Time to update this I suppose?

things the script uses and are now out of standard-
    winter garden (OUCH)
    DNA lab
    galloping grill
    fist turkey
    crimbo sapling
    clan speaksy
    grimstone golem (was used to get dowsing rod)

SC-
    Buddy bjorn, pete's jacket, thor's pliers, ice sculpture & frost flower (from wintergarden), Xiblaxian stealth stuff.

stuff the script can use, but doesn't yet-
    intergnat (there might be minimal support as a fairy, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't take advantage of bacon or the new demon)
    mayo clinic- replaces DNA
    source terminal, detective school, protonic accelerator pack, time-spinner, tot, thanksgarden, gingerbread (is there anything ascension relevant other than a mini-shattering punch?), the new IOTM (which might be a little fiddly, spading pending) and IOTY.

That's.. quite a bit of work.

Well, I am mostly (90%) done with the HC version. But that last 10% seems to be pretty buggy. I did my last HC AT run with it, and ended up with 2/568, which was good enough for the #4 spot on the leaderboard.

This vexes me. I am vexed.

A 2 day HC run is a pretty powerful thing, and I am hesitant to just give away this away so early in the season. And this was done without the Jellyfish or the candle, which would speed things up even more. I need a few more runs of tweaking and some thought about how/when to release.

Oh, you're fast. (not the run, the scripting!).

And yes, I understand the hesitation about releasing. Some of my leaderboard runs (last year) used the script extensively, but it had personal tweaks and I still did some parts manually when I wanted to optimize further.

Let me know if you need help with anything.

Ha - not really as fast as it seems as I was (mostly) keeping the script up through 2016. My last run through HC in 2016 was without any 2016 items, just to see what was possible.

Curious about your "personal tweaks"... Can you elaborate? If they are effective and useful, I can add them to the script.

Is it possible to run the script through a "normal" ascension? I wouldn't mind having the ability to do a 2 day ascension!

I am not sure what you mean by "normal". If you mean Softcore, then yes, I expect it to do 2-day SC runs when it is ready. The 2015 and 2016 versions did.

Curious about your "personal tweaks"... Can you elaborate? If they are effective and useful, I can add them to the script.
    Originally Posted by ckb View Post
    Oh, I didn't really script that much. Mostly adjusting to things I didn't have at the time so it wouldn't abort all the time trying to use familiars I don't own and such. I only changed the script if it wouldn't play along nicely with my manual changes since it was faster than re-writing and testing.
    The rest of it was using an alias to manually call specific parts when I wanted to run them, after setting it up better.

Examples- using batter up! and forcing a dented scepter when playing seal clubber, skipping spookyraven's first floor with a painted writing desk and digitize (slightly improved quest tracking so it'll stop trying the old fashioned way), terminal things like portscan and duplicate, using deck cheats slightly differently, DNA weird instead of construct (irrelevant in 2017), shuffling shattering punch to maximize use of LT&T skills, taking advantage of intergnat as appropriate, time-spinner... Nothing you can't learn by seeing what speedrunners do.

Feel free to use the ideas if they are better than what your current version does, but if you're already scripting HC 2 dayers it probably won't make a huge difference.

@ckb Well if you do release this as a 2017 update I will say thanks in advance. I have been using kol proxy for some time now for the silly goal of reaching 1k HC accessions. Something must have changed and now it breaks on the desert part of the mcguffin quest. My coding skills are zip lol

My last run failed to get to the end within 2 HC days. Still some tweaking to do (but it was easy to finish on the 3rd day). Needed another 32 adventures. And likely better RNG.
    I will probably get derailed for a bit by whatever challenge path comes next (or Eldritch world event), so hoping to be mostly done before then.

So is a 2/3 day HC run split largely controlled by RNG reasonable to release? Your script has been my favorite since its release, and I'm definitely looking forward to the 2017 revision.