ckb Standard Ascension

cakeytaste

Before adventuring starts on day 1, I'm having to use a pocket wish for 2k meat in order to get through the full buffing phase. Everything's fine once that happens, and the numberology 1400 gets me going after that.

I'm wondering if there's a perm that is making the difference on having enough MP or starting meat to get up and running—I cannot think of anything. Once I manually do the wish, I'm able to restart and let it run to the Haunted Kitchen, where it doesn't recognize parrot to get full resists. I equip parrot and manually unlock the Billiards Room, and I can restart again. Thoughts?

http://cheesellc.com/kol/profile.php?u=cakeytaste

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Before adventuring starts on day 1, I'm having to use a pocket wish for 2k meat in order to get through the full buffing phase. Everything's fine once that happens, and the numberology 1400 gets me going after that.

I'm wondering if there's a perm that is making the difference on having enough MP or starting meat to get up and running—I cannot think of anything. Once I manually do the wish, I'm able to restart and let it run to the Haunted Kitchen, where it doesn't recognize parrot to get full resists. I equip parrot and manually unlock the Billiards Room, and I can restart again. Thoughts?

http://cheesellc.com/kol/profile.php?u=cakeytaste

What class are you trying this with?

ckb

Minion
Staff member
This run is Seal Clubber (HC).

SC are tricky and probably the hardest for the script. And you do not have thrust-smack, so combat is going to be more expensive. You might need to run some of the initial turns manually, until you have enough meat.

cakeytaste

SC are tricky and probably the hardest for the script. And you do not have thrust-smack, so combat is going to be more expensive. You might need to run some of the initial turns manually, until you have enough meat.
Cool. Thanks for the advice and for sharing the script.

Pazleysox

The owner of the Typical Tavern is still bugging us about his rat problems. Perhaps you could help him?

Well done! You have slain the Boss Bat.

You need to find your way into Cobb's Knob, Adventurer. Try looking around the Outskirts for a clue that might help you figure out that map we gave you.

The Deep Fat Friars still require your assistance. You can find them in the Distant Woods.

The Spookiness still emanates from the Cyrpt, Adventurer. See if you can find and destroy the source, and bring us back proof of your conquest.

parent.charpane.location.href="charpane.php";
ckb-SCStd: Need to be L8 for goatlet

I'm level 7.5. It looks like there's plenty of places to adventure. I had to manually run some turns.

Need more pool skill, now: 10
Was 2 drunk. Ended up consuming a few splendid martini, and others to finish quest.

0/15 full
8/15 drunk
0/15 spleen
script went into endless loop:

Maximizing...
1 combinations checked, best score 0.00
Ran out of adventures.

I just keep running into issues with the script. I manually ate my keylime pies, and then the script aborted because it needed climbing gear.

I finally gave up. I had all (or most of) these same issues last time I ran the script. Makes be believe that the issue is on my end.
Council of Loathing

The owner of the Typical Tavern is still bugging us about his rat problems. Perhaps you could help him?

You need to find your way into Cobb's Knob, Adventurer. Try looking around the Outskirts for a clue that might help you figure out that map we gave you.

The Spookiness still emanates from the Cyrpt, Adventurer. See if you can find and destroy the source, and bring us back proof of your conquest.

The Highland Lord, Black Angus, still needs your help, Adventurer.
ckb-SCStd: Need to be L10 to continue
I was level 9.5

Last edited:
It is a very "strict" script with a planned use of resources and timings, very much unlike other ascension scripts which are "what quests are available ATM? Let's do those, and use our resources as we go, and eat the best thing we find".
This makes CKB's runs a lot faster, but also makes it hard if you intervene, are missing a pull/perm/iotm is requires, or if the route hits a snag.
In this case, a snag is reaching the part where it wants to do the goatlet before you hit lvl 8 (which happens somethings, and is actually good news- you're ahead! Unless it's because you're missing on exp because you don't have all the perms/iotms)
As for pool skill- it should have drunk to 10 before starting the billiard room using your splendid martinis (among others). If you had those martinis in inventory after it started the billiard room, it obviously didn't drink them when it was supposed to.
Reading the script, my first guess is that you drank manually to 2 somewhere near the start of the run. It will only drink those martinis if your drunkness is at zero. It will only drink to 10 if your drunkness is at 3 from those martinis.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I'm level 7.5. It looks like there's plenty of places to adventure. I had to manually run some turns.

Yes, don't do that. Just powerlevel as quickly as possible to get to the next level. Also, this should not happen if you are letting the script run on its own.
Trust it - it knows what its doing (mostly). If you do things on your own, the rest of it will probably fail.

Pazleysox

Yes, don't do that. Just powerlevel as quickly as possible to get to the next level. Also, this should not happen if you are letting the script run on its own.
Trust it - it knows what its doing (mostly). If you do things on your own, the rest of it will probably fail.

Ok. I'll try again. If I run into the pool still issue again, what do you recommend?

Carnifex

I am getting "unknown Zatara clan: clan" message and the script stops, there also seems to be a problem with the homoerotic frat-paddle, which I solved by commenting out the line that looks for it.

taltamir

nemesis doesn't currently work
Code:
> ckb-Nemesis.ash

Multiple matches for "carton of astral energy drinks"; using "[10882]carton of astral energy drinks". (ckb-One.ash, line 905, char 61 to char 93) Clarify by using one of:
$item[[5139]carton of astral energy drinks]
$item[[10882]carton of astral energy drinks]
Bad skill value: "Torso Awaregness" (ckb-One.ash, line 1775, char 61 to char 77)
Bad skill value: "Torso Awaregness" (ckb-One.ash, line 1781, char 61 to char 77)
Bad item value: "homoerotic frat-paddle" (ckb-One.ash, line 5357, char 82 to char 104)