Feature Log whatever schrodinger's thermos or quantum taco turned into when consumed

I just drank a schrodinger's thermos from the item manager booze pane, switched over to the gCLI to see what it was, and saw only the adventures, drunkenness and stats. Can this / should this show what it was transformed into in the log? I didn't have a quantum taco, but would the same apply? This needs to translate the image to the item, doesn't it?

PeKaJe

But you're not actually told what it turns into, are you? I thought the thermos/taco only showed you the consumption message, image, and gains. Of course, mafia *could* maybe detect that you were about to consume one of those, load up your consumption list, use the thermos/taco, then compare the consumption list with before. Sounds rather tedious, though.

Theraze

That sounds exactly like what PeKaJe said... isn't that the consumption message? And wouldn't that mean that detecting the consumption would require keeping a database of every single item's consumption message somewhere in mafia so that it could run its detection?
Or does it actually display some information about the item being consumed in the html source?

If someone actually wanted this to happen, they'd probably need to turn debug on, use one of the random-producing items, turn debug off, and post the log. Hopefully it would end up having the item number being actually-consumed in the source.

That would be nice.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Actually, heeheehee's post shows that if you happen to combine a quantum taco with Ol' Scratch's salad fork, you do see the name of what you eat, because using a salad fork explicitly shows the food's name in an easy to parse manner. I expect the same is true of using a thermos with frosty's mug.

There's no good reason to assume that a taco/thermos will be paired with a fork/mug, though. We could log the entire consumption message from a taco/thermos, and the image that shows up, but most people would have to check the wiki to have any idea what they just got.