Bug - Not A Bug [Staff of Ed] has no matches.

Bale

Minion
Aardvark posted in G-D forum's mafia thread:

Code:
> create Staff of Ed

[Staff of Ed] has no matches.

Is there another way to automate this? Or does KoLmafia handle it automagically after completing the desert exploration and I've never noticed because I insist on creating the item myself?

I tried this in reverse:
Code:
[COLOR="#808000"]> untinker staff of ed[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"][staff of ed] has no matches.[/COLOR]

There are two different items called [Staff of Ed]. I was under the impression that mafia was automatically disambiguating them based on current ascension path.

Has Darzil's recent (necessary) changes to item filtering broken that?

Last edited:

Theraze

Nope, that never worked. I made a FReq for it, but it didn't gain any traction. You need to define the item by number instead.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I will point out that if you click on the Pyramid in the Beach in the Relay Browser, it will automatically create the staff for you first, assuming you have the ingredients. If you want to create it yourself in the CLI, no. "Create [2325]" will probably work. Automatic disambiguation via path? No. You never need to "Create Path of Ed" unless you are NOT Ed.

Bale

Minion
Looks good. I imagined a feature that does not exist. Therefore nothing is broken. Definitely not a bug.

Crowther

I never need to create a Staff of Ed, but sometimes I want to create a Staff of Fats to speed up the billiard room.