Problem with Apple computer

Hellno

I just installed dropbox on my mac (with kolmafia inside it), and kolmafia doesn't seem to be able to read any existing files (such as scripts- showing me just an empty list, and if I try to import a script it shows the folder as empty). I assume there is some sort of permission I need to set but I'm clueless with apple products from after 1990, so hopefully someone can help me figure it all out! Thanks.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia is looking for its files in ~/Library/Application Support/KoLmafia, not in the folder with the jar file in it. You can add -DuseCWDasROOT to the line if you run the jar from Terminal. Or you can make a symbolic link between the Dropbox folder and where mafia expects the files to be.

Hellno

Awesome, thanks. Got it working with symlinks after some tinkering. Is it going to cause a problem with my PC that I now changed all backslashes to forward slashes (e.g. scripts\login.ash to scripts/login.ash) and if so it there a way around that? (edit: it appears / works just fine on windows)

Last edited:
Current versions of Windows deal with forward slashes just fine. There should be no problem at all just using those instead of the backslashes.