Feature - Rejected safe multi-stage crafting

Ulti

Due to free crafting adventures remaining being unreliable and miscounted with multi-stage crafting, we can't be sure how many adventures were saved by the text alone, thus we're stuck making guesses how many adventures were saved based on the recipe we're making.
With the above in mind, the best solution I could think of is adding a preferences option, when enabled, that forces mafia to do all multi-stage crafting as a series of single-stage crafts. That way free crafting adventures remaining can be tracked in a reliable manner. Yay or Nay?

Darzil

Developer
What miscounting is currently going on? Is KoL still printing some messages when it shouldn't?

Where do we use multi-stage crafting currently? I think it's just when users explicitly ask for it in relay browser?

Ulti

I haven't tested it thoroughly, but as of recent, since hi meins don't use The WoK of Ages anymore, I run my ascension script until I'm low on turns, press ESC to abort the script and play a few turns by hand to obtain hi mein components, then I craft the hi meins in the relay browser, and re-run the ascension script with the turns I generated, but later the script attempts to burn off free crafts it thinks I still have, and this winds up with the script blowing supposedly free crafts on anything it can get its hands until I'm out of reagents. I do know it's been an on-going issue, though, when I used to not automate my ascensions and I tried to run guide and guide could never seem give tell me the right number of free crafts I had, I'd craft in the relay browser, and guide would tell me I have 3 free crafts remaining when I had 0, and even using a few more crafts after that, even though they used adventures, mafia wasn't smart enough to figure out the last craft used an adventure, and the free crafts remaining count in mafia still said I have 3 free crafts....

Darzil

Developer
Would like to fix that if possible (post r16055, when a fix for multi-crafting that worked for me was implemented).

Can you get me some debug logs from it going wrong so I can investigate ?

Ulti

I don't have any debug logs that mafia printed out related to the issue, but I can attempt to investigate the issue more thoroughly and see if your fix helped.

Darzil

Developer
When I ask for a debug log, I mean before doing it, enable debug log (Help-Start Debug log), then do the actions, then stop the debug log and post the debug.

Mafia won't be printing one in this instance as it doesn't know anything is wrong.

Ulti

Hmm... can't reproduce on my multi with r16077 via the relay with lime key pies. I'll have to check with hi meins on my main after rollover to verify.

Ulti

I tried this with hi meins in the relay browser with my main and Mafia counted my free crafts remaining correctly.
I'm guessing this is no longer an issue as of r16055.