Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ckb Standard Ascension

Default ckb Standard Ascension

ckb Standard Ascension Script

This is a skill and item heavy ascension script. It will (mostly) reliably do a 2-day SC run or a 2 or 3-day HC run. There are separate scripts for each.

Code:
    svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/ckbstd/code/

For HardCore:
    Any class will work.
    Take astral shirt or astral pet sweater, Knoll sign (tuned to your mainstat), Astral energy drinks.
    Chateau Painting = writing desk
    Swiss piggy bank
    mainstat rest item
    Mayo Clinic
    Thanksgarden
    cowboy boots with +20 to ML, +20% Item

The script will attempt the finish 2017 HC in 2 days. If it does not think it can make it, it will stop before the Island War and finish on day 3.

For SoftCore:
    Any class will work.
    Take astral pet sweater, Knoll sign (tuned to your mainstat), Astral energy drinks
    Chateau Painting = writing desk
    Swiss piggy bank
    mainstat rest item
    Mayo Clinic
    Thanksgarden
    cowboy boots with +20 to ML, +20% Item

Notes:
    Make sure the "Breakfast" login checkbox is NOT checked.

I wrote this firstly to hunt factoids and HC/SC Standard reward items. Mostly because finding those last factoids for the tower guardians was a pain and seemed to take forever. This started as a 2-day SC script, but was later adapted to do 3-day HC runs too.
    The script and combat was designed to run fast, which means it is not necessarily optional always. This script macro-ifies all (or most) combats, so they run quickly (and also open loop).
    There are some key things it does that the script needs, so if you tinker with it and replace it, make sure it does the same things in the same places (like use items or copy monsters).
    The script will also change your before and after adventure scripts to its own. The script will change your counter script to use its own. You should note this and change them back when you are done. This is kind of unkind scripting, but it works for me, so I am warning you here.

Requirements:
    The script has heavy requirements, and without lots of IOTMs and skills, it will likely fail. I have all the skills and all the items, so it was written to use them. If you lack something it needs, it likely will not succeed. These lists below may not be complete, but give you an idea.

Skills:
    Leash of Linguini, Springy Fusilli, Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, The Polka of Plenty, Astral Shell, Elemental Saucesphere, Reptilian Fortitude, The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith, The Moxious Madrigal, Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance, Pride of the Puffin, Drescher's Annoying Noise, Empathy of the Newt, Singer's Faithful Ocelot, Flavour of Magic, The Magical Mojomuscular Melody, Blessing of the Storm Tortoise, Bind Spice Ghost, Song of Sauce, Moxie of the Mariachi, Disco Aerobics, Blubber Up, Disco Smirk, Musk of the Moose, Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, sonata of sneakiness, smooth movement, Cletus's Canticle of Celerity, Walberg's Dim Bulb, Suspicious Gaze, Song of Slowness, Disco Leer, Scarysauce, The Ode to Booze, Ambidextrous Funkslinging, Snarl of the Timberwolf, Dirge of Dreadfulness, cadenza, transcendent olfaction, curse of weaksauce, saucegeyser, thrust-smack, Stuffed Mortar Shell, shell up, Cannelloni Cannon, Snokebomb, Shattering Punch, Calculate the Universe, Garbage Nova, Rotten Memories, Pyromania, Beardfreeze

Items:
    VIP key, The Crown of Ed the Undying, Chateau Mantegna room key, bottle of lovebug pheromones, Pack of Every Card, haunted doghouse, Thanksgarden, Mayo Clinic, Snojo, Barrel God, LT&T, Witchess, LT&T, Time-Spinner, protonic accelerator pack, detective school application, Source terminal (fully upgraded), The Tunnel of L.O.V.E.
    Note some of the items are only applicable to SC.

Familiars:
    Puck Man, Slimeling, Hobo Monkey, Oily Woim/Xiblaxian Holo-Companion, Jumpsuited Hound Dog, Machine Elf, Rockin' Robin, Intergnat, Trick-or-Treating Tot, Space Jellyfish.
    Last edited by ckb; 05-24-2017 at 01:24 AM.

More notes:

The script now runs through the NS tower (mostly). It will stop to make you buff for the Tower Contests manually (Init, elemental, offstat). Once you have passed all those tests, re-run the script. It will fight the guardians and climb the tower and kill the NS.

You should definitely watch this as it runs. Something might get messed up. I hope not, but I can't guarantee it. A day's run of adventures is only 20 minutes or so (its fast), but if something looks wrong, abort it and check. Re-running it will just pick up where it left off.
    I have made a large number of runs with it, but also tweaks, and you only get 1 shot at debugging per run. Last run I stepped away and it burned an extra 120 advs in the Spooky forest. Be warned.

Also, there are a few places it could get more optimal and more efficient. I would gladly take suggestions and feedback. This is one driver for me releasing this - It could use some help and robustness that will come with more runs.

Open items:
    • More refinement of the Nun Trick to not abort if it needs 1 more adventure for guarantee end of quest as a Frat.

SoftCore 2017 pull list (make sure you have these in Hagnks - running the SCStd.ash script outside of a run will check for these items):
    • The Crown of Ed the Undying
    • clockwork pirate skull
    • swashbuckling pants
    • stuffed shoulder parrot
    • Shore Inc. Ship Trip Scrip
    • star key lime pie
    • star chart
    • Spooky-Gro fertilizer
    • replica bat-oomerang
    • gravy boat
    • ninja carabiner
    • ninja crampons
    • ninja rope
    • disposable instant camera
    • digital KL pie
    • Hero KL pie
    • blackberry galoshes
    • wet stew
    • drum machine
    • Shore Inc. Ship Trip Scrip
    • killing jar
    • "trapperOre"
    • smut orc keepsake box
    • rusty hedge trimmers
    • Mohawk wig
    • book of matches
    • star
    • line
    • white pixel
    • facsimile dictionary
    • tennis ball
    • amulet of extreme plot significance
    Last edited by ckb; 05-20-2017 at 02:31 AM.

Thank you very much - this looks very promising!

I tried the Softcore script today and ran into the following:

1. ckb-SCstd.ash calls WarAdvance() which is nowhere defined
    2. it installs a CCS that calls "consult ckb-consult.ash", but this script isn't included in the svn checkout

I'm quite happy to continue trying to use it :-)

Kind regards,

[0-9]

1. ckb-SCstd.ash calls WarAdvance() which is nowhere defined
    2. it installs a CCS that calls "consult ckb-consult.ash", but this script isn't included in the svn checkout
    Originally Posted by zeroToNine View Post
    Fixed both. #1 was from a modification to the HC script that did not get propagated to the SC version. #2 was me forgetting to commit that.

Having just installed this for the first time, using the KoL Mafia version 16512, ckb-SCstd.ash got me "No matching CCS found!" Is there some installation step that I missed?

Separately, I get the difference between HCStd.ash and SCStd.ash, but what's Standard.ash? Casual standard?

Having just installed this for the first time, using the KoL Mafia version 16512, ckb-SCstd.ash got me "No matching CCS found!" Is there some installation step that I missed?

Separately, I get the difference between HCStd.ash and SCStd.ash, but what's Standard.ash? Casual standard?
    Originally Posted by Valliant View Post
    CCS should be fixed now (I had the wrong entry for the SC ccs script).
    Also, the HCStd.ash does the HC run, SCStd.ash does the SC run, and Standard.ash is all the support functions to do the actual quests.

Lastly, all my past runs were HC, so I feel good about the HC script running smoothly. I have not done a SC run since my HC updates, so let me know if you run into any other issues.

Code:
    Council of Loathing

Welcome, Adventurer. Your first order of business should be to visit the Toot Oriole. He lives atop Mt. Noob, in the Big Mountains.

Talking to the Crackpot Mystic
    Accepting quest to find the Untinker's screwdriver

Visiting the Untinker
    Untinkering clockwork pirate skull...
    untinker * clockwork pirate skull

Visiting the Untinker
    Accepting quest to find the Untinker's screwdriver

Visiting the Untinker
    untinker * clockwork pirate skull
    Successfully untinkered clockwork pirate skull
    Verifying ingredients for enchanted eyepatch (1)...
    You need 1 more eyepatch to continue.
    It then stopped. I have not yet visited the Oriole, the woods is still closed, I still have a clockwork pirate skull in inventory.

It looks like it tries to untinker the clockwork pirate skull before visiting the Toot Oriole and returning to the Council to get the quest for the mosquito, which unlocks the woods.

EDIT: Visiting the Oriole, selling the gems, talking to the crazy old man, unlocking the untinkerer and getting the eyepatch manually. Ran the script again, which restarted it from scratch, pulling items from Hangks. Being able to recover when it hangs would be good, if possible.
    Last edited by Valliant; 12-04-2015 at 08:08 PM.

So, I'm looking at a dead Naughy Sorceress, ten adventures left, and a brand-new polyester panama hat at day #2, 532 turns played.

Thank you very much!

I did have to modify ckb-SCstd.ash to not include the call to

set_property("customCombatScript","ckb1-aftercore.ccs");
    and I also had to make SCDay2 to not abort even though I'm not ckb1.

Also, I had to get some clockwork pirate skulls and spectral pickles prior to ascending, and I had to manually do some levelling. Also also, the script stopped before the NS quest, but apparently had prepared everything including the keys, so that was very easy to do.

So, this indeed makes it much much easier to get some polyester near the end of the year. Thank you very much again!!

That 2/532 run sounds about right. So looks like it was (mostly) working.
    I fixed the ccs issue some more, and got rid of that abort that I missed earlier.

The SC script, if you run it in aftercore, will check the list of pull requirements.That may be helpful for setup (though you can buy some stuff in-run if you need to).
    Also, the script does not yet finish the NS tower. Partially because this is easy to do manually, partially because I originally wrote it to hunt tower guardian factoids and I wanted to do those fights manually, and partly because I just have not yet gotten around to it.

It then stopped. I have not yet visited the Oriole, the woods is still closed, I still have a clockwork pirate skull in inventory.

It looks like it tries to untinker the clockwork pirate skull before visiting the Toot Oriole and returning to the Council to get the quest for the mosquito, which unlocks the woods.

EDIT: Visiting the Oriole, selling the gems, talking to the crazy old man, unlocking the untinkerer and getting the eyepatch manually. Ran the script again, which restarted it from scratch, pulling items from Hangks. Being able to recover when it hangs would be good, if possible.
    Originally Posted by Valliant View Post
    That is really weird. Looks like something got really confused somehow. The first thing the SC script does is pull 20 items for the day. So if it is trying to untinker without the skull, then something went all borked indeed. I added a bit more redundancy check for Day1 pull to avoid future issues (hopefully).