Bug - Fixed Drunki-bear consumption confuses the queue

Bug description: Make sure the food and booze queues are cleared. Consume a drunki-bear from the food area of the item manager. Go to the booze area. Notice that the drunk queue has now gone negative.

KoLmafia r16228.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You might be the only KoLmafia user that uses drunki-bears. I can't speak for the other devs, but when a user says they are "surprised" that I am not spending my precious time to fix something that affects them and only them, it pushes it farther down the list of things I'm interested in looking at.

Darzil

Developer
Way too expensive for me to consider using. I suspect if something cheaper appears that has both drunk and fullness I'd be more interested.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
To be a little more sympathetic: You just have to own a drunkibear to test queuing and dequeuing it. You don't actually have to use it.

The issue is in ConcoctionDatabase.push and ConcoctionDarabase.pop.

The former determines which queue an item goes on, depending on whether it adds to full, drunk, or spleen. It increments queuedFullness if it goes on the food queue, queueInebriety if it goes on the booze queue, and queuedSpleenHit if it goes on the spleen queue.

The latter decrements all of those variables, per the item.

It would be trivial for push to increment all of the variables, which would make it the inverse of pop, as expected - and that would satisfy the bug reported here.

However, fully handling items that are both food & booze might be a bit more complicated. I don't know. I don't want to think about it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 16393 fixes the specific bug reported here.

A drunki-bear is food, but gives drunkenness. It might be nice to have it show up on the booze panel as well as the food panel. It does not.
It also might be nice if it updated the "Drunk Queued" in the title of the booze tab even though you queue it in the food tab. It does not.

These are some of the issues with "fully handling" multi-organ items that I mentioned above that I will not be thinking about.

Bale

Minion
xKiv deleted a post where he made some good points about handling of drunki-bears which might confuse the user if we put them in the booze panel. I wish he hadn't deleted it so I'll quote the parts I find most significant:

xKiv said:
- they can be consumed even when already overdrunk
- they don't gain bonus adventures from ode or any booze helpers

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, so it really is a food which gives drunk as a side effect.

I still think it would be nice if, when you queue one, it says "4 Fullness" in the title of the Food panel and "4 Drunk" in the title of the Booze panel - even though nothing is queued in the booze panel. That might confuse people, but, hey - drunki-bears are confusing.

I think the way to do that would for each of the GUI panels - food, booze, and spleen - to register a listener on "queuedFullness", "queuedInebriety", or "queuedSpleenHit", as appropriate, which updates the title bar with the current value when the listener fires, and wherever something is pushed on or popped off a queue, fire the appropriate listener(s).

xKiv

I deleted that because I thought I realized Veracity was only talking about adding the bears to the queue part of the GUI. My argument was only against including them in the list of items that can be selected for adding to the queue.
Updating "queued drunkness" would definitely be a *good* thing.