Time to update this I suppose?

things the script uses and are now out of standard-
winter garden (OUCH)
DNA lab
galloping grill
fist turkey
crimbo sapling
clan speaksy
grimstone golem (was used to get dowsing rod)

SC-
Buddy bjorn, pete's jacket, thor's pliers, ice sculpture & frost flower (from wintergarden), Xiblaxian stealth stuff.

stuff the script can use, but doesn't yet-
intergnat (there might be minimal support as a fairy, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take advantage of bacon or the new demon)
mayo clinic- replaces DNA
source terminal, detective school, protonic accelerator pack, time-spinner, tot, thanksgarden, gingerbread (is there anything ascension relevant other than a mini-shattering punch?), the new IOTM (which might be a little fiddly, spading pending) and IOTY.

That's.. quite a bit of work.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Well, I am mostly (90%) done with the HC version. But that last 10% seems to be pretty buggy. I did my last HC AT run with it, and ended up with 2/568, which was good enough for the #4 spot on the leaderboard.

This vexes me. I am vexed.

A 2 day HC run is a pretty powerful thing, and I am hesitant to just give away this away so early in the season. And this was done without the Jellyfish or the candle, which would speed things up even more. I need a few more runs of tweaking and some thought about how/when to release.

Oh, you're fast. (not the run, the scripting!).

And yes, I understand the hesitation about releasing. Some of my leaderboard runs (last year) used the script extensively, but it had personal tweaks and I still did some parts manually when I wanted to optimize further.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Ha - not really as fast as it seems as I was (mostly) keeping the script up through 2016. My last run through HC in 2016 was without any 2016 items, just to see what was possible.

Curious about your "personal tweaks"... Can you elaborate? If they are effective and useful, I can add them to the script.

Pazleysox

Is it possible to run the script through a "normal" ascension? I wouldn't mind having the ability to do a 2 day ascension!

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I am not sure what you mean by "normal". If you mean Softcore, then yes, I expect it to do 2-day SC runs when it is ready. The 2015 and 2016 versions did.

Curious about your "personal tweaks"... Can you elaborate? If they are effective and useful, I can add them to the script.

Oh, I didn't really script that much. Mostly adjusting to things I didn't have at the time so it wouldn't abort all the time trying to use familiars I don't own and such. I only changed the script if it wouldn't play along nicely with my manual changes since it was faster than re-writing and testing.
The rest of it was using an alias to manually call specific parts when I wanted to run them, after setting it up better.

Examples- using batter up! and forcing a dented scepter when playing seal clubber, skipping spookyraven's first floor with a painted writing desk and digitize (slightly improved quest tracking so it'll stop trying the old fashioned way), terminal things like portscan and duplicate, using deck cheats slightly differently, DNA weird instead of construct (irrelevant in 2017), shuffling shattering punch to maximize use of LT&T skills, taking advantage of intergnat as appropriate, time-spinner... Nothing you can't learn by seeing what speedrunners do.

Feel free to use the ideas if they are better than what your current version does, but if you're already scripting HC 2 dayers it probably won't make a huge difference.

Tom Sawyer

@ckb Well if you do release this as a 2017 update I will say thanks in advance. I have been using kol proxy for some time now for the silly goal of reaching 1k HC accessions. Something must have changed and now it breaks on the desert part of the mcguffin quest. My coding skills are zip lol

ckb

Minion
Staff member
My last run failed to get to the end within 2 HC days. Still some tweaking to do (but it was easy to finish on the 3rd day). Needed another 32 adventures. And likely better RNG.
I will probably get derailed for a bit by whatever challenge path comes next (or Eldritch world event), so hoping to be mostly done before then.

Valliant

So is a 2/3 day HC run split largely controlled by RNG reasonable to release? Your script has been my favorite since its release, and I'm definitely looking forward to the 2017 revision.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I changed a bunch of things to take advantage of the new items and skills and workings and familiars... but this also broke some other things and will require more work. Lots of set_location() required to choose when to use the Space Jellyfish. And I messed up some logic somewhere which become apparent as I fail in my current run. I might have something workable in a week... maybe.
Even if I can't get the 2 day HC to succeed all the time, I can release something that will allow you to finish in day 3.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
The 2017 HC version is now available. Have at it.

The script will attempt the finish 2017 HC in 2 days. If it does not think it can make it, it will stop before the Island War and finish on day 3.

The script now runs through the NS tower (mostly). It will stop to make you buff for the Tower Contests manually (Init, elemental, offstat). Once you have passed all those tests, re-run the script. It will fight the guardians and climb the tower and kill the NS.

Also, I have poured a ton of work into this. It really is a thing of beauty to be able to automate a 2-day HC run. I welcome any feedback (or donations of appreciation).

Enjoy!

Valliant

New issue: On revision 30 ckb-custom.ccs isn't extracting essence, but expected it could make hacked gibsons. I'm playing as a AT and using ckb-consult.ash for my combat script. Looking at the script, it looks like it should try to extract at the end of the list of free combat actions right after Summon Love Gnats and before Extract Jelly, but the list of actions I got from my last fight was:

Code:
[33] The Boss Bat's Lair
Encounter: beefy bodyguard bat
Strategy: C:\Users\ASUS\Google Drive\KolMafia\ccs\ckb-custom.ccs [default]
Round 0: ililili loses initiative!
Round 1: You lose 8 hit points
ckb-consult: Round 1: Fighting a beefy bodyguard bat at The Boss Bat's Lair
Round 1: ililili executes a macro!
Round 1: ililili casts SUMMON LOVE MOSQUITO!
Round 2: ililili uses the Time-Spinner!
Round 3: ililili casts COMPRESS!
Round 4: ililili casts COWBOY KICK!
Round 5: ililili casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
Round 6: ililili casts STUFFED MORTAR SHELL!
Round 7: ililili casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 8: ililili wins the fight!

So I'm baffled as to why it didn't decide to continue.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
New issue: On revision 30 ckb-custom.ccs isn't extracting essence, but expected it could make hacked gibsons. I'm playing as a AT and using ckb-consult.ash for my combat script.

That is odd. I did not have that issue with any of my runs... the only thing I can think of is that Mafia was confused with what terminal skills you had. But I have never encountered that. I will add a few more specific "terminal educate"s to try to enforce this.

Valliant

Next issue: after killing the bonerdagon and finishing the daily dungeon, I get "ckb-HCStd: have not defeated enough wriing (sp) desks to digitize something else". Looking at my first encounter with the writing desk on turn 7, I failed to digitize. Also, see the lines above; it looks like I was trying to switch to digitize and failed for some reason?

Code:
[7] Rest in your bed in the Chateau
You gain 55 Mojo Points
You gain 63 Chutzpah
You gain a Moxie point!
> ckb-Std: Attempting to heal
Source Terminal: educate compress.edu
Source Terminal: educate digitize.edu

[7] Chateau Painting
Encounter: writing desk
Round 0: ililili wins initiative!
> WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Round 1: ililili executes a macro!
Round 1: ililili tries to steal an item!
> WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
> WHAM: We are going to 1-shot with attack with your weapon.
Round 2: ililili executes a macro!
Round 2: ililili attacks!
Round 3: writing desk takes 129 damage.
Round 3: ililili wins the fight!
After Battle: Jaybird whistles a few bars of Keep Your Hands To Yourself. It really gets your toes tappin'.
You acquire an item: inkwell
After Battle: Jaybird grins cheerfully as she flits about, tweedlin' and deedlin'. (+4 Stats)
After Battle: You gain 6 Beefiness
After Battle: You gain 7 Wizardliness
You gain a Mysticality point!