volcano_mining.ash - Automate mining of the Velvet/Gold Mine at That 70s Volcano

I mean, yes, the quick workaround is to have it on your gear or (as I ended up doing) pre-cast it all so it doesn't run out.

coandco

If an effect expires and brings your resistance below 15, the script stops, citing a lack of access to the Mine.

This mostly makes sense, but it took me a while to actually realize what was going on, because all the responsible effects were in my always-on mood.
Maybe it should try executing your current mood once and seeing if that fixes it, and only fully abort if it doesn't?

Sure, it's an easy fix. I've added in a configurable value to tell the script to maintain your mood while mining. To activate the behavior, update to the latest version of the script, run it once, then type "zlib vmine_moodexec = true" into your graphical CLI. Further runs of the script should re-up any effects in your mood while mining (as the script will now run "mood execute" after every adventure spent).

Bale

Minion
I noticed this script wasn't properly detecting the level of my heat resistance as a Beanslinger and consequently wasn't trying to equip the +2 heat resistance I needed. So I took a look at the script and didn't really like the way that hot15resist() worked at all. I simplified it for you in a way that makes it work much better. elemental_resistance() just wasn't the right function to use.

Try this!
Code:
boolean hot15resist() {
	return numeric_modifier("Hot Resistance") >= 15;
}

coandco

I noticed this script wasn't properly detecting the level of my heat resistance as a Beanslinger and consequently wasn't trying to equip the +2 heat resistance I needed. So I took a look at the script and didn't really like the way that hot15resist() worked at all. I simplified it for you in a way that makes it work much better. elemental_resistance() just wasn't the right function to use.

Try this!
Code:
boolean hot15resist() {
	return numeric_modifier("Hot Resistance") >= 15;
}

...Um, what? This script doesn't have a function named "hot15resist" or try to dynamically get your resistance high enough -- it just takes in an outfit name to equip and blindly uses that. Are you sure you're posting to the correct thread?

xKiv

...Um, what? This script doesn't have a function named "hot15resist" or try to dynamically get your resistance high enough -- it just takes in an outfit name to equip and blindly uses that. Are you sure you're posting to the correct thread?

It's in proffesorjellybean's minevolcano.ash, not in this volcano_mine.ash.

Bale

Minion
Oh. My bad. I confused the scripts!

I use the other one. I'll post there.

Last edited:

Capn

sorry i missed this somewhere in the thread, but:
What kind of meat per adventure returns does this script average? Im wondering if adding object detection and this script would noticeably improve on returns vs jellybean's script.

Is anyone else getting this error?

> svn checkout https://github.com/coandco/mafia-volcano-mining/trunk/

Starting Checkout...
Validating repo...
The requested repo failed validation. Complain to the script's author.
Done.

Yeah, I had to uninstall the script entirely because it was stopping the rest of the scripts from updating. I posted a bug report about svn update not completing when one script fails, but there hasn't been a single response for reasons I can't fathom.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I posted a bug report about svn update not completing when one script fails, but there hasn't been a single response for reasons I can't fathom.

It isn't an easy problem to solve, and it isn't affecting anyone with commit access. If it really bothers you enough, you could look into figuring out how to fix it yourself, and post a patch.

Your tone also doesn't lead to a lot of interest in fixing issues that affect you.

"It's not an easy to problem to solve, and we don't consider it to be much of a priority" would have satisfied me. No response at all just makes me feel like I'm being ignored.

As for fixing it myself - if I had the time to learn an entire new coding language, I would. Lacking that knowledge, I took the obvious choice of bringing it to the attention of those who already know the language.

Crowther

No response at all just makes me feel like I'm being ignored.
I guess you aren't used to bug reporting systems. No response is much better than someone closing it, which is what would happen if people thought it wasn't a valid bug. No response means, "Yes, that's a bug."

Malurth

Is there some reason why it always farms way less turns than I ask it to the first time? Every day, I run it, input my exact # of adventures available, and then it completes, leaving me with ~90 adv left. Then I run it again, inputting my new adventure total, and it runs down to 0, as it is presumably supposed to. It's a minor annoyance, since I just have to run it twice a day, but I'd of course prefer to only have to run it once. I might just be using it wrong, though?

coandco

For those having issues with repo validation, try removing the script and checking it out again with this command:

Code:
svn checkout https://github.com/coandco/mafia-volcano-mining.git/trunk/

GitHub has changed around the layout of their SVN support a couple of times, and KOLMafia's SVN support is really intolerant of any kind of change.

coandco

Is there some reason why it always farms way less turns than I ask it to the first time? Every day, I run it, input my exact # of adventures available, and then it completes, leaving me with ~90 adv left. Then I run it again, inputting my new adventure total, and it runs down to 0, as it is presumably supposed to. It's a minor annoyance, since I just have to run it twice a day, but I'd of course prefer to only have to run it once. I might just be using it wrong, though?

Hmm. I've never experienced that behavior. Can you PM me a full log of one of the short runs, copied from KoLMafia's graphical CLI?

coandco

Found the solution to Malurth's problem. I originally instituted some primitive protection that would stop the script from looping infinitely, in the form of a maximum number of caves the script would try to mine at any given time. I set the value for this high enough that it wouldn't be a problem with the full-blown mining strategy I had at the time. However, with the "lazy mining" only-first-two-rows strategy that I later implemented, the average number of turns spent per mine is drastically lower, so we're now bumping up against the limit.

To fix the problem on an existing installation, just run the following command in your graphical CLI:

Code:
zlib vmine_maxCaves = 1000

I'll be updating the default value for the variable later tonight.