Bug - Fixed _speakeasyDrinksDrunk stores incorrect number when drinking fails

r16093. I ran into an issue today where _speakeasyDrinksDrunk thought I'd consumed more drinks than I actually had. Immediately before, I tried to drink via the gCLI, and failed because I didn't have enough meat on hand. I didn't think to check the preference before I visited the speakeasy in the relay browser - at which point I believe it was corrected from value 3 to 2.

> drink bee's k

[Nothing happens. I realize I have <500 meat on hand. I autosell some stuff.]

You gain 1,642 Meat

> drink bee's k

You've already drunk three speakeasy drinks today.

Visiting Speakeasy in clan VIP lounge

> drink bee's k

You gain 8 Adventures

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
HTML:
<table><tr><td>You can't afford that.</td></tr></table></center></td></tr><tr><td height=4></td></tr></table><table  width=95%  cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td style="color: white;" align=center bgcolor=blue><b>Results:</b></td></tr><tr><td style="padding: 5px; border: 1px solid blue;"><center><table><tr><td><center><table width=60%><tr><td>You step into the phone booth.  The phone rings, and you answer it

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I wish that people, when asked to "try revision xxx" reported back to say go or no go.
Marking this fixed.

If they cared enough to submit a bug report, then not responding to the thread once a dev has attempted to fix it means one of two things: it's fixed, or they stopped playing. In the latter case, if nobody else responds either, then it likely wasn't a bug worth fixing.

If they cared enough to submit a bug report, then not responding to the thread once a dev has attempted to fix it means one of two things: it's fixed, or they stopped playing.

Or, as in this case, it means I ran across a bug that wasn't personally critical, but I thought I'd report it while I was looking at it. Because, hey, minimally-buggy software is good software, and maybe it'll make someone else's experience better! I don't consume Speakeasy drinks all that often, and I've got less than 500 meat on hand even less often than that. So it's not something that's been on my radar.

That said, I'll try to note in future whether I'm likely to be able to test a fix for a given bug.

Thanks for fixing this one!