Bug Mafia tries to create bonerdagon necklace in-combat

antimarty

When I pickpocketed a hemp string while auto-adventuring, mafia tried to auto-create the bonerdagon necklace in-combat, resulting in a "You are currently in a fight." error message and stopping the auto-adventuring.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I don't think a session log would help much.

One solution is to check for being in combat in autoCreate() and just abort (or possibly defer it until end of combat?). Another solution is to just remove that item from the list of things that are autoCraft-ed, since it probably isn't important to many people and is the most likely thing to create weird cases like this. (One person mentioned in /hardcore that they gave up on trying mafia when it made 100 or so necklaces in the middle of their adventuring, because their dice gear gave them a hippy modifier.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
(One person mentioned in /hardcore that they gave up on trying mafia when it made 100 or so necklaces in the middle of their adventuring, because their dice gear gave them a hippy modifier.)
That is strange. A Bonerdagon necklace takes a "vertebra of the Bonerdagon" and a "hemp string". I can well understand why having the hippy modifier would give them a hemp string - and I have to say, I was delighted when KoLmafia made me a Bonerdagon necklace after I had defeated the Bonerdagon at MCD 10 (thereby getting the vertebra) and my hippy modifier gave me a hemp string.

But, how in the world did they end up with "100 vertebra of the Bonerdagon" in Hardcore? Charitably, I'd say they were lying.

And if they decided to pull 100 "vertebra of the Bonerdagon" (because they wern't actually in hardcore) and then they got 100 hemp strings because of the hippy modifier, and KoLmafia created 100 Bonerdagon necklaces (one at a time) which they didn't want, is there any reason they couldn't just untinker them?

Yeah. Enough charity. The person who said that shit in hardcore was just lying through their ass.

Which is to say, we don't need to pay any attention to them.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
They were in aftercore and had lots of both parts on hand. It happened seemingly at random in the middle of their adventuring, rather than at the start or end, so it made no sense to them until I explained it. Given that it was seemingly at random, they were worried about the other things mafia might unexpectedly do.

That necklace, and the badass belt, seem like they're very different from the other items covered by autoCraft. They are slightly useful rather than important for ascending. On the other hand, those were probably the first two items that autoCraft was for to begin with...