Bug - Fixed Mafia and KoL disagree about spleen limit, if spleen skills purchased out-of-order

chown

So, the root issue here is due to a bug in my Ed script, that purchased a spleen skill before purchasing its predecessor. But, KoL seems to have accepted that, and given me the skill. When I did this, KoL credited me 5 spleen limit, but Mafia gave me 10. (The spleen in question was "Yet Another Extra Spleen", purchased before "Another Extra Spleen".) I was able to resolve this by just going to the shop & purchasing the missing skill. But, if it's an easy fix, it might be nice for Mafia's behavior to match KoL's.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Easy fix: KoLCharacter.getSpleenLimit() should count spleen skills and add 5 for each, rather than looking for the "highest" one.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Hm, I guess KoL lets you url-manip purchasing of skills that aren't visible at the time? Interesting, but ultimately irrelevant. I'll commit this, by and by. Unless Veracity is already on it?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I knew this was a thing when the code was added (not by me), but I figured no one would actually buy them out of order so the slightly faster check was fine. It took 6 months for anyone to notice, so it seems like it wasn't a terrible assumption.

chown

Yeah, I even had the Ka on hand to buy the other one, so it was not a big deal for me once I realized what had taken place. But since it's an easy fix, it's also good that KoL and Mafia are on the same page, now. Thanks!