Feature Goal preference = X

Darzil

Developer
Another of those Darzil thoughts that may never happen, to see how much interest there is.

Now, I know this is something you can do with consult scripts, but I've not mucked around with them.

At the moment we can handle various types of goal, including particular level, count of choice adventures, count (absolute or relative) of items, but I don't think we can do it based on preference. This seems a shame, as there are loads of quests where we could look for a particular quest status to stop on.

I have no particular idea about syntax, but effectively I'd like to be able to set a goal of "preference dinseyNastyBear = 8" or whatever, so automations stops after killing 8 nasty bears (that probably isn't the right preference name). I'd ideally also like the ability to set up an alias for it in adventures.txt, so we can have a more friendly name in the dropdown.

Thoughts ?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Use case? I can't really think of how I would use this but that may be because there is so much that "Just Works" already embedded in my pre and post adventure scripts as well as a consult script or two. I can see using it for familiar actions but I'm not sure how else.

"100 gore" "11 jungle puns" etc. resemble bounties to me, and seem to be a natural fit for that feature. This would be a nice addition for those of us too (something) to do the scripting.

Bale

Minion
I truly want to be able to set goal blackForestProgress = 5

Is there some other way to stop adutoadventuring in the forest based on finding the Black Market?