Bug - Fixed CSA fire-starting kit use not recognized in Ed

ckb

Minion
Staff member
In Ed path, using a CSA fire-starting kit is not recognized: the kit is not removed from inventory, success is not recorded.

I will try real hard to remember to grab the html from my usage tomorrow.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
The html from using it in the relay browser looks like this:

HTML:
<body>
<Center><div id="results"><table  width=95%  cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Results:</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td><span class='guts'>You pile the sticks up on top of the briefcase (which it turns out is made of kindling) and light a charming little fire at your campsite (not pictured.)<p>Then you think it'd probably be pretty awesome to throw the lighter in the fire, so you do it.<p>It is, in fact, pretty awesome.</span></td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table></div><script>top.charpane.location.href="charpane.php";</script>
</body>

But it worked just fine that way. Hmmm. I'll try to capture a debug log tomorrow (assuming I remember and am still in-path).

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I'm out of Ed and forgot to debug this. Maybe I will remember next time.

hallehoopma

I used a bunch of them in Ed runs, and while it did not register, the effect certainly happened (I chose to use MP) and when I reloaded inventory, the kit disappeared immediately. That is not a lot of help, but at least it is a way to cope in the midst of a run.

Yendor

I've seen this happen outside Ed runs. It also happens with tonic djinn and The Lost Pill Bottle. Mafia does recognize that the fire-starting kit has been used (in _fireStartingKitUsed), but doesn't deduct it (or the other items) from inventory.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I couldn't imagine why it would be different in Ed, so I looked and I don't see any code to remove the item, period.
If it works, it should be removed when you take the choice.
If it fails (already used one today), it should not be removed at all.

Revision 16156 does this.

And, since I am actually Ed at the moment, I tested it and it behaved as expected.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I've seen this happen outside Ed runs. It also happens with tonic djinn and The Lost Pill Bottle. Mafia does recognize that the fire-starting kit has been used (in _fireStartingKitUsed), but doesn't deduct it (or the other items) from inventory.
OK, tonic djinn is another one-per-day item that leads to a choice adventure. We currently have no support for that at all - no _ setting, nothing in ChoiceManager or UseItemRequest to detect usage & usage failures.

I don't understand The Lost Pill Bottle at all. That looks like it's just a normal "usable" (actually, "multiple") item with no daily limit and no choice adventure, so no need to track it

Please create a Bug Report about tonic djinn. And if you can reproduce The Lost Pill Bottle doing something you don't expect - not being removed? - make a bug report for that, too, explaining exactly what you did, what you expected, and what you saw.

Thanks.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yendor is probably referring to the lost key, which is used to get the pill bottle (via one of those weird multiple-stage choices).