Bug - Not A Bug Unequipping in Bad Moon

Sines

Playing through Bad Moon, and I seem to encounter a bug wherein anytime I automated craft something (and MAYBE one time where I didn't), all of my gear is unequipped. Still persisted after I got my Kidney back. Happens while playing Turtle Tamer and Sauceror. My other Bad Moon runs were years ago.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
What version of Mafia are you running? A similar issue existed right when Jick rolled out the inline item descriptions in the inventory, although I'm not sure if it's the same issue here.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Playing through Bad Moon, and I seem to encounter a bug wherein anytime I automated craft something (and MAYBE one time where I didn't), all of my gear is unequipped. Still persisted after I got my Kidney back. Happens while playing Turtle Tamer and Sauceror. My other Bad Moon runs were years ago.

What version are you running with? This could be a result of KoL changes. The latest version r16095 should certainly have this fixed. I can't tell from the commit logs what the oldest version with the fix is so just grab the latest and try it, please.

Sines

Alrighty, I'll give it a try. I think I was getting an archived version of the Mafia page on my browser or something, because it hadn't updated in quite a while.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Alrighty, I'll give it a try. I think I was getting an archived version of the Mafia page on my browser or something, because it hadn't updated in quite a while.

That could have been because SourceForge was unavailable for about a week during which time no new versions of KoLmafia were built and shared except by an ad hoc process in a forum thread.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
We should probably make a new "official" release, since the KoL change broke us badly.

It'd be nice to have the Pasta changes complete and "enough" of the new elemental charter that is coming soon, first.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I would actually like to hold off on a new release until after the new challenge path rolls, but that may be too long.

Darzil

Developer
I guess it'll depend a what we want done on the charters. There has a been a huge amount of quest tracking to add for the others, and the quests have been throttled so they are slow to add support for.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I think areas, monsters, items, shops would be enough of the charter to let us release. Quest tracking can be added when we figure it out - which could take weeks. Similarly, it could take weeks after the new challenge path is released before we support it "enough".

It doesn't take THAT long to spin a release. We could do another one in a few weeks, if we wanted.

Ulti

Playing through hardcore, making smithsness gear via the "make" command, sometimes, I've been noticing, within about the last week or two, it unequips all my equipment.
My current ascension, I haven't had this trouble. So I'm guessing it was somehow related to the sourceforge down time. I doubt it was the inventory update since in the options I unchecked the box the same tuesday the change went into affect to work with Mafia. I'll post here again if I notice the unequipping issue arise again, but so far so good.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
So I'm guessing it was somehow related to the sourceforge down time. I doubt it was the inventory update since in the options I unchecked the box the same tuesday the change went into affect to work with Mafia. I'll post here again if I notice the unequipping issue arise again, but so far so good.

I'm guessing that the people who didn't see that problem after unchecking the box would not have seen it either way based on how they play. Looking at the page source, it didn't seem like unchecking the box would actually matter. Sourceforge being down doesn't magically break mafia, it just means that new versions aren't available to adapt to things that break it.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Playing through hardcore, making smithsness gear via the "make" command, sometimes, I've been noticing, within about the last week or two, it unequips all my equipment.
My current ascension, I haven't had this trouble. So I'm guessing it was somehow related to the sourceforge down time. I doubt it was the inventory update since in the options I unchecked the box the same tuesday the change went into affect to work with Mafia. I'll post here again if I notice the unequipping issue arise again, but so far so good.

Uhh... There was a KoL-side change that seemed to cause the unequip problem. It was fixed but the fix was not propagated until SourceForge came back up. As far as I know the unequip had nothing to do with the state of any KoLmafia settings so if you can reproduce something feel free to make a report.