ckb Standard Ascension

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Has anyone had luck using the script without having the Slimeling? I am getting the rest of the skills now but the Slimeling would be at least 2 months out (I have no gear for slime-hates-it).

You can buy a slimeline in /trade, ask around - about 1M cost, which is only a day or two of aftercore farming.

Ethelred

Has anyone had luck using the script without having the Slimeling? I am getting the rest of the skills now but the Slimeling would be at least 2 months out (I have no gear for slime-hates-it).

Simelings used to be readily available from /trade for relatively modest prices, about one Uncle Buck. I haven't checked for a considerable period of time, so I don't know if that is still the case or not. It seems like it would be worth a look, though.

EDIT: Somehow, I missed the post above mine. Sorry for the redundant post.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
The first pass at 2018 Standard for Hardcore is done. After a few tweaks, I just finished a (very lucky) 2/518.
The fight consult code is not very elegant and could use some help, but it works ok.
Feedback and suggestions always welcome.

Zyro

I am having some issues with having enough Meat early in day 1 to maintain MP (around the time when the script does the Snojo fights). I ended up doing that part manually and after beating the Boss Bat it was no longer a problem.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I am having some issues with having enough Meat early in day 1 to maintain MP (around the time when the script does the Snojo fights). I ended up doing that part manually and after beating the Boss Bat it was no longer a problem.

Are you a muscle class? Meat is tough out there early for them.

Zyro

I missed a 2 day HC Standard run by around 15-20 turns. Had the script not taken two royal teas and gotten a voraci/sobrie on days 1/2 instead, I think I may have had a chance, but I am not certain. If the xo skeleton was used more (i.e., enough to get a bridge truss), that may have the difference as well. An additional suggestion is that since free kill meat is capped at 1000 per turn, the Shattering Punches would be better used elsewhere than the dirty thieving brigands.

Other than that, the script is working well :)

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I missed a 2 day HC Standard run by around 15-20 turns. Had the script not taken two royal teas and gotten a voraci/sobrie on days 1/2 instead, I think I may have had a chance, but I am not certain. If the xo skeleton was used more (i.e., enough to get a bridge truss), that may have the difference as well. An additional suggestion is that since free kill meat is capped at 1000 per turn, the Shattering Punches would be better used elsewhere than the dirty thieving brigands.

I missed my 2 day by 1 turn. A little more turn cutting will help. I'll look into your suggestions.

Except I think tea tree is out of standard... you can pick teas but not use them in run. I will confirm.

Zyro

I missed my 2 day by 1 turn. A little more turn cutting will help. I'll look into your suggestions.

Except I think tea tree is out of standard... you can pick teas but not use them in run. I will confirm.

You are correct, they are on the restricted items list.

In that case, I noticed another potential turnsaving manuoever; it seems that there is an unused genie wish on day 1, since I remember turning one of them into a pocket wish after nightcapping. IIRC, it carried over to day 2. I would suggest using it on the gaudy pirate for the keys, as there are a lot of monsters in Belowdecks and depending on RNG it can take quite a while to run into one.

By the way, thank you for making this script public - I have been using it since last year for Standard (and BIG/unrestricted) and it is a huge timesaver.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I would suggest using it on the gaudy pirate for the keys, as there are a lot of monsters in Belowdecks and depending on RNG it can take quite a while to run into one.

Gaudy pirate or skinflute+digitize to skip the HITS?
I think skipping the HITS is potentially more turns saved, but I have to make sure you get enough of them after the digitize. Star chart via intergnat demon name at L12.

Jargonion

Hello,

I'd love to try this script out for a few softcore loops, but I see it's broken. Is there any way to get the script to run as though it's in HC?

Zyro

Gaudy pirate or skinflute+digitize to skip the HITS?
I think skipping the HITS is potentially more turns saved, but I have to make sure you get enough of them after the digitize. Star chart via intergnat demon name at L12.

You are right, skipping the HITS would usually save a lot more turns, but it requires 3 digitize occurrences and I don't know if that can be done consistently.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
You are right, skipping the HITS would usually save a lot more turns, but it requires 3 digitize occurrences and I don't know if that can be done consistently.

Also, you need to make sure you have enough +item to force the drops when the digitize monster comes around... I learned this the hard way this run. I now have 7 stars and 8 lines. :(
Might be best to duplicate this (not the mountain man) Day 1 and burn a clover for the extra ore.

Zyro

I'm not sure why, but the script grabbed a Drum 'n' bass 'n' drum 'n' bass record from the Castle top floor instead of finishing the quest (I had both a mohawk wig and the model airship).

Zyro

Would have completed a 2 day HC run had I not accidentally used a fat loot token on a Sneaky Pete's breath spray while maximizing for moxie :(

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I'm not sure why, but the script grabbed a Drum 'n' bass 'n' drum 'n' bass record from the Castle top floor instead of finishing the quest (I had both a mohawk wig and the model airship).
These choices are so darn convoluted. I think I have this fixed in the next update.

Would have completed a 2 day HC run had I not accidentally used a fat loot token on a Sneaky Pete's breath spray while maximizing for moxie :(
Is this something the script did? Or something you did manually?