ckb Standard Ascension

Magus_Prime

Day 2 SC Pastamancer
  • The script aborted when there weren't enough Bass in the Floundry to create a Bass Clarinet. I have enough other toys that it doesn't matter. Perhaps a less rigid check?
  • The CCS aborted at +158 ML against a drunken rat king. I was able to finish the combat manually.
  • The Basaltsamander Buckler was used to increase stat gains. Level 11 was no problem. Missed the level 12 gate by 103 sub points. Back to the Haunted Bathroom for three turns.
  • Beaten up in The Junkyard against an AMC Gremlin

The script finished with:

507 turns spent and 18 turns, 7 spleen and 4 pulls remaining

ckb

Minion
Staff member
This stuff:
  • For some reason the script/KoLmafia aborted when it looked for, and received, the SR from the castle.
  • The script stopped when it couldn't make it to level 11 (296 substat points short). Manually adventured in the Haunted Bathroom for six turns and resumed. Why not use adventure in the Oil Peak? At +100 ML it might have done the trick.
  • The Basaltsamander Buckler was used to increase stat gains. Level 11 was no problem. Missed the level 12 gate by 103 sub points. Back to the Haunted Bathroom for three turns.
  • The script aborted again after finishing the Hidden City. Not level 12 yet (1038 substats points short). Back to the Haunted Bathroom for fifteen turnss. Have both O'Rly manual and old rosewater cream in inventory. Using those earlier might have helped.
  • The CCS seems to have difficulty handling the "Toad in The Hole" effect during the war.
  • The CSS aborted after losing almost all HP -vs- The Big Wisniewski. He had 11 HP left and I was able to finish manually.
  • The CCS aborted after losing almost all HP to a dirty old lihc at +113 ML. I was able to finish the combat manually.
  • The CCS aborted at +158 ML against a drunken rat king. I was able to finish the combat manually.
  • Same problem with the pirates as I encountered with the Pastamancer
  • The script aborted when there weren't enough Bass in the Floundry to create a Bass Clarinet. I have enough other toys that it doesn't matter. Perhaps a less rigid check?
  • Beaten up in The Junkyard against an AMC Gremlin

I fixed the SR issue (at least in most locations). This has to do with using add_item_condition() and then adventuring somewhere else.
I added a simple level-up for L11 and L12 to use extra clovers if available. The script may still abort if it cannot make the level in time, but a few adventures spent powerleveling should not be a big deal.
The CCS is not perfect, but it is generally pretty good and pretty fast. Running 100+ML means stun resistance, so sometimes you are going to get unlucky.
I don't think I am going to add any fish checks for the Floundry. You may need to prep your run. Same is true for Speakeasy drinks or pulls needed or Chateu monster or other stuff.
Why are you fighting AMC Gremlins? Put those in an ice house.

I also added a check for the star key (to make sure it pulls extra stars/lines if needed) and it should use extra pulls for white pixels for the digital key if needed too.

This is likely my last update for a while. I am very happy with how the script runs, getting 2-day SC with some overhead. I can think of a few things to scrape an extra turn savings here or there, but sub-500 runs with extra karma are good enough for me.

One question: Does this script autopull in SC and if so is there a list about what to have in hagnks? If so I can't find it in the thread

ckb

Minion
Staff member
One question: Does this script autopull in SC and if so is there a list about what to have in hagnks? If so I can't find it in the thread

Yes, it autopulls stuff. If you run the script in aftercore, and it needs something you do not have in inventory, It should tell you. I'll add a pull list to the front info section.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Also, updated SC script to check inventory for all necessary pulls if you run ckb-SCstd.ash in aftercore.

How much trouble will it have without the following pulls:

1,The Crown of Ed the Undying
1,Sneaky Pete's leather jacket
1,Thor's Pliers

ckb

Minion
Staff member
How much trouble will it have without the following pulls:

1,The Crown of Ed the Undying
1,Sneaky Pete's leather jacket
1,Thor's Pliers

If you comment those out of the pulls list for Day 1, it looks like should do ok.

Valliant

In softcore I'm having a problem hitting the levelling targets that the script has for me, and I'm not sure why. I'm missing a few skills, but none of the ones I'm missing provide +item, +/-combat, +ML or +exp, so I don't see how they're relevant to this issue. Specifically, I'm having trouble with hitting level 8 in time to go get the milk to eat, and hitting 10 and 11 are occasionally problems. Is there something that I should be doing differently?

Separately, what's your opinion of the Source Terminal? Will its addition speed things up further? It's a noticeable boost to HC runs.

Do you have the chateau set to give the correct stat?
I got good results from hyberdizing weird (from spring break beach). Also, HC or SC, and did you do any edits on the script?

As for the terminal, it's a very strong iotm. Mafia does not fully support it yet AFAIK, so I don't know how to use it in scripts. When it will be implented fully, digitize's (semi) random nature and the need to set the correct skills in advance mean it's not a small task to incorporate into a fully scripted run.
In the meantime, I'm planning my roadmap to make use of the terminal and the intergnat.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
In softcore I'm having a problem hitting the levelling targets that the script has for me, and I'm not sure why. I'm missing a few skills, but none of the ones I'm missing provide +item, +/-combat, +ML or +exp, so I don't see how they're relevant to this issue. Specifically, I'm having trouble with hitting level 8 in time to go get the milk to eat, and hitting 10 and 11 are occasionally problems. Is there something that I should be doing differently?

Separately, what's your opinion of the Source Terminal? Will its addition speed things up further? It's a noticeable boost to HC runs.

Sometimes, if you are not hitting the level targets, it is because you got lucky and found stuff early, or finished a quest early. OK to manually powerlevel for a few turns. Burn an extra clover of you have one.

The source terminal looks pretty sweet. I might do another HC loop in a bit and update the script for the new IOTMs. But for now, a 3-day HC and 2-day SC should still be fine without it.

Theraze

i'm using v17.2, why can't i run it?

For you (paolobagnas), use the latest daily build from the top of the page.
For ckb, make sure you (ckb) use 'since' to actually warn people when they need an updated version. Something I keep forgetting to do myself. :)

I might do another HC loop in a bit and update the script for the new IOTMs.

Great news!

On another matter, small glitch with the maximizer.

"You can't hold a rave whistle in your off-hand when wielding a saucepan"
(I'm in HC with a seal clubber, if it matters)

Valliant

Something I've been having happen recently in HC moxie runs is running out of meat to refill my MP on day 1. I've been working to obtain all the buffs you list as needed, and it seems that it's being more of a problem as I maintain a higher number of buffs. I can generally get through with a couple rounds of selling absolutely everything that isn't ascension-relevant, but it's something that's occurring in day one of each HC run I haven't tested it with non-mox classes, but it happens with both DB & AT.

One other thing that I've encountered more than once is "Cannot sniff writing desk! Sniffed dairy goat". Apparently whatever is planned between those two sniffs can be done too quickly to manage the 40 turn gap, as I've had 6-10 turns remaining of On the Trail when I get this error. It's easy enough to just burn the turns manually, but it's one of the few recurring errors that causes the script to halt that are left at this point.

Additionally, in SC runs as a Sauceror, I've been getting the following error immediately after finishing the Lady Spookyraven quest on the second floor: "ckb-Std: Error - Did not get Frat Warrior Fatigues; try numberology 51 to YR here" However, when I try "numberology 51" in the CLI, it goes into the fight with the War Frat 151st Infantryman without issues. Additionally, when resolving that manually there's an issue that occurs immediately afterward where it tries to go to the Smut Orc Logging Camp without having talked to the Council to open that area.

With the advent of a new numberology season, we get a second use per day assuming acquisition of a second book. Is there anything valuable enough to need it?

With the new IOTM we've got another HC item that could make a difference, maybe pushing toward the 2 day mark? As it's an auto-free-pull your script is already using it through the maximizer, though it doesn't understand how to bust ghosts. On the IOTM front, the detective school could potentially be helpful, assuming the ML food is manageable. If nothing else, visiting the precinct will get the badge, whichever one the player has access to, which could potentially be quite helpful. You could do a once a day call to Ezandora's detective solver (http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?20406-Detective-Solver) if the extra few moments of time are worthwhile, or at minimum quickly fail at three cases, which still gets you the 12 dollars a day if the food/booze is worthwhile.

Last edited: