ckb Standard Ascension

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
To me, it looks like your CCS at that stage is using WHAM to run combats (based on the print statement labeled "WHAM"), which looks like the script hadn't switched to ckb-custom.ccs (visible in your other session log snippet) for some reason or another.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
What is WHAM doing? You probably cannot have success without disabling other scripts that do things (like fight monsters). The script does some very essential things in combat now besides just killing (like digitizing writing desks).

Valliant

I have the css set to:

Code:
consult ckb-consult.ash
consult wham.ash

As I used to have problems with the ckb script, I put in WHAM as a backup for situations where the other failed. I'll pull it and see if it resolves the issue.

Just finished a two-dayer, using the script for most of day 1 and parts of day 2. Let's call it an "assisted" run.
Awesome work ckb, this is really a huge undertaking and you pulled through.

Sharing my notes and thoughts, hoping I won't come off as entitled (clarifying this because it's hard to convey emotion/attitude in text). Just my opinion, take it as you wish.

IoTM requirements- the first post doesn't mention it, but HCstd also casts Ceci N'Est Pas Un Chapeau (the "no hat" skill)- if it has the MP. It will also abort if you don't have the potted tea tree. Both of these are very easy to comment out, the script doesn't need either to run properly.

Day 1
Why use a shatter on KG king? Maybe save it for for more important targets like zombies in the alcove with the LT&T 1-turn buff

I've had multiple aborts on day1 due to having no meat to restore mp. I think the source of the problem is using a fish hatchet, which doesn't grant -3 to MP costs like the clarinet. Those 3MP really add up!
To make it worst, rerunning the script causes it to shrug AT buffs like sonata, and when it realizes it is still in the same spot- recast those exact same buffs (the end result being waste of precious MP).
Some ideas that might help the meat situation-
-add polka of plenty to the mood for the first 200 or so turns.
-autosell more things?
-use a more MP-conservative combat strategy (you don't need to cast "extract" every combat once you have enough source essence, for example. Can probably skip compress and use a little less "power-casting"- like multiple cannelloni cannon when you outstat the monster, even when taking into account the +ML)

At around lvl 9 I realized my exp gains were too low, and I'll run out of things to do before reaching lvl 10 so I took over. 2 way back in time fights and a lucky machine elf drop and I managed to pull through (with only 2 wasted turns on those time spinner fights).

As for the yellow sub- I've had terrible RNG with pixels whenever I tried to go for it. How likely is it to save turns over the dinghy? Going with the shore gives more breathing room to not run the puck all the time, and can delay digitizing the bloopers a bit.

Tally- finished the day with 202 turns played, banking 86, and only 8 turns of delay left on the airship (I decided against using a blaster), plus I manually finished the pirate fledges while leveling.

day 2
-Not enough meat for miracle whip. Not even close.... (I bought it myself later in the day, when meat wasn't an issue anymore)

YR's- I see you're no longer YR'ing for a mohawk wig. Why not use a viral vid on day 2 (assuming you can find a burly sidekick of course) and then get the hippy war outfit from the desert using the closet trick like the 2016 version? It's only one turn spent (or you might get lucky with drops while starting the war), and the wig saves more than a turn on average, I believe. (about a turn and a half?).

-In whitey's grove, it had the fish hatchet and the protonic pack equipped, negating the +com buffs and the hound. Probably shouldn't do that?

-While statis'ing the gremlins, clobber is too strong and it killed two gremlins before they revealed the tool/no tool message. Just toss a weaksauce and use the dictionary?

That's it. I'll probably do an "assisted" TT run next week, but for the myst classes I'll try to suppress my urge to help it, and see how it does on its own.
Again- a big THANK YOU, ckb.

Tom Sawyer

Indeed thanks for this script ckb!

Got a bit of puzzle on day 2. I am currently at the airship and level 10.5 but the script keeps aborting after 1 fight. It puts the slimeling back, pulls the puck man, then it aborts stating "That area is not available" I know this is kinda vague but where at level 10 is the script trying to go?

The airship is done in two parts over two days- the first part is YR'ing an amulet from the healer. Once you have an amulet, it will do some end of day things and tell you to nightcap with a hacked gibson.
On day 2 it should finish getting the s.o.c.k. (and use a turkey blaster- maybe that's what you're missing?) and move on to the castle.
Try finishing the airship and see if it knows how to move on to the castle? Or if you already did, try finishing whatever part of the castle you're currently on and let it try again. (it's relatively easy for mafia to go out of sync on which castle floor is open- there's no "key" item, and the in-game quest log doesn't say what stage of the castle you're on.)

ckb

Minion
Staff member
IoTM requirements- the first post doesn't mention it, but HCstd also casts Ceci N'Est Pas Un Chapeau (the "no hat" skill)- if it has the MP. It will also abort if you don't have the potted tea tree. Both of these are very easy to comment out, the script doesn't need either to run properly.
I will add an additional check for both of those so it does not abort. The script will use the hat if it needs to... mostly if you get lucky it is nice for the NS contests.

Why use a shatter on KG king? Maybe save it for for more important targets like zombies in the alcove with the LT&T 1-turn buff

I remember shattering the King so that the fight was easy, given that you needs have the KGE outfit on. Probably not strictly necessary, but it is safer.

I've had multiple aborts on day1 due to having no meat to restore mp. I think the source of the problem is using a fish hatchet, which doesn't grant -3 to MP costs like the clarinet. Those 3MP really add up!
To make it worst, rerunning the script causes it to shrug AT buffs like sonata, and when it realizes it is still in the same spot- recast those exact same buffs (the end result being waste of precious MP).
Some ideas that might help the meat situation-
-add polka of plenty to the mood for the first 200 or so turns.
-autosell more things?
-use a more MP-conservative combat strategy (you don't need to cast "extract" every combat once you have enough source essence, for example. Can probably skip compress and use a little less "power-casting"- like multiple cannelloni cannon when you outstat the monster, even when taking into account the +ML)
Welcome to being a mus class. One of the reasons the script uses a fish hatchet day 1 as a mus class is to just smack things instead of spell sling. This might need some more tuning... I only did 1 run this way.
I was also under the (false) idea that extract and compress were 0-MP cost so I had those fire all the time. I have adjusted that.
And as a mus class you will need to autosell lots of stuff to maintain meat. I do not have that in the script, but I definitely did that myself. I will look over what I did and see if I can add something easily to accommodate that.

At around lvl 9 I realized my exp gains were too low, and I'll run out of things to do before reaching lvl 10 so I took over. 2 way back in time fights and a lucky machine elf drop and I managed to pull through (with only 2 wasted turns on those time spinner fights).
The script should abort if it can't get to the level it needs on time. Usually this is because you got lucky and went through the quests faster than expected. Time fights are the way to go if necessary.

As for the yellow sub- I've had terrible RNG with pixels whenever I tried to go for it. How likely is it to save turns over the dinghy? Going with the shore gives more breathing room to not run the puck all the time, and can delay digitizing the bloopers a bit.
I am on the fence on this one. You need to go to 8-bit realm anyway for the blooper / white pixels, so I get the pixels for the sub. It is definitely more swingy, but has potential to be faster.

day 2
-Not enough meat for miracle whip. Not even close.... (I bought it myself later in the day, when meat wasn't an issue anymore)

This is fixed so it tried to buy the whip much later in day 2 when meat should not be an issue for those pesky mus classes.

YR's- I see you're no longer YR'ing for a mohawk wig. Why not use a viral vid on day 2 (assuming you can find a burly sidekick of course) and then get the hippy war outfit from the desert using the closet trick like the 2016 version? It's only one turn spent (or you might get lucky with drops while starting the war), and the wig saves more than a turn on average, I believe. (about a turn and a half?).

I think this is also close to a wash. It would be easy to change if it is a real benefit.

-In whitey's grove, it had the fish hatchet and the protonic pack equipped, negating the +com buffs and the hound. Probably shouldn't do that?
This is a factor of prioritizing item find over +combat. such are the subtleties of the modifier maximizer.

-While statis'ing the gremlins, clobber is too strong and it killed two gremlins before they revealed the tool/no tool message. Just toss a weaksauce and use the dictionary?
I never saw this problem in my runs, but I can make an adjustment to use a weaker stasis.

Got a bit of puzzle on day 2. I am currently at the airship and level 10.5 but the script keeps aborting after 1 fight. It puts the slimeling back, pulls the puck man, then it aborts stating "That area is not available" I know this is kinda vague but where at level 10 is the script trying to go?
That is weird. Sounds like it is not recognizing finishing finding the SOCK. Try 'refresh quests' and 'refresh inv' and try again maybe?

Lastly, I found another bug where it is obtaining 2 filthworm royal guard scent glands. Oops. This is also being worked on.
Hope to have all these fixes in place in another day or two, but all will be untested as I am not in a run.

Last edited:

Pazleysox

Function 'chateauCast( skill )' undefined. This script may require a more recent version of KoLmafia and/or its supporting scripts. (ckb-SCstd.ash, line 106)

very first running of the script...

here's line 106
Code:
	chateauCast($skill[Advanced Saucecrafting]);

xKiv

I will add an additional check for both of those so it does not abort. The script will use the hat if it needs to... mostly if you get lucky it is nice for the NS contests.

Doesn't it need 150 moxie to equip?

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Doesn't it need 150 moxie to equip?

I guess it does. I'll move this to the NS contests section with a lot of conditionals. Might still be useful if you have >=150 mox and get lucky with an offstat bonus.

Also - scripts updated on SVN.
(including the SCStd script, which will now just abort because it is not done instead of throwing an error)

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
150 is high enough of an offstat that unless you're power leveling to 15 or something, it's extremely unlikely you'll hit it. It's essentially only relevant for moxie classes (and BIG!), barring the pasta thrall + outfit exploit that I'm pretty sure is fixed now.

Welcome to being a mus class. One of the reasons the script uses a fish hatchet day 1 as a mus class is to just smack things instead of spell sling. This might need some more tuning... I only did 1 run this way.
I was also under the (false) idea that extract and compress were 0-MP cost so I had those fire all the time. I have adjusted that.
That should help

The script should abort if it can't get to the level it needs on time. Usually this is because you got lucky and went through the quests faster than expected. Time fights are the way to go if necessary.
Yes, I aborted it ahead of time precisely because I knew it would abort, so I put more emphasis on +exp while doing level 8 stuff manually. I was just letting you know how the script was doing for me, not suggesting it was unexpected behavior.

This is fixed so it tried to buy the whip much later in day 2 when meat should not be an issue for those pesky mus classes.
Sounds good.

This is a factor of prioritizing item find over +combat. such are the subtleties of the modifier maximizer.
I thought I remembered you unequipping -com gear whenever +com is desired (like in the f'c'le, where +item is also wanted), but I guess I was mistaken.
You probably know this, but you -could- make the maximizer not use a specific item by adding "-equip whatever" to the maximizer request. Between all the skill perms & iotms the script requires, anyone using this should be able to reach 300% to cap the drops in whitey's. (and in the f'c'le, which might have the same problem, I didn't test).

I never saw this problem in my runs, but I can make an adjustment to use a weaker stasis.
Thanks! I think it was the astral shirt's prismatic damage that was hitting for too much.

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

I just discovered if the script is trying to make food or booze and it fails it will then skip it and just run out of turns. Not sure what food or booze it wants day 1 around level 6 or 7 but perhaps a loop could be added to check for this?

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I just discovered if the script is trying to make food or booze and it fails it will then skip it and just run out of turns. Not sure what food or booze it wants day 1 around level 6 or 7 but perhaps a loop could be added to check for this?

This is not helpful to debug. Can you be more specific? What was the error? How do you know it failed? What happened just before or after? Was it trying to eat or drink?

Tom Sawyer

True enough ckb. Ok I was level 6. 5 playing as an accordion thief. The first break occurred when it did not have any space jellyfish spooky jelly while it was adventuring in the boss bat lair and suggested adventure in the spooky forest. I switched to the spectral jellyfish and did a couple turns and got the spleen jelly. I had to manually fight the beefy bats as it kept trying to use a saucepan to fight and it would reach combat turn 28. After defeating the boss bat manually and running the script again it wanted to make a hacked gibson but had not gathered any source prior. I ended up manually drinking and it carried on but my choice must have been subpar as I ran out of turns before it could eat and ended up manually eating and then using the astral energy drink at 8.5.

Just wanted to say that the change to compress and extract really made a big difference to MP use and meat-management. It still aborted occasionally because it ran out of meat, but there was a significant improvement over last run (both being seal clubber HC runs).

edit:
day 2, just had a problem...
1. I aborted just before the ninja snowmen part, to manually use my leftover compounded exp and free rests because I had a few turns left a +musc exp buff (from an "abstraction: purpose" used yesterday). Doing this took me from level 10 to 11.
2. I restarted the script. It went to the ninja snowman, to digitize, as expected. (start of day, after getting the 3 ores) It buffed +com, grabbed the hound, again, as expected.
3. After one adv decided it was a good time to calculate a frat warrior with spooky jelly.
4. It chewed a spooky jelly, said "attempting to heal" and then....
5. Went for another adventure at the ninja snowman- wasting the jelly.
6. I aborted.

Here are my numberology stats right after chewing the jelly, but before the wrong adventure-
ascensions 155, lvl 11, spleen used 1, adv left 126, knoll sign. Input this to ezandora's calculator, and you CAN'T get the result of 51. If the script thought I was still level 10, you CAN. Maybe it calculated off my old level, and when it realized it can't get the right result it moved on? Is that possible, considering "trycalcu" is part of an AFTER-adventure script, and mafia KNEW I was level 11, not 10?

TL:DR I guess you can file this under "script is not idiot proof", but not really sure.

(I removed my player name from the log because privacy)
Code:
[215] Rest in your bed in the Chateau
You gain 135 Beefiness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain a Level!

Using compounded experience (1 of 2)...
You gain 238 Strengthliness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 182 Smarm
You can now equip a giant discarded bottlecap (and possibly other things).
You gain a Moxie point!
You gain 176 Magicalness
You gain a Mysticality point!
Using compounded experience (2 of 2)...
You gain 253 Strengthliness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 194 Cheek
You gain some Moxie points!
You gain 177 Enchantedness
You gain some Mysticality points!
Finished using 2 compounded experience.

> call scripts\Ascension scripts\ckb-HCStd.ash

Cleared mood.
Conditions list cleared.
CCS set to ckb-custom
ckb-HCStd: Day 2!
ckb-Std: Getting Ninja climbing gear - Digitizing Assasin
Putting Joyously Tiptoeing the Machine Elf back into terrarium...
Taking Gronald the Jumpsuited Hound Dog out of terrarium...
Maximizing...
28 combinations checked, best score 29.62
Holding severed flipper...
Equipment changed.
Taking off protonic accelerator pack...
Equipment changed.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Somewhat Poisoned, uneffect Somewhat Poisoned
Set mood trigger: When I get Hardly Poisoned at All, uneffect Hardly Poisoned at All
Set mood trigger: When I get A Little Bit Poisoned, uneffect A Little Bit Poisoned
Set mood trigger: When I get Really Quite Poisoned, uneffect Really Quite Poisoned
Set mood trigger: When I get Majorly Poisoned, uneffect Majorly Poisoned
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Springy Fusilli, cast 1 Springy Fusilli
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance, cast 1 Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance
You acquire an intrinsic: Spirit of Wormwood
Spirit of Wormwood was successfully cast.
Set mood trigger: When I get The Sonata of Sneakiness, uneffect Sonata of Sneakiness
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Musk of the Moose, cast 1 Musk of the Moose
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Empathy, cast 1 Empathy of the Newt
Casting Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation (10)
Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation was successfully cast.
Casting Empathy of the Newt 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Empathy (5)
Empathy of the Newt was successfully cast.
Mood swing complete.

[215] Your Witchess Set
Encounter: Witchess Puzzles
You acquire an effect: Puzzle Champ (25)
Source Terminal: educate digitize.edu
Source Terminal used.
Source Terminal: educate compress.edu
Source Terminal used.

Casting Empathy of the Newt 5 times...
You acquire an effect: Empathy (25)
Empathy of the Newt was successfully cast.

Visit to McLarge: Lair of the Ninja Snowmen in progress...

[215] Lair of the Ninja Snowmen
Encounter: Ninja Snowman
Strategy: C:\Boaz\Mafia\2\ccs\ckb-custom.ccs [default]
Round 0: XX wins initiative!
Round 1: You lose 1 hit point
ckb-consult: Round 1: Fighting a Ninja Snowman (Hilt/Mask) at Lair of the Ninja Snowmen with 42 ML
Round 1: XX executes a macro!
Round 1: XX casts SUMMON LOVE MOSQUITO!
Round 2: Ninja Snowman (Hilt/Mask) takes 10 damage.
Round 2: You gain 10 hit points
Round 2: XX uses the Time-Spinner!
Round 3: Ninja Snowman (Hilt/Mask) drops 6 attack power.
Round 3: Ninja Snowman (Hilt/Mask) drops 5 defense.
Round 3: XX casts COWBOY KICK!
Round 4: Ninja Snowman (Hilt/Mask) takes 12 damage.
Round 4: XX casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
Round 5: XX attacks!
Round 6: Ninja Snowman (Hilt/Mask) takes 76 damage.
Round 6: XX attacks!
Round 7: Ninja Snowman (Hilt/Mask) takes 81 damage.
Round 7: XX wins the fight!
After Battle: Gronald does a couple of karate moves, then swivels his hips and gyrates his pelvis.
You acquire an item: frigid ninja stars
You acquire an item: normal barrel
You acquire an item: li'l ninja costume
After Battle: You gain 30 Strongness
You gain a Muscle point!
After Battle: You gain 9 Enchantedness
After Battle: You gain 12 Smarm

using: 1 normal barrel
Using 1 normal barrel...
You acquire an item: a little sump'm sump'm
Finished using 1 normal barrel.
using: 1 moist barrel
Using 1 moist barrel...
You acquire an item: giant moxie weed
Finished using 1 moist barrel.
ckb-Std: Trying for Frat Warrior Outfit
Internal checkpoint created.
Putting Gronald the Jumpsuited Hound Dog back into terrarium...
Taking WKM the Puck Man out of terrarium...
Maximizing...
1 combinations checked, best score 0.00
Maximizing...
48 combinations checked, best score 56.79
Holding fish hatchet...
Equipment changed.
Putting on protonic accelerator pack...
Equipment changed.
Chewing 1 spooky jelly...
You gain 20 Fortitude
You gain 18 Magicalness
You gain 20 Sarcasm
You acquire an effect: Spooky Jellied (50)
Finished chewing 1 spooky jelly.
Holding severed flipper...
Equipment changed.
Taking off protonic accelerator pack...
Equipment changed.
Putting WKM the Puck Man back into terrarium...
Taking Gronald the Jumpsuited Hound Dog out of terrarium...
ckb-Std: Attempting to heal

Visit to McLarge: Lair of the Ninja Snowmen in progress...

[216] Lair of the Ninja Snowmen
Encounter: Ninja Snowman Weaponmaster
Strategy: C:\Boaz\Mafia\2\ccs\ckb-custom.ccs [default]
Round 0: XX loses initiative!
Round 1: You lose 1 hit point
ckb-consult: Round 1: Fighting a Ninja Snowman Weaponmaster at Lair of the Ninja Snowmen with 42 ML
Round 1: XX executes a macro!
Round 1: XX casts SUMMON LOVE MOSQUITO!
Round 2: Ninja Snowman Weaponmaster takes 11 damage.
Round 2: You gain 11 hit points
Round 2: XX uses the Time-Spinner!
Round 3: Ninja Snowman Weaponmaster drops 6 attack power.
Round 3: Ninja Snowman Weaponmaster drops 6 defense.
Round 3: XX casts COWBOY KICK!
Round 4: Ninja Snowman Weaponmaster takes 13 damage.
Round 4: XX casts SUMMON LOVE GNATS!
Round 5: XX casts STUFFED MORTAR SHELL!
Round 6: XX casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 7: Ninja Snowman Weaponmaster takes 84 damage.
Round 7: Ninja Snowman Weaponmaster takes 180 damage.
Round 7: XX wins the fight!
Your familiar gains a pound: Gronald, the 13 lb. Jumpsuited Hound Dog
After Battle: Gronald does a couple of karate moves, then swivels his hips and gyrates his pelvis.
You acquire an item: ridiculously overelaborate ninja weapon
You acquire an item: frozen nunchaku
You acquire an item: frigid ninja stars
You acquire an item: frigid hankyū
You acquire an item: normal barrel
After Battle: You gain 32 Beefiness
After Battle: You gain 10 Wizardliness
After Battle: You gain 17 Cheek

using: 1 normal barrel
Using 1 normal barrel...
You acquire an item: pink pony
KoLmafia declares world peace.

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

ckb

finished with zero turns left as the AT.

Going to try again only this time for the first few turns I am going to try to grab 10 source and possibly the spooky jelly so that it will have it to use

Tom Sawyer

Ok this run has started 100 percent more on track. Running as an accordion thief. I allowed the script to do all the first turn chocies such as the time spinner, detective ect.

I watched it closely, saw it choose the source terminal to educate, the golden monkey, and start in the sleazy back alley. I hit stop, switched the source terminal to extract, grabbed the space jelly and went to the forest instead. Got lucky turn one with a mummy and he dropped the spooky jelly and 3 extracts. I went back to the monkey and back alley. Got more extractions and yoink I think in 4 or 5 turns along with powered gold.

Gave control back to the script and it had no problem in the boss bats. Did not break until the dirty old liche as mp had run low and i finished the combat.

Going to continue to watch and try to make notes where it goes off track.

Ok it reached the goats and level 8.5 Could not defeat a goat so I had to finish that combat. Let it run which it did. As it was collecting pixels it ran out turns with food at 3, drunk at 10, and spleen at 5. Perhaps that goat abort caused it to reset and not eat or drink something it should have?

Last edited:
I watched it closely, saw it choose the source terminal to educate, the golden monkey, and start in the sleazy back alley. I hit stop, switched the source terminal to extract

Is your terminal fully upgraded? It sounds like you don't have a DRAM chip installed, which is the one that allows you to keep two skills at the same time.

As it was collecting pixels it ran out turns with food at 3
Something is definitely wrong. It always eats from 0 to 15 to make full use of milk, and it only eats AFTER the goatlet is done.
Are you missing any required IOTM's? Did you manually eat anything? (it won't eat if fullness isn't zero) And if not- what did the script eat, and when? And did you have enough source essence?
On day 1, it is supposed to eat: 1 fortune cookie, 1 browser cookie, 2 jumping horseradish, and time-spinner eat 2 more browser cookies.
If it couldn't eat the first browser cookie, it couldn't time-spin the other two, leaving you with 3 fullness.

Last edited: