but that was expected.

I hesitate to add any critical comments because overall it worked incredibly well and I don't have the technical ability to recommend the appropriate fixes. That said, a few minor annoyances: 1. In normal runs it would not use the Frobozz tent nor create Richard's star key however it would in hardcore runs. 2. For the nuns trick it would not use the arena buff. But that is so trivial. I can't believe it even does the nuns trick and I appreciate the warning when meat drop percentage would create a problem with 1-2 turns remaining.

But really that is it. It just worked. So thank you. It was exactly what I wanted during Crimbo while trying to get remaining 2015 standard outfit pieces.

My first pass updates for Standard 2016 are in for HardCore. Feedback is much welcome (and needed). I would like to improve speed if possible.
    Softcore 2016 has not been started yet.

There should be no problem getting a HC run done in 3 days. My last run with this script (as a DB) I finished without needing to eat on day 3... so plenty of headroom here. My other runs were good enough for a leaderboard spot, though it is very early in the year, so it is less impressive than it sounds. Runs should be 3/700 or better.

I am still tweaking things:
    • Note the new requirements in the first post for setup (Bram in the painting, Astral shirt, Xi receiver).
    • Class combat is still tricky on day 1 (especially with the barrel lid +ML). Myst classes are easy, the others not so much. You may run out of meat and fail. try selling some stuff or farming a bit in the Treasury. Let me know what class and where it went wrong. this is hard to debug because it only happens once per run and each class is a little different. Fighting in the Caldera also usually fails, but it is still in there anyway.

@hollow2201
    1: It should use the house and make the star key. It is possible that you had these troubles before I made improvements. Let me know if the problems persist.
    2: It cannot use the arena buff because it does the nuns trick before the area is complete (usually).

So the script stops when I get beaten up in the Caldera, but I had successfully gotten fish DNA right before my beating. Can the script watch for the combat message that indicates a success or check the syringe for the appropriate DNA? When I restarted it, it went back to the Caldera for more, despite having what it needed.

So the script stops when I get beaten up in the Caldera, but I had successfully gotten fish DNA right before my beating. Can the script watch for the combat message that indicates a success or check the syringe for the appropriate DNA? When I restarted it, it went back to the Caldera for more, despite having what it needed.
    Yea... That happens. Best to hybridize manually if you get beaten up and have fish DNA, though easy to add a check for DNA before adventuring again. I'll do that too.

A new issue: It hangs on my failure to have Calculate the Universe, though that's not yet in the Required Skills list. Also, ouch, 48M for that skill at the moment. How vital is that skill to making the run work? While I'll get it now that I know about it, it might be nice to let people use the script without it.
    Last edited by Valliant; 01-30-2016 at 12:55 AM.

A new issue: It hangs on my failure to have Calculate the Universe, though that's not yet in the Required Skills list. Also, ouch, 48M for that skill at the moment. How vital is that skill to making the run work? While I'll get it now that I know about it, it might be nice to let people use the script without it.
    I added that to the (incomplete) list of skills needed on page 1. Generally, I assume you have everything in the game. It is not totally critical. You miss out on some adventures days 1 and 3, but you will need to get the Frat War outfit yourself on day 2 without it. If you YR a hippy as the first thing on Day 2, I believe the script may do the rest.

Edit: yea... do that. That should work. You can modify the TryCalcU() function to just return true (line 893) to avoid the abort.

Edit2: I'll add a few lines to work around not having Calculate the Universe to get the hippy suit day 2.

Edit3: Just finished my 6th run (this one as an AT). Best run yet at 3/649. Still good enough for the leaderboard. Still no need to eat on day 3. :-)
    Last edited by ckb; 01-30-2016 at 04:57 AM.