Bug - Fixed That 70s Volcano choices don't appear in GUI

Darzil

Developer
They are clearly loaded successfully, as the choice adventures appear in the relay browser, but don't even seem to make it to the GUI. I've been trying to work out why, but hit a blank wall so far. They do not even seem to exist by the time this.addChoiceSelect is hit in ChoiceOptionsPanel, though.

PeKaJe

That's because they should be using ChoiceAdventure() and not ChoiceSpoiler(). I've been wondering why so many of them have been getting the latter, when the former is more useful in most situations.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Which "so many of them" prior to the volcano are you referring to? If you've noticed choice adventures that are useful to configure in the GUI but have not been added there, I assume you submitted bug reports, right?

PeKaJe

Those seem to be the ones. But as I was in Bad Moon I didn't want to submit a report just yet, in case that might be why they weren't showing. Now that I'm out I could verify that the choices weren't there even with access to the zone, and tacked my observation onto this thread. I had been watching the code being added for a while, and several commits had been with ChoiceSpoiler rather than ChoiceAdventure.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member

Is there any reason for the 4 parameter version of ChoiceSpoiler to exist? Removing the zone parameter seems like it would make that mistake less likely while losing nothing, but maybe I'm overlooking somewhere that it actually gets used.