kludged-together combat consult script

Bale

Minion
One more bug fix to make shieldbutt work properly. This was was somewhat serious. It is amazing that this script used to work at all.

Attachments

• casualcombat.ash
    13.2 KB · Views: 67

mredge73

I just completed a rewrite using Bale's latest post as a reference.
My rewrite requires FTF, SS, and Zlib.

It will call FTF and SS before executing the combat so you no longer will need to have FTF before you casualcombat in your ccs.

I am assuming that whoever is reading this is familiar with FTF, SS, and Zlib and already have them in downloaded in your script folder.

...the file size keeps shrinking

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I don't mind folding SS and FTF into this script, but your script is a big clusterfuck because you didn't differentiate rounds of combat or recognize that an action was taken so it should return to the beginning.

As it is, it will first check to see if the monster needs special handling and do one attack with the monster's special handling, then check for spring raindrop attack, then decide to throw bang potions if some aren't identified, then attack with weapon (even if the monster is physically immune), then it will shieldbutt, then lunging-thrust smack, then thrust-smack, then... Well, you get the idea and the script doesn't even realize we've finished the first round of combat.

Also, it really annoys me that you entirely changed my preferred formatting to yours, though that isn't the biggest complaint.

mredge73

oops...
This should make it less clusterfucked but Bale will still be annoyed.

Attachments

• casualcombat.ash
    13 KB · Views: 51

Rinn

Developer
I don't see why you'd add FTF and SS directly into the script, there's really no reason someone couldn't just add another entry into their CCS. The more you try to do with one script the more confusing it's going to be.

For example my default CCS is currently:
Code:
[ default ]
1: consult SmartStasis.ash
2: consult raindrop.ash
3: consult flyer.ash
4: consult FeatherExpress.ash
5: note Roc Feather
6: special
10: consult action.ash
Different actions are separated out into different steps, additionally I have other scripts that identify potions and spheres (from before mafia automatically handed it), using mayfly bait, using spooky putty, doing a disco combos, etc. I think you'd go a long way into creating a package of small one task consult scripts rather then a giant confusing mess of a single one. The script that is tasked with actually killing a monster is going to be a big enough mess as it is. I'm just trying to help you out here, I tried to do the same kind of thing a long time ago (before consult scripts were allowed to return without taking an action) and it was one of the hardest things I wrote to maintain for myself so I dropped it.

Oh also:
Code:
boolean is_physically_resistant(monster m)
{
    switch (m)
    {      
        case $monster[chalkdust wraith]:
        case $monster[ghost miner]:
        case $monster[Snow Queen]:
        case $monster[ancient protector spirit]:
        case $monster[Protector Spectre]:
            return true;        
    }

return false;
}

Last edited:

mredge73

I am not good enough at executing combat during the game manually to actually tackle a CCS from the bottom up. I thought I would just help a little by rewriting this one. I included FTF and SS because I wanted to use some of Zarqon's tools and I did not want the script to repeat an action that FTF or SS already completed. With FTF before casual combat it would sometimes cast entangling noodles twice or flyer twice or so on. I just wanted them to work together, this is the problem that I have found with chaining multable ccs scripts from different authors. The script is working fine for me now but it needs some polish. If the action that I took is not suitable to the needs of the community we can start over from the previous version.