Bug - Fixed Combat Filter weirdness with Funkslinging

Theraze

Regarding 3, what it seems most users do initially when they don't want to funksling a second item is put in a comma with nothing afterwards.

I'd suggest only adding a second item if no comma is on the initial item line. Whether the user has defined an item or a lack of item that they'd like to funksling, they've made a conscious decision as to what they'd like mafia to do in their combat rounds.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You know, it would have been nice if you had posted this in thread where we discussing "how to specify you don't want Funkslinging", rather than on a thread which I split off from that since it was discussing something else.

It would also have been nice if you had responded to my "this is what I did" announcement.

In any case, I moved this to the correct thread.

I am curious how you know what "most users do initially". Regardless, revision 17519 allows you to omit the second item OR explicitly say "none". In the former case, it will convert it to "none", for clarity.

xKiv

I don't know about "do initially", but it's what I always thought is supposed to tell mafia to not funksling. It came up a several times, and at least a couple of times I posted that as a recommendation ... then either was told it doesn't work, or checked the source on my own and discovered it can't work.

Theraze

You know, it would have been nice if you had posted this in thread where we discussing "how to specify you don't want Funkslinging", rather than on a thread which I split off from that since it was discussing something else.

It would also have been nice if you had responded to my "this is what I did" announcement.

In any case, I moved this to the correct thread.

I am curious how you know what "most users do initially". Regardless, revision 17519 allows you to omit the second item OR explicitly say "none". In the former case, it will convert it to "none", for clarity.

Sorry - at the point I loaded the window, I thought I had been in the right window and saw the text above. I must have clicked off to this one and misposted. Sorry. :(

But based on the 'most do initially' thing, it's based on my memory (only as reliable as, well) of people posting when their funkslinging didn't work as they expected. As xKiv posted, it's been posted as a recommendation as well, though it didn't actually work before today.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You just needed for somebody who cared enough about it fix it. That person was not me, until I started writing my own combat filters.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yes. If you say "item NAME1," or "item NAME1,none", when it eventually is time to add the request fields to fight.php to throw the items, "none" as the second item is treated as "I don't have Funkslinging" and only a single item will be submitted, just as if you really don't have Funkslinging.