Bug - Fixed teensy issue: Lord Spook's spectacles not recognized in some part of mafia

hallehoopma

NB: This is sort of a pre-bug or at least so very tiny, I hesitate to call it a bug, but it has happened quite a few times. No debug log happens, no quest changes are suggested at any point, but I have now seen it since around the Sourceforge apocalypse.

I realize there is (or at least was) a nice big warning when one does not actually wear the specs before using the recipe, and that saved me once, but I keep forgetting to not wear them to see if there is a corresponding other side to this message in the CLI.

When watching in the gCLI, I see the following message. Again - I get no warning, I see them equipped in CHIT, the log shows me equipping them via mafia and ever since a near miss, I check twice, but the following has been showing up, without any other behavior that I have seen. I will do it without the specs on purpose next run to see if the warning or anything else is affected, etc. Meanwhile, here is what I see in the gCLI:
[426] The Haunted Ballroom
Encounter: We'll All Be Flat
Putting on Lord Spookyraven's spectacles...
Equipment changed.

Inspecting Suspicious Masonry
You acquire an item: recipe: mortar-dissolving solution
Using 1 recipe: mortar-dissolving solution...
Finished using 1 recipe: mortar-dissolving solution.
Mortar-dissolving recipe used with Lord Spookyraven's spectacles NOT equipped.

caps are mafia's, but I see no other weird behavior around this. Not sure why it thinks this and not smart enough to even know where to look. If someone else can check before me great, if not, I will check next run by purposefully NOT wearing Lord Spookyraven's spectacles, and then I will be able to tell at least if the warning still is intact, which is really my only concern about this.

Thanks!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You were confusing mafia by manually equipping the specs, since we checked inventory but not equipped items. Fixed in 16154.

Last edited:

emc2

I just expected mafia to equip the spectacles. I have them in inventory, but on using the recipe got this:

The note reads:
TOP SECRET MORTAR DISSOLVING RECIPE
(do not misplace)

loosening powder (Kitchen)
powdered castoreum (Conservatory)
drain dissolver (Bathroom)
triple-distilled turpentine (Gallery)
detartrated anhydrous sublicalc (Lab)
triatomaceous dust (Storage Room)

So no secret recipe, and this is what gli says:
Inspecting Suspicious Masonry
You acquire an item: recipe: mortar-dissolving solution
Using 1 recipe: mortar-dissolving solution...
Finished using 1 recipe: mortar-dissolving solution.
Mortar-dissolving recipe used with Lord Spookyraven's spectacles equipped.
Putting on Bonerdagon necklace...
Equipment changed.

I'd guess that means it think it put them on, but in fact had not. Using version r16174 updated this morning.

Theraze

Nope. Because if it was the mafia code, then it would have made a checkpoint, equipped the spectacles, used the recipe, restored the checkpoint, and THEN done the logging. The part about it putting on the necklace after means that isn't mafia's automated handling messing around.

Any chance you had an inconsistent inventory/equipped state when you reported this? It's acting like mafia believed that you had the spectacles equipped, but it actually wasn't...